Maybelline New York Color Tattoo - Seashore Frosts #30

4.3

on 6/24/2015 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

This is really interesting color...shifts from a light blue-green to peachy-pink with some gold shimmer in there...even perhaps a hint of lilac. Very pearlescent formula.
It's a little on the sheer side for me so I have to layer it if I want to wear it as a stand-alone shadow.
But I regularly like to use these Color Tattoo cream shadows as bases for my powder shadows. I layer them over MAC's "Painterly" paint pot as a primer and this combo keeps for hours and hours.

I recently ordered a shimmery blue-green-gold shadow from Coastal Scents which I think might look absolutely beautiful over this base.

I would repurchase this item as it's a really unique looking color as a base for me....but it's not one I reach for a whole lot, right now.

Still worth giving a try if you get the chance to.

After reading reviews about this colour I decided I really really wanted it. Unfortunately in my country we only get very few shades and I have never seen any limited edition colours. I decided to purchase from Amazon, and while I got it for a great price there, the shipping and taxes to my country killed me. That being said, I LOVE LOVE it. On me its hard to describe, but the best I can say is, its a slate grey silvery gold with the very slightest hint of blue. The duo chrome colour is soooooo beautiful. Thus far I have only worn this by itself with liner and mascara, to show off its fabulous awesomeness. I do not have oily lids, (I do use primer first) but depending on the weather they can become oily and this stays put, no creasing whatsoever. It go on very smooth. Really love this and HIGHLY recommend it.

on 10/7/2013 8:22:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Freaking LOVE this!! I'm not someone who regularly wears blue eyeshadow (I kinda think it should be outlawed actually, lol.) But this subtle blue with gold flash has stolen my heart! I don't have the problem with patchy application like others have mentioned, but I always start with a primer and then apply two thin layers of SF over it. My favorite way to wear it from there is to dust a light layer of Becca Lurex over the top of it to enhance the gold duochrome, add a light brown in the crease and line my top lashes with a dark brown liner. This gives me a lovely neutral work-appropriate look with a little pop, and makes my blue eyes shine. I've actually just swapped for a backup since it's limited edition and I can't stand the thought of ever being without it!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I practically ran to Walgreens to find this after seeing it used in a FOTD (seashore frosts was used on top of black shadow.) I've never seen anything quite like it--there are so many dimensions to the color. I haven't had success using it all over my lid, but on top of black liquid eyeliner, I love it. It makes the coolest, most unusual liner. It is very much worth the $7-8 I paid. I should probably get a backup...

What a unique color! It ends up golden on my lids and shimmery blue-gray in the crease - two shadows in one. I would have never, ever purchased it based on the color in the pot. Usually I run in the opposite direction from blue eye shadow!

It goes on too sheer if you use your fingers. Get a soft, natural bristle brush like the MAC 239 or the excellent Loew-Cornell maxine mop dupe. Makes a big difference in the application and impact of the color.

How to even describe this little pit of limited perfection! Sheer Perfection. A great dupe for MAC Paint Pots and BeneFit Creaseless Cream Shadows, not in colours but in texture and longetivity.

Price: $7 USD
Colours: sky blue based duochrome with seafoam green/light teal/peachy gold/slight palr bronzy sheen/hint of lavender with pinked peach
Pigmentation: medium; very buildable
Wear time: all day

It's an excellent base for powder shadows but it's a shame to cover up this gorgeousness. The colour is unlike anything in my decently sized collection. In certain light and angle, the peachy goldeny colour matches my lid colour bang on, giving it a glowy look. Other times, it's a mix of flattering colours on anyone.
For the price, they really are on par with the high-end makeup that cost triple, if not more.
It's limited so grab some while you can! Fellow Canadians, we sadly have to go across the border but it's worth it

This is a dirty, muddy, mess. Glad I have my receipt. Terrible.

I went to a few stores before finally finding this at Rite Aid. I'm glad I did, this color is gorgeous! When I initially saw swatches of it online it looked like there was a hint of pink to it and I thought it would look nice as a base under MAC Vex and it does! Normally I find Vex to be kind of sheer and the duochrome doesn't show much, but over Seashore Frosts it looks amazing! Very pigmented and the duochrome really stands out despite SF not showing any noticeable pink tones. I love wearing this combo with Satin Taupe in the crease. I wish they would make this color permanent!

This is my first ever Color Tattoo and I'm over all impressed. What drew me to this line was this unique color, I bought two others as well but this is my favorite. I will admit that I was surprised when I felt how creamy it was when I swatched it on my hand, I really wasn't expecting it to be so creamy. When applying I used just this with some liner and mascara. So it came a nice, mostly effortless look. As I was applying though, I noticed that its so creamy that I caught my self just pushing color around on my lid (on top of U.D.P.P) at times so, for me, its better applied when its patted on with my brush compared to the typical fashion of applying shadows with a brush. The color lasted a good few hours on me (that's all I wore it for before I came home and washed everything off) with no creasing or dried up cakey looking mess on my lids. I'm definitely interested in purchasing some shades now from their permanent line as well, over all they work great for the price you can get them for and I will definitely recommend these, especially this gorgeous unique color!

on 5/1/2013 1:44:00 PM

I really enjoy all the Maybelline colour tattoo. They are just so easy and quick to put on just before you leave the house! I think they are so worth the price. I use mine every single day and absolutely find no fault in it. It works as a nice primer and all too! Go buy it, its worth the hype!