Shiseido Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

Shiseido  Perfect Hydrating BB Cream

-Ensulizole 2% -Octinoxate 7.4% -Titanium Dioxide 7.2% Water, Dimethicone, Sd Alcohol 40-B, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Glycerin, Dipropylene Glycol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Xylitol, Peg-6, Peg-32, Peg/Ppg-14/7 Dimethyl Ether, Thiotaurine, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Arginine Hcl, Ononis Spinosa Root Extract, Sodium Pca, Sophora Angustifolia Root Extract, Ppg-17, Aluminum Hydroxide, Aminomethyl Propanol, Aluminum Distearate, Isostearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Trisodium Edta, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Alumina, Polysilicone-2, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polybutylene Glycol/Ppg-9/1 Copolymer, Bht, Syzygium Jambos Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

on 7/13/2016 11:30:00 AM

I am not happy with this bb cream at all, the only good thing about it is the sunscreen which has a very high titatnium dioxide (7.2%) compared to all the othe bb creams I've checked. But it ends there, it is called "hydrating" but actually it does not hydrate at all!!! On the contrary my skin felt really dry every time i used it, it emphasized all the dehydration lines on my face. The third ingredient is alcohol and i guess that's the reason why it's drying. It's really watery for a bb as well, it provides almost no coverage, and i am a fan of really light coverage products but this was very light even for me! It corrects some redness around the nose area and that's it really. Big disappointment...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an overpriced bb cream that isn't very special. I've tried drugstore products better than this. I'd get a sample... This oxidizes and makes your skin look orangish.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

It's thick, it's sticky, it goes cakey in less than an hour. This product is everything I don't want my BB cream to be. For me it was a blind buy as I bought it at the airport from a duty-free shop after reading all the positive reviews on MakeupAlley without actually trying it on, and it's definitely not for me. It looks very shiny/oily as soon as I put it on and that's the thing I hate the most about it. I already have silky smooth skin, there's not much a product can do for me besides mattifying my skin and creating an even tone but this product fails to do even those very simple things. This is the third day - I still couldn't get used to it and I'm having a very bad skin breakout. Stay away!

on 2/2/2014 2:42:00 PM

Shiseido is my favorite skin care line and I wear their White Lucent Softener underneath the White Lucent Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion every night before bedtime...after I wash my face with their Benefiance cleaner. And I'm usually washing away my HG makeup, Shiseido Powder Cream Foundation compact. Though I do love Shiseido, I was shocked at how poor their BB offering performed. Coverage was lacking, product did not blend well, and their range of colors was poor, none matching my skin tone. In addition, it oxidized and made my face look orange, as if I'd slathered on fake tanning cream. Just not up to Shiseido's usual high standards.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Kinda on the fence about this one. Upon intial application my skintone came out looking super pale as it wasn't a near perfect color match but after about 30 minutes of a little bit of oxidation it came close to matching my skin but it wasn't perfect. My chin actually looked darker than the rest of my face and it stayed that way all day. I only applied this over my daytime serum and I experienced zero break thru oil. If the shade was a better fit for me I would give it 5 stars. Its just too neutral for my nc45 skintone. Just needs a tad bit more of yellow. It definitely works well at keeping the oil slick under control and I love the fact that it didn't irritate my skin. I hope that they formulate a darker shade.

İt is very expencive and it is not better then maybelline dream pure bb cream. Even tough i have combo skin it dried my skin. İt just has a very light coverage.

on 5/13/2015 1:36:00 AM

I purchased a tube of this over a year ago and just can't seem to make myself want to use it on a regular basis. I first purchased the light and had to go back and exchange for the medium, this was surprising since I am light to medium with neutral undertones but do tend to stay on the lighter side of make-up choices unless I am spending a lot of time outside and have picked up some color.

The product is very sheer and provides very little coverage. If you suffer from roscea or any type of redness or hyper pigmentation, this will not provide enough coverage to even out skin tone. I, fortunately, only have slight redness on my right cheek every morning since I sleep on my right side and it eventually goes away as the day wears on, but it can make applying make-up tricky if I don't get good coverage to even out that redness. Applying multiple layers of this on my right cheek didn't budge the redness whatsoever, but did make the rest of my face look dewy and youthful. The product also doesn't last long and wears off after about 4 hours.

The product has a nice texture, is very creamy and applies nicely, but again is very sheer. Since I waited too long to take it back for a refund I am trying to use it up as a primer before applying my foundation. I will not repurchase when I have finished this tube.

It is a nice product. Feels balmy and is easy to apply as it gets spread over the face like a dream. The coverage is light to medium. The BB cream does even out the skin tone a bit. Works better on a drier skin. The colour is not too pink or yellow so will suit most.
The downside is the fact that facial redness is not camouflaged well. Besides, the product wears off your skin pretty soon, so in 4-5 hours there is almost no coverage at all. Haven't tried setting the product with some powder. Maybe that would solve the problem.

on 12/20/2013 2:54:00 PM

I really wanted to try out a BB cream as I've heard so much talk about it, so of course I scan MUA for the best I can get a hold of where I live, and my choise fell on this. So I went to pick up a sample, but to my dissapointment it made me look orange. I have pink undertones to my skin, so I guess this is a good product if you got yellow. Another thing I didn't like was the finish look. It was a bit to dewey, on the edge to shiny, but I guess some powder can fix that problem, so it's no major. Anyway, despite the colour and finish I LOVED the texture and how it felt on my skin. If they ever come out with colours for pinkish undertones I will definitely buy!
I now got my eyes on Lumenes BB cream, which supposedly is for pink undertoned skin, yay!

on 7/18/2013 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I was looking for a one product option to take with me on a trip to stand in for the Dr. Hauschka Bronzing lotion/Sheseido sunscreen combo that I usually use. Both time and space in my bag will be at a premium on this trip and I'll be outside most of the day so I needed something that could stand up to the heat and humidity, give me light coverage, good sunscreen protection and would not break me out. Tall order but the SA at Sephora directed me to this because it's SPF 35. I was a little sceptical at first because I had tried samples of their tinted sunscreen and found the color selection terrible. This only comes in two color options, Medium and Dark. Initially the SA matched me to the Dark but I found it a bit too warm. It blended in ok and probably would have looked ok because my face is lighter than the rest of me but I wasn't thrilled by it. Not quite satisfied I asked to try the medium shade. I think it's easier and more natural looking to throw on a little bronzer or contour so that your face matches the rest of your body in summer than to go with a bad foundation match. Surprisingly it blended into my natural skin tone perfectly. It has just the right amount of yellow undertones. This goes on best buffed in with a synthetic buffer or small kabuki and evens out my complexion nicely. It sinks in quickly, doesn't break me out and isn't sticky, oily or heavy feeling. Obviously this is labeled as a BB Cream so I wasn't expecting full coverage but this does layer for much better coverage than expected especially when used with some concealer. I have cone sensitive combo skin and find this to be just the right amount of moisture for me in the summer when TM's can melt in the humidity and BB's aren't even a consideration this is perfect for me. If you have dry skin this isn't going to be enough for you. I've not taken this on vacation yet but so far it's held up well in humidity and mild sun exposure. This is not labeled water resistant like their regular sunscreens but only seems slightly less of a pain in the rear to remove so I think I'll be using this for day to day and the water resistant for swimming and exercise. A little pricey but I'm willing to repurchase for sunscreen I trust combined with the TM coverage I'm looking for. Just wish there was a bit more product for the money.

**Update**

I still think this is an ok product but after using it on my trip while I was running around alot I became less and less impressed. It didn't hold up as well as I'd hoped and after a while my skin started cranking out a lot of oil when I used this making it blotchy looking by lunch Still nice for lazy days or running to the grocery etc. but not what I was looking for in the long run so I returned it. I prefer their Extra Smooth sunscreen tinted with a bronzer to this and that's readily available at TJ Maxx usually at a discounted price.