Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

4.1

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, this cleanser is aaaamazing.

Purchased at Sephora, I use this as my step 1 in my 10 step K skincare routine. It takes everything off smoothly and leaves my skin feeling so hydrating. Not to mention the smell is also DELICIOUS! The packaging is stunning! Only problem is the hefty pricetag, however I can overlook that for how long it lasts, and the fantastic, radiant, look and feeling it gives your skin.

on 11/15/2016 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I ordered a sample of this when I was placing my VIBR order during this last Sephora sale. So far I'm pretty impressed. The directions say to apply to a dry face with dry hands, then use water to emulsify, then rinse. It's easy to use and breaks down my make up completely. It takes off my lipstick and eye makeup easily and rinses clean. You get multiple uses out of the sample and I'm strongly considering buying the full size before I run out. I'm a fan.

on 11/15/2016 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Comparing this to previous cleansing oils I’ve used, I prefer Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil over all of them. No bleary eyes and it’s exceptionally cleansing and moisturizing.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very good cleansing oil to use as the first of two steps cleansing method. For the price though, there are many more comparable oil cleansers out there and the price point is much lower. I will say that this smells wonderful. For those complaining that it's not moisturizing enough or when water hits out, it falls apart or you have to go in with a second cleanser, . etc. This is working as intended. These types of oils are not meant as the first and only step in a skincare regimen. They are meant to be used as the first part of a two step cleansing with usually a foaming cleanser following this and are not meant for hydration purposes.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received a sample of this cleansing oil and I bought a holiday set because I liked it so much! You are supposed to apply it to a dry face with dry hands however I find that adding a few drops of water really helps to get the product to spread out easier for a more gentle wash. It is a lovely oil and I find that it really is one step - when I tested it out with a makeup wipe after it removed just a tiny bit of make up but almost all of my eye make up (black liquid liner and mascara) was already removed. Very impressive!

My only complaint is that it's super expensive and that it does sting my eyes slightly.

on 9/17/2016 8:43:00 AM

I was looking for something new to try, around the twelve dollar mark do I could get my sephora free shipping :). I grabbed the small bottle of this with the golden cap. I had been an oil cleansing method devotee for years, using just jojoba. Thought I would treat myself to this. I love the bottle. With limited bathroom cabinet space, I appreciate elegant packaging. The fragrance isn't overwhelming, it smells herbal yet feminine and decadent. However, I did experience a little burning when I used this to remove my eyeliner, so I use something else for that. I feel like this rinses clean (easier to get off that just plain oil) and does a stellar job of removing makeup. I was getting it as a one time treat, and figured I would repurpose the beautiful empty bottle for my jojoba. But - clear skin, soft skin and no bumps?? I'll be replacing this when it runs out.

on 8/24/2016 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down this is great cleansing oil. I have been a long time user of DHC deep cleansing oil (20 years) and never thought I'd find anything better. Along came Tatcha, and this cleansing oil. Love everything about it except the price.

I always double cleanse at night. My oil cleanser to clean my makeup then follow with my purity and clarisonic brush. This oil breaks down my makeup, lipstick and mascara easily. No harsh scrubbing. Skin is left smooth and very soft.

on 7/11/2016 2:04:00 AM

I have aging combination skin. I'm very fair. I wanted a gentle cleanser to help take off my makeup before I go in with a deeper cleanser. This is a nice cleansing oil. It didn't strip my skin at all. I didn't break out. I always use coconut oil to take off my eye makeup so I don't know if this would dissolve all mascara. The biggest problem I have is that it's expensive. You can use other products that cost half the price and deliver. I paid $48 for this cleanser and I like my Nude clarifying oil cleanser better and it was $25.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I recently purchased a trial size of the cleansing oil before I decided on whether or not i wanted to purchase the regular sized product. This product is not meant to completely clean one's face, but rather be used to losen up makeup buildup prior to washing the face. The cleansing oil, i feel, gets a bad rap because of its intended use, however I find it to be a great start to my cleansing routine (especially prior to using the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder). It does what is promised, especially with waterproof mascara and eye makeup. With combined use, I find that my face becomes squeaky clean and toner and other face product applications are quickly absorbed into my face. Other products, such as coconut oil, i find do just the job as well, therefore i'm not going to be completely upset once i completely run out of this product. If price is an issue, I would go for something less expensive.

on 4/11/2016 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This would be a great cleanser for oily skin, but it wasn't emollient enough for my dry, dehydrated skin. I also found that it's impossible to use in the shower, as its emulsifying properties are *too* good - one drop of water and you'll find yourself reapplying over and over again to get all your makeup massaged away.

Definitely not a bad cleansing oil, just not for me. I took a lippie off because it's clearly marketed for all skin types in the description at Sephora. Did not irritate, but I get the same suboptimal results from cheaper oils -- too squeaky-clean, not enough emollient plumping action. If you have oily and sensitive skin it might be worth a shot, but there are tons of good cleansing oils if your skin isn't super-dry so you may want to shop around first before dropping $50 on a full-size bottle. What's weird is that for all its apparent cleaning/stripping power, I didn't think it was all that great at removing makeup on its own and I generally had to double-cleanse.

Great smell, though. If it weren't so expensive it would be great as a body wash, haha.