Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

on 7/11/2016 2:04:00 AM

I have aging combination skin. I'm very fair. I wanted a gentle cleanser to help take off my makeup before I go in with a deeper cleanser. This is a nice cleansing oil. It didn't strip my skin at all. I didn't break out. I always use coconut oil to take off my eye makeup so I don't know if this would dissolve all mascara. The biggest problem I have is that it's expensive. You can use other products that cost half the price and deliver. I paid $48 for this cleanser and I like my Nude clarifying oil cleanser better and it was $25.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I recently purchased a trial size of the cleansing oil before I decided on whether or not i wanted to purchase the regular sized product. This product is not meant to completely clean one's face, but rather be used to losen up makeup buildup prior to washing the face. The cleansing oil, i feel, gets a bad rap because of its intended use, however I find it to be a great start to my cleansing routine (especially prior to using the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder). It does what is promised, especially with waterproof mascara and eye makeup. With combined use, I find that my face becomes squeaky clean and toner and other face product applications are quickly absorbed into my face. Other products, such as coconut oil, i find do just the job as well, therefore i'm not going to be completely upset once i completely run out of this product. If price is an issue, I would go for something less expensive.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/11/2016 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This would be a great cleanser for oily skin, but it wasn't emollient enough for my dry, dehydrated skin. I also found that it's impossible to use in the shower, as its emulsifying properties are *too* good - one drop of water and you'll find yourself reapplying over and over again to get all your makeup massaged away.

Definitely not a bad cleansing oil, just not for me. I took a lippie off because it's clearly marketed for all skin types in the description at Sephora. Did not irritate, but I get the same suboptimal results from cheaper oils -- too squeaky-clean, not enough emollient plumping action. If you have oily and sensitive skin it might be worth a shot, but there are tons of good cleansing oils if your skin isn't super-dry so you may want to shop around first before dropping $50 on a full-size bottle. What's weird is that for all its apparent cleaning/stripping power, I didn't think it was all that great at removing makeup on its own and I generally had to double-cleanse.

Great smell, though. If it weren't so expensive it would be great as a body wash, haha.

Cleansers -Tatcha - Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil I was unsure of using an oil to clean my oily combo skin, but I tried it anyway. I absolutely love this product! It's a thick like oil that you rub on a dry face with dry hands, I used a quarter size or smaller to do my entire face. It smells lovely and rinses off nice. It has drastically helped the texture of my skin, it has made it so soft and helped clear my skin up. I use this and the rice polish. I love that I have found an amazing skin care routine, I will definitely always buy from Tatcha.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received a sample of this basic cleansing oil. Nothing remarkable about it; nothing amazing or terrible.

on 12/2/2015 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The Camellia Cleansing Oil is the second cleansing oil I've ever used (The first being the Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser) and I absolutely love it. It takes off whatever makeup I have on. On a day to day basis, I typically don't wear much makeup, but when I have a big event, this oil takes care of all of it!

I've been using this cleanser not by itself but as a part of a double-cleansing routine (at night, anyway). First, I use the Tatcha oil to remove my makeup, then I rinse and use the Kate Somerville Detox Daily Cleanser to deep clean. If my skin is feeling particularly gross, I will use the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder. In the morning, I just use the Tatcha Camellia Cleansing Oil.

I really like this oil. It's very silky and feels nice on the skin. It isn't heavily fragranced, which is nice. I would definitely buy this again.

on 11/11/2015 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bought the travel size to try it out, and I'm glad I don't have any more to use. I don't find it cleans well, nor does it rinse cleanly - I feel like I have a film left on my face, and going over my skin with toner on a cotton pad reveals a lot of makeup it left behind. I don't wear waterproof or long wearing anything, so it should take it all off, but it simply doesn't. When this is gone, I doubt I stray from my beloved DHC cleansing oil again.

on 11/1/2015 12:27:00 PM

i loved using this cleansing oil since it's not heavily fragranced and felt so light when i used it on my skin. i read one review where they mentioned that this was the only cleansing oil that completely removed their makeup and i would unfortunately disagree. i still had to double cleanse to make sure i had no remnants of makeup on my skin. i was previously using Boscia's cleansing oil and in comparison to Boscia's, Tatcha's oil felt more luxurious but performance-wise, i deemed them quite the same. If i feel like splurging again, i might get Tatcha's but the rational me would think that Boscia's cheaper oil would work just fine.

on 10/28/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. It removes makeup well but my skin broke out horribly and it clogged my pores. I liked it but would probably not re-purchase

on 7/18/2015 1:35:00 AM

I absolutely LOVE this Cleansing Oil (sigh). I tried this 2 years ago and this is the BEST Cleansing Oil I have ever used (I'm 49, VERY dry skin, using cleansing oils for the past 10 years). The oil performs beautifully and the SCENT (natural) is SWOON worthy (for me anyway).

PERFORMANCE: I usually use DHC Cleansing Oil (my classic) but when I need a treat (Treat Yo' Self!), Tatcha just does it for me. Yes, it's pricey but I only need 1/3 to 1/2 of this (compared to other brands). Remember to SHAKE before using. I massage the oil onto my DRY face for 30 seconds and add water, product turns milky and rinses away clean. I sometimes leave the oil on for 10 - 15 minutes and massage - this helps me deep clean. Texture is luxurious, cleans beautifully yet leaves my very dry skin supple/moist with NO film/residue.

PACKAGING: Beautiful sturdy functional bottle (with lock and cap) that upgrades any basin/bathroom :-).

Ingredients:Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/eicosadioate, Water, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Natural), Phenoxyethanol.

Formulated without:
Mineral Oil, Synthetic Colors, Synthetic Fragrances, Sulfate Detergents, Parabens, PEGs, PPGs, Urea, DEA, TEA or Phthalates.

Other Oil Cleansers I have TRIED:
- DHC, $28 for 6.7 oz, wonderful, classic for me (my 1st cleansing oil), this was on par with Bosica but DHC nourishes my skin more
- Boscia Cleansing Oil - $28 for 5 oz, The fragrance is lovely, texture is less heavy than DHC's (formula has emulsifiers first THEN oils) - excellent oil cleanser but I reach for the DHC (as it seems more nourishing or my skin)
- Origins Clean Energy Oil - $29 for 6.7 oz, gorgeous but with formula (oils first then emulsifiers), I sometimes need more cleansing but this one is prob. amazing for sensitive skin.
- Amore Pacific Treatment Cleansing Oil - $50 for 6.8 oz, okay left a "slightly oily/greasy film" and my skin was not as radiant or bright or as soft compared to when I use cleansing oils from Boscia or DHC.
- Sulwhasoo - $36 for 6.8 oz (reasonable for Sulwhasoo), okay but this does not feel as nurturing as Tatcha, DHC. Sulwhasoo's ingredient list might indicate why.
- The Face Shop Ricewater Cleansing Rich Oil, $12 for 5 oz - you get what you pay for :-( (too thick, film-y) but this is better than Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil!
- Shu Uemura's Cleansing Oil, $37 for 5 oz, only positive is the nice bottle. Horrible fact: main ingredient is mineral oil (ugh) while DHC's is olive oil. Shu's oil left a disgusting film on my face which left me feeling unclean (culprit - mineral oil).

Tatcha customer service (from Tatcha website) is TOP level (kind, patient, really understanding). I called them 3x over past few years and EACH time - they are so GREAT; smart, kind, REAL, welcoming, they seem to be genuinely curious about your product experience whether it's good or bad, they don't rush you off the phone - I don't know any other customer service that matches their level. Tatcha is pricey but they deliver a great experience in many ways and I'm more than happy to support whatever way I can to a GREAT company that delivers great products.

I am 49 yrs old with dry skin since my mid 40s (but had combo/oily skin before). People who work in skincare (dermatologists, plastic surgeon nurses, aestheticians, sales associates at Bergdorf, Barneys, Saks) think I'm 28-34 so I try to take care of my skin.