Lancome Mat Miracle 24H Liquid Foundation

3.7

am on the fence with this product.

background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user, blemish / acne prone skin, currently living in sub tropical conditions, ranging 91.4°F on an average day. prefers wearing full faced makeup.

i picked the colour on my own and wasn't matched properly. for reference i am an NC35 in MAC pro longwear. i got the colour o-02 but its too yellow and fair. i only use this when i don't tan as much.

overall, it didn't do well on my oily combo skin. it sets very quickly the moment you apply some product on your face. i prefer using a damp beauty blender to apply the product, but its medium - full coverage. slightly buildable but you need to make sure to moisturize really well, or else it'll cling on to your dry patches very easily. once the product sets, it won't budge, and the moment you try to alter, it will flake. it happened to me so i wasn't fond of that.

the finish is quite satin - matte. unless you have extremely oily skin, in my opinion i don't think you'd need a mattifying primer beforehand as it is quite matte at first glance.

longevity wise is average - about 6-8 hours. nothing like what it claims, however none of the foundations which had claimed to last 24 hours did too. you'd require at least one touch up during the day.

colour range was very limited. this is targeted towards the asian market but there are WOC as well. i wish they'd expand the range.

i like the packaging, it does feel luxurious and comes with a pump that can dispense the right amount of foundation out. its not some cheap plastic kind of pump so i appreciate the "luxurious" high end feel.

it is expensive. if i had to rate it overall on my skin it'd be a 6/10. its not my HG, but it works on me when my skin becomes oily.

i think this would work really well if you have extremely oily skin, but not combo types. if you have dry patches stay away from it. i'd use up this product but i don't think i'd repurchase again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have very oily skin with some acne scarring and periodic red cheeks. I need a medium to full coverage foundation. I really like this one. It covers well and doesn't break me out. I have to blot my face throughout the day and reapply powder so I don't think it controls my oil really well but if I blot and reapply powder, I can wear this make up all day and it still looks good.

To Read all 18 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I've been using Revlon colorstay foundation, and YSL serum foundation for my oily face. But it turns out I fell in love with Lancome mat miracle 24H!
I have super duper oily face and acne spot. At first I was a bit sceptical because lancome texture was too smooth, I was afraid it could not stays on my oily face, but Lancome covers my acne spot and makes my skin stays flawless all day :D
The other thing is that Lancome price is affordable & just in between my revlon (if you prefer drugstore foundation) and my YSL serum foundation (high end foundation).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is my first review cuz i feel i need to say something about this product. this is the worst foundation i ever used. its watery, dries fast, makes my pores enormous. i tried different primers, but none worked with it. i used fingers, brushes, all streaked. there is simply no way i could make it work. if i hadnt bought it from duty free at airport, i would think its fake cuz i still dont believe such a big brand has such awful product. i have never hated a makeup product so much

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was dazzled by the beautiful packaging and bought this at sephora 1 month ago.

The product dries up extremely quickly on my hand and i normally need 3 pumps to finish covering my entire face. It flakes endlessly when I use it with my Loreal BaseMagique Primer. Since I have oily skin, I assume this product will be appropriate for me and give me long lasting wear. No, it didnt, there wasnt much left on my face by the time I come home at night. However, this product does give me an enviable glow for the first few hours and makes my skin look extremely silky. I dont like it though, especially for such a pricey cost.

I have a combination-oil skin type, as with a number of fellow femmes residing in a sub-tropical humid environment. The shine factor has always been a concern for me and other liquid foundations didn't do much to solve that issue although they claimed to be mattifying. As such, I skipped liquid foundation altogether and stuck with powder-based foundations.

At the product's launch last year, I was drawn to the bold marketing promises - 24 hours of matte coverage and colours to match my skin type. I took up the promotional offer and claimed a complimentary sample at a Lancome counter close to my workplace. After testing 2 shades, the MUA advised my ideal shade (O-03).

The road-test: I brought the sample jar containing 2 - 3 pumps of foundation along to my vacation in April in Bangkok (yet another moist, humid climate!) - with a twist! It was Songkran, the country's New Year celebrations known for the week-long festivities of the nation-wide water-tossing at complete strangers as a sign of blessings showered. Would my foundation last in an equally humid weather, with heaps of water tossed at my face and body? Or, would I end up with carrot-y streaks of foundation down my clothes?

The result: the foundation made it. To be specific, the makeup faded as time went on. But, I had a dewy, not shiny complexion at the end of the day.

Truth be told, this does come at quite a pretty penny - but, it is well worth it in my opinion.

I'd say - get the sample, do a road-test (you can opt not to do such an extreme one like I did) before you consider getting it - it is, afterall, your second skin and you'd want it to feel comfortable!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hey girls. For those of you who are having sensitive, acne-prone skin, don't ever apply this on your face!!! *WARNING*
I loved this foundation at first when I put it on for my customer (I'm a makeup artist). Her skin was absolutely flawless, only a bit dry and having uneven skin tone. But she was only 17 so at that point of time, no pimple or trouble showed up. What was my experience about this foundation when applied on her?
Pros:
- good texture, goes on smoothly with a flat brush. I don't recommend using finger as it leaves marks and is not even.
- it absorbs so quickly, sinks into the skin and makes her face look completely beautiful and natural. It was like "omg where's the foundation?"
- it stays put and lasts for quite sometime. When she got back from the club, her makeup was still on, still beautiful.
Well, it was so nice and beautiful enough to make me think " I want to replace my current foundation with this, because the finish is so natural". Who wants to look like a cake with full of powder on our face? Who doesn't want to look as natural as possible so no one finds out we are wearing makeup? This foundation doesn't appear oily as well.
BUT...
When I put it on my face, I saw the huge difference. Check it out my review for Clinique derma white bright c liquid foundation. I've been using it for more than 2 years and you know what, it brightened my complexion. The vitamin c makes my face looks luminous and fresh. But this Lancome foundation doesn't give me that fresh look.
Cons:
- it doesn't brighten your skin. (So Clinique foundation makes you look younger. However, that luminous look doesn't suit oily skin)
- it causes breakout. This is a huge disadvantage. Is there anyone out there want to risk her skin for a product? No, right? If you have normal skin and you are confident this won't give you any bad skin day then go ahead and good luck. It's a great foundation if you don't find any trouble with this. But if you are having sensitive, acne-prone, redness- prone, give it a miss.
However, my experience may not be the same as yours so do not afraid so much.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have a really oily t-zone, especially on my nose. Have been searching high and low for a foundation that is oil-controlling! For me, i've tried using bb creams from faceshop, chanel's aqua vita lumiere foundation (which has very good coverage and texture! BUT a bit too heavy), but all doesn't control my oily skin well.

Well, i read about the Mat Miracle online and how it is designed for Asian skin. Decided to give it a try! Got a testing at the counter, the lady gave me like O-03 which was realllly yellow on me. Didnt buy the first time, thought it was too pricey. But after that i was always thinking about it, and went back the second time. This time i was matched to PO-03. Pink-ochre. Perfect colour!

Now, this product really works wonders. It is lightweight, a beautiful satin finish and medium coverage. When i say satin, its not oily/glowy, but a very natural tinge. Compared to other creams i used, this holds my oily-t zone well for about 4 hrs before i get a little oily. Even if my t-zone gets oily, its a minimal and natural looking shine. So, totally loving Mat Miracle! Doesn't break me out.

Plus factors: Bottle is elegant and has a pump! I was surprised it was: Made in Japan (Japan is long known for quality products)

I fell in love with Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24h that I bought in the UK. It has amazing coverage, a luxurious texture, my skin looked hydrated and not oily, it kept me matte for a relatively decent amount of time, and looked really natural. When I moved to Singapore, I thought the Mat Miracle was similar since they don't carry the Teint Idole Ultra line here so I tried it when I finally ran out.

It felt like a watered down and didn't have the same amount of coverage. There was no miracle in keeping matte either, not for even half the time that Teint Idole Ultra 24h gave me. I have combination skin, I really hoped this would be a HG foundation for my skintype and this climate. I am a little disappointed, and will continue my search for that same quality I liked in Teint Idole.

I bought this last year and it did not quite worked for me... However, after moving to a humid city I rediscovered this product. It is great for combination skin and it works really well with Smashbox's primer. The product oxidizes a bit, so I would recommend buying a lighter shade (1 shade lighter). The product has great coverage (medium) and it is long-lasting.