Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)
Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

4.3

I'm actually surprised with this lipquid lipbalm. Almay was on sale at my local CVS, so I figured I'd try some new colors from this line. I happened to pick up Apple a Day and Truffle Kiss, and I loved the formulation and the colors. They're sheerer than lipstick but have more color than most lip balms. And they give shine like a lip gloss. So needless to say, it was exactly what I was looking for. I was most shocked at how these moisturized my dry, flaky lips. I've been using Dr Pepper Lip Smackers, but since they changed the formula, the Almay Liquid Lipbalms have now been my go-to and the product I reach for every day. I picked up a couple of other colors as well -- Plum So Good, Pink Pout and Apricot Pucker. I wasn't too impressed with the Apricot Pucker as it was too orange for my tastes, and the Pink Pout can be too pastel looking depending on the color of my lips. So my favorites from this line have been Plum So Good and Apple a Day. Highly recommended, and a favorite of mine from the drugstore.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I've been loving the matte lip look and sticking with that. It never occurred to me that I might be doing real damage to my lips. So imagine my surprise when I was out and felt the sudden pain that comes with having cracked lips? That's right, the center of my bottom lip was cracked. And yes, it was painful. Vaseline didn't help. Burt's bees seemed to make it worse. I'd resorted to putting Shea Butter on my lips. It helped a little, but my lip wasn't healing as fast as I thought it should. I know Almay products are good, so on a whim, I purchase this item in the color Truffle (950). My lip was completely healed in 3 days. I'm very pleased with the results. I usually gloss over drug store items because of fear of ingredients, and the belief that higher end items will be better. Guess what? I'm learning that I'm wrong. I use Korres Lip butters, Body Shop lip cremes under my matte lipsticks, and still managed to get chapped lips. I've decided to add a couple of Almay Lip Balm Color & Care tubes to my supply.

As for color payoff, this isn't a lipstick, but it does give a nice tint to the lips. It is kinda' sticky so flying hair will be a problem. It smells nice, doesn't have a nasty aftertaste, and application is easy (doe eye tip applicator). It does come off kinda' easy, so you'll definitely have to reapply, but it's worth it for the results.

on 11/24/2016 2:30:00 AM

Didn't care too much for the finish or the pigmentation it's just blah to me

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never wore this and recently got rid of one because it was too light. But RN I'm wearing Just Plum and it's so pretty!!! Like I'm going to go buy like five lmao.

on 1/23/2016 3:48:00 PM

...what's the point of having a colored lip balm if the color is entirely unnoticeable?

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Apple-A-Day one day recently while in Target, just to have as a handbag go to, and must say it is a nice summertime color. Not too dark, not to light, and above all, not too heavy. Definitely a color that will carry me through the Fall months as well. If NARS Damage is a color that works well on you then this will work nicely too. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest score) I'd rate its lasting strength at about 6.5.

Summertime skin - Tan
Eyes - Brown
Hair-Medium (Golden) Brown
Age 53

I really like this, very moisturizing. It is probably the most moisturizing lip product for me that isn't a straight up lip balm. Not super pigmented but provides a nice tint and is buildable. Definitely a nice sheen. Very wearable everyday type lip gloss :) especially if you have dry lips like me.

Love this lipgloss! Highly highly recommend it in lilac love, such a pretty shade w purple undertones

on 5/14/2015 5:03:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing. I generally use revlon ultra suede and find the color lasts but it's drying. I thought I'd buy a clear lip gloss to accent the lipstick. I happened upon the Almay lip gloss in Rose and thought I'd give it a try. It's perfect! Leaves color and shine to compliment my existing lipstick. I'll buy again.

smell so good, feel great, very subtle look which I prefer, great gloss