63%

Shop Now

Reviews

from

7 months ago

This is by no means a “one step” cleanser, meaning, it is not sufficient to use alone nor is one application adequate to thoroughly cleanse a face of sunscreen and makeup. I think the title and use instructions on the bottle are misleading. If I don’t cleanse twice using a total of 3 pumps of the oil or I don’t follow up one oil cleanse with the Tatcha Rice Polish Gentle exfoliant, my face cloth will inevitably show residual makeup. Since this is an expensive oil cleanser at $73 AUD, I don’t feel the cost is warranted. On a positive note, this cleanser does not cause dryness despite the rinse-off agents/property of the oil and my skin is soft after cleansing. I still need to promptly hydrate my skin after cleansing but this is the same with any cleansing product for me due to my drier skin type. Packaging is gorgeous on Tatcha products and is a point of difference reflected in the price. It was nice to try but I will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

7 months ago

Just average for the price..... There are great facial cleansers out there that are a fraction of the price. It does an average job of cleaning but definitely not worth the hype.

About reviewer (12 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

9 months ago

I have purchased this oil cleanser several times over the past several years. It’s gentle, smells nice, lasts a long time, and removes makeup well. It seems a bit expensive for an oil cleanser, but it hasn’t stopped me from repurchasing it. It rinses well, too.

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 months ago

This has quickly become the only product (besides micellar water on lazy nights) that I use to cleanse my face and remove makeup at night. I stopped using foaming cleansers a few years ago, and my skin is so happy about that. The Tatcha is so gentle, and removes all traces of makeup, while not leaving my combo skin feeling stripped. I rarely wear full coverage base products, and on the rare occasion that I do, I might follow up with the Tatcha Pure Cleansing Camelia Bar. I have already repurchased 2x, and plan to keep doing so.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

a year ago

This is a gentle cleansing oil that rinses off. It's expensive so three lippies because my sensitive skin can't really tell if it's better than my HG DCH Deep Cleansing Oil. If you look at the ingredient list, its natural oil is mostly rice bran oil ( a very good oil that has a lot of tocopherols, vitamin e anti-aging oil) and camellia oil which the Japanese use for hair and skin care (I think it's the oil traditionally used in Japan and China when brushing out washed hair to condition it.) The oil comes in a pump and one pump is usually enough to take off my makeup. It rinses well. Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Algae Extract, Aqua/Water/Eau, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol *Hadasei-3 If you look at the ingredients, it's not that different than DHC in terms of a few natural oils mixed with preservatives and emulsifying agents to allow it to rinse. DHC's oil has olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, sorbeth-30 tetraoleate, pentylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, stearyl glycyrrhetinate, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil Olive oil is their "schtick" and there is rosemary leaf oil. Both have antioxidant properties and healing properties. It also has fewer ingredients and is half the price and goes on sale for even less. It doesn't rinse quite as easily as the Tatcha, in my experience but if you are doing "double cleansing" with pure DHC mild soap or any washing powder, it doesn't matter that much. Both oils are basically a good vegetable-sourced oil with emulsifier. Summary; luxurious and effective, but you can save and get a similarly effective product for less. Since you use this at least once a day for makeup removal and good face cleansing, it's a staple. I won't rebuy, just use DHC. Most of their products suit me except their Q10 line which breaks me out. Tatcha is gentler on me, but then there's the price....

About reviewer (241 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

I haven’t liked a lot of tatcha products but this is a holy grail for me yes it’s pricy but for my dry skin is amazing I use it as a double cleanse at night to take off makeup and in the morning Alone just to cleanse the skin without oberdrying l love this and I dislike most tatcha products i still don’t see they hype in the dewy mist

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesHazel

a year ago

I love everything Tatcha makes, and this product is no exception. At 40, I've learned to accept that my skin is DRY from this day forward. But with the right products, my skin doesn't have to feel tight, scaly, and horrid. This cleanser is so gentle, but through. 1 pump removes all my makeup (admitted, not much makeup. I use Kosas oil foundation, and a little bit of concealer). My skin feels clean, but not stripped.

About reviewer (20 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairGrey, Wavy, Coarse

EyesBrown

2.0

a year ago

I really wanted to love this...the line is so luxurious \ It is a super light oil that spreads well, and has a very very subtle smell (I hate when I feel like im slathering a perfume factory on my face) For me though, it didn't rinse clean and didn't remove all makeup in one step (face makeup only..I use a sep. eye makeup remover) After a few days, I had some new/unusual spots pop up

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Other, Other

1.0
from

a year ago

I used this for awhile, and it was working well, but then when I replenished I noticed that it made my face feel very dry, stripped and red. I didn't understand what was going on as I'd been using this product for 1 year and a half. I stopped using it and began using Fresh Seaberry cleansing oil , and my face calmed down. I think they changed the formulation because when I was using it before my skin didn't feel tight or get red. Now when I use it my skin feels so dry after. I went back to it after the Seaberry because the Seaberry can be kinda heavy. I had thrown out the old one and bought a new one- I did think two times- but to no avail. This is definitely not gentle. My skin is good, overall I get facials regularly, but is a bit sensitive (Normal to dry, some congestion here and there, no cystic acne, some redness), this was horrible for me. I was told that when skincare companies do change formulations or even change the percentages of what's inside they don't need to specify it. I did notice it has alcohol, but it always had alcohol. Perhaps they upped the alcohol amount. All I know is that Im def not going back to this again. I thought I was crazy because this is marketed as gentle so I thought it was just me, but upon reading other reviews I see others say that too. Overpriced for what it does, although I love high end skincare, and will buy it if its good. This is def not good anymore

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesHazel

1.0

a year ago

I have never experienced a cleansing oil that stripped my face of moisture, and left it feeling like tissue paper until this. Despite that, I used this product for over a month before figuring out what the hell was wrong here. It was a Sephora salesperson who identified this as the culprit, and told me she had had other complaints. I stopped using it immediately, and things began to slowly improve, but I have had to see a dermatologist and have prescription steroid cream to heal my skin. Never again will I buy a Tatcha product, and have tried several, i.e the water cream, and a serum. none of them were outstanding but they did no harm. This stuff did harm. My skin is not sensitive, and I have used tretinoin 0.1% for 7 years. Its ironic that this was the product that gave me the problem.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium