Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

Tatcha One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil
One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil

4.1

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Water, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Algae Extract, Alcohol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Fragrance (Natural)

on 9/14/2017 10:18:00 PM

This is one of the most extra items I have ever gotten, but it does wonders for the skin. I use the double-cleansing method, so after I wipe off my makeup with a cleansing wipe and eye makeup remover, I use this oil. The scent is light and pleasant, so it doesn't bother me. I wouldn't touch it if you hate scents! I massage it into my skin and let it emulsify. It gets rid of all of that gunk and makeup like you wouldn't believe and is a pleasure to use. This oil isn't heavy and gets the job done and has kept my skin looking hydrated, glowing, and healthy. Sadly, I can't seem to justify the price. $48 for 5.1 oz is just a ridiculous amount of money. Tatcha is a wonderful brand, but when you have other products that work just as well...it just isn't practical to spend that much on an oil that you will wash away. I've tried the Banila cleasing balm, Lancome Oil, and Rec:ipe green tea oil. I have to say that the cheaper, Korean brands work just as well at a fraction of the cost. If you're into luxury products and have money to spend, then this oil will be a real treat. If you are looking for a cleaning oil in general, try the Korean brands. They offer you more bang for your buck.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After loving Tatcha's Luminous Deep Hydration Lifting Mask, I checked out their One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil. In comparison to the other cleansing oils that I've tried, this one wasn't too heavily fragranced and didn't leave a greasy film on my skin. I really love starting my day with it.

When I wake up in the morning, I begin with Tatcha's polished gentle rice enzyme powder followed by their cleansing oil. Tatcha recommends using the cleansing oil first but sometimes my skin gets really dry because of the Retin-A that I use the night before. Sometimes I will even put in a drop or two of Tatcha's Gold Camellia Beauty oil in with the cleanser. This doesn't break me out with cysts or cause blackheads. My skin is left feeling soft and hydrated (which is really important given the other acne/anti-aging products that I use).

In the evening, I use Banila's Clean It Zero cleanser followed by Neogen's Green Tea Real Fresh Foam cleanser. I find that this combo works better in removing makeup and sunscreen.

Cleansing oils that I've tried:

- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

on 7/17/2017 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I felt like this product didn't do much. It definitely didn't take off my waterproof mascara. I typically don't remove my make-up with an oil cleanser anyway, but I gave it a try since it came in the starter kit. For the price, it's totally NOT worth it.

on 5/16/2017 12:31:00 AM

I never thought I'd spend $48 on a cleanser...but I did and it's the best. I got a sample in a beauty box and was instantly hooked. I have very dry, sensitive skin and this oil has changed my skin. It's sooooo hydrating and takes off all my makeup. I usually hate washing my face at night but I look forward to it now because my skin is so soft after. Totally worth the expense.

on 5/16/2017 1:19:00 AM

Absolutely the best cleansing oil out there. It makes my skin soft, clear and never oily or dry. It smells lovely and cleans without stripping. Definitely a keeper.

I got a sample of this in a PLAY! box.
It really works and removes my makeup and smells good but, it broke me out badly after finally getting my pregnancy acne under control.
Tossing this! If you're prone to break outs, I cannot recommend!

on 4/12/2017 3:42:00 PM

Skin type: Combination Oily, some fine lines and enlarged pores

Been using multiple Tatcha products, including the One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil, for years now. It is the ONLY product that has ever gotten me to consistently take off my makeup at night before I go to bed due to the fact that it's so easy and luxurious to use. Normally I would never spend this kind of money on a facial cleanser, but I was given it as a discard from my mom (along with those other products I mentioned) and hooked from the very beginning.

The cleaner is so simple and fast to use, and it takes off everything. Admittedly, I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner and do keep on hand an inexpensive eye makeup remover when I need to supplement, but that's all I need above and beyond the oil.

I use this at night and use the Classic Rice Enzyme Powder in the morning. I don't use them back-to-back as the company suggests. Yes, this is to extend the product life, but also I've found that that's not necessary, at least not for me, at this stage in my life. After both I moisturize and that's it before going to bed at night or starting my makeup routine in the a.m.!

Last but not least, all of Tatcha's packaging is to die for. I keep the little boxes to hold other products/things and I know other people repurpose them too.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I enjoy this product when I take off all of my makeup. My only complaint is that sometimes if the oil gets in my eyes, it can sting a little bit. But otherwise it really gets all of the makeup that I had on throughout the day off. I enjoy that there are few ingredients in this product so it makes me feel good putting it on my skin. Do I think it's worth the price? I don't know. Probably a great drugstore oil out there that does the exact same thing.

on 3/26/2017 10:31:00 PM

What can I sayyyyy this product is AMAZING. I wear a full face every day and need this at the end of my 15 hour work day to clean all the crap off my face before I wash with my sodium sulfacetamide face wash. I used Clinique take the day off (sold balm in jar) which was okay but I got grossed out with constantly dipping my hands in the jar and seeing makeup residue inside the next usage. I saw this on Andreaschoice skincare video and checked it out. Yes it is expensive but one bottle lasts me 2 months. You just have to be sparing with it and it's so easy to use more then needed with a single use because it's so luxurious. I have not had a SINGLE BREAKOUT since using this product and this is my 6th bottle I've purchased. It is so luxurious and amazing to use it's like a spa treat at the end of the night. The packing is so luxe I hate throwing it away 😭😞 with printed out instructions on rice paper it's amazing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Wow, this cleanser is aaaamazing.

Purchased at Sephora, I use this as my step 1 in my 10 step K skincare routine. It takes everything off smoothly and leaves my skin feeling so hydrating. Not to mention the smell is also DELICIOUS! The packaging is stunning! Only problem is the hefty pricetag, however I can overlook that for how long it lasts, and the fantastic, radiant, look and feeling it gives your skin.