Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

Almay Liquid Lip Balm (all colors)

4.3

on 7/11/2016 11:16:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have "Truffle Kiss" and it's my go to lipcolor most of the time. I love this deeper warm berry shade, because it's like my own liptone, but darker, so it looks more natural and wearable than shades that are too cool toned or too bright. The formula is great, very silky but not sticky, and does not cause my lip to chap like so many glosses and balms do. Packaging is really pretty, and the price is great (less than $6). I am on my 3rd tube, and I usually have no product loyalty with cosmetics.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I never wore this and recently got rid of one because it was too light. But RN I'm wearing Just Plum and it's so pretty!!! Like I'm going to go buy like five lmao.

To Read all 106 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/23/2016 3:48:00 PM

...what's the point of having a colored lip balm if the color is entirely unnoticeable?

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I purchased Apple-A-Day one day recently while in Target, just to have as a handbag go to, and must say it is a nice summertime color. Not too dark, not to light, and above all, not too heavy. Definitely a color that will carry me through the Fall months as well. If NARS Damage is a color that works well on you then this will work nicely too. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being highest score) I'd rate its lasting strength at about 6.5.

Summertime skin - Tan
Eyes - Brown
Hair-Medium (Golden) Brown
Age 53

I really like this, very moisturizing. It is probably the most moisturizing lip product for me that isn't a straight up lip balm. Not super pigmented but provides a nice tint and is buildable. Definitely a nice sheen. Very wearable everyday type lip gloss :) especially if you have dry lips like me.

Love this lipgloss! Highly highly recommend it in lilac love, such a pretty shade w purple undertones

on 5/14/2015 5:03:00 PM

This product is absolutely amazing. I generally use revlon ultra suede and find the color lasts but it's drying. I thought I'd buy a clear lip gloss to accent the lipstick. I happened upon the Almay lip gloss in Rose and thought I'd give it a try. It's perfect! Leaves color and shine to compliment my existing lipstick. I'll buy again.

smell so good, feel great, very subtle look which I prefer, great gloss

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

These must be going to be discontinued, as I saw these in a Clearance bin at my local Kmart for around $1.50. I already have 2 shades at home, the Plum Good one and the Cool Canteloupe Cream shades, and I picked up the Blooming Balm one at Kmart, and it is the perfect cool-toned almost a baby-pink shade on my lips. These apply very easily, no slipping and sliding, I cannot detect a scent and they wear nicely, no stickiness or tackiness or gumminess and do not turn weird colors as the day goes on. Makes lips feel soft, too.

Sad that these are apparently being discontinued. I might run out and pick up a couple more colors. These are great by themselves but also great for layering over a lipstick or a lip liner. I can see me using this Blooming Balm shade one to mute down or calm down some bright shades of lip products that I have. But again, it is very pretty on it's own. So these are very versatile and just wear good and feel good on the lips.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a must-have if you're gluten intolerant or celiac. Somewhere in your makeup bag, you need something to protect lips in the worst weathers of winter and summer. This fills that need, beautifully. My lips stopped chapping in 32 degree weather, when I started wearing this, daily. It really is an effective balm in gloss form.

This is also truly gluten-free. (I am a celiac with an old diagnosis. 10 ppm is enough to make me sick.) Very glossy, moisturizing, and pretty, this doesn't bleed into lip lines and it prevents chapping in cold, dry or windy weather.

I have six colors. The darkest colors are the best because the color payoff is not great. The gloss also doesn't last that long.

The lightest color has a sort of chemical-y smell, which moderately unpleasant. The darker colors smell like cookies, and they feel very girly and pretty. This reminds me of the roll-on glosses I wore in eighth grade in the eighties, except not quite as sticky.

I really like these, despite the fact that they are mostly gloss: truly gluten-free lip color that isn't weird, available in a drug store and reasonably cheap, is almost impossible to come by--as of this writing, I can think of only one other drug store brand that says gf in their promotional materials (Physician's Formula). When CVS has a buy-one-get one 50% off, you can own most of these for about $30.00

Video Reviews & Tutorials