Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

4.1

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

To me, this is comparable to Lancome & Dior only at a fraction of the price. It does dry out rather quickly, but again for the value and the big lash look (NOT spider legs), it's hard to beat!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I usually like mascaras with this type of brush but man oh man this was clump city for me. The formula is quite wet and too hard to work with. There was too much on the brush every time, so it was hard to get that nice lash separation that these brushes offer. I tried using this by blotting in a tissue first, but a mascara should not require this much effort to use. Won't be buying this one again!

[edit] Reducing my rating to 4 stars: as the weather has warmed up and become more humid, I've experienced quite a bit of transfer with this, and I've had to use a cotton bud to wipe it away from under my eyes (and possibly reapply concealer, which is a pain). I should add that I use an oil-containing concealer (The Balm Time Balm), which makes transfer more likely, I imagine. Such a shame, because this is an otherwise excellent mascara. I might consider using it again once the weather has cooled down, as, for the price, it's quite something.
________________________

Since my trusty Astor Butterfly mascara became unavailable locally, I've been looking for something new. I've tried and thrown in the bin *four* different mascaras and I'm so glad to have finally found this one.

One coat of this gives me beautiful, long, thick and clump-free lashes. I either leave it like that for a dramatic effect or comb through once for a more natural effect. Either way, it looks great.

This brush is very large but it works well for me, as do the short bristles.

I've experienced next-to-no transfer with this. I do get a few flakes under my eyes, but they're easy to brush away, and I seem to be very much prone to panda eyes, so I'm totally happy with that.

The cherry on top is that it removes easily with water and my regular face wash. Oh and of course the price is great!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love the volume & length I get from this mascara. It's a bit on the dryer side (which I prefer), doesn't smudge or flake on me & gives my lashes that "fake lash" look. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmmm... I wanted so badly for this to be a HG for me like it is for so many others. I find that the brush picks up way, way to much product and when you coat your lashes it can be clumpy on the first coat. Two coats and my lashes are spidery and clumpy as all hell. I also didn't find it particularly volumising, but I do like how black and long it makes my lashes. So disappointed by how clumpy and flaky it is :-( Back to the drawing board.

100% dupe for too faced better than sex mascara, although too faced packaging is much prettier I'd still opt for this one because of the price

A great mascara only need one stroke to get thicker longer lashes and there's alot of product in the bottle. Don't waste your money expensive mascara's I got a stila mascara that cost 4× more than the essence mascara and the essence one is way better

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is among the highest rated drugstore mascaras so I gave it a chance. It has a weird brush that is large without really noticeable bristles - but it really enhances the lashes. It just doesn't apply easily to lower lashes. But the top lashes have extreme length and volume. I am happy with it so far and will update.

The one truly bad thing about this company is that they don't seal the tube. There is no way of knowing if it's been opened and contaminated. For this reason, I have to give it only 3 lippies, and one lippie for packaging.

Update: I am upping the rating to 4 lippies because after alternating several different brands, I noticed that this one achieves huge length and volume with only one coat. Two coats is almost false lash territory - it created extreme length. Also despite the huge brush it does work on the lower lashes if you continue to brush it on longer. This is a keeper.

Update Feb 24/16: for anyone who is following my search for non-allergenic makeup, this one is not causing an itch or rash to come back. So far this is the only one. Sad to say, it's not as good as the others. After a few uses it has dried out and the lashes just look average. But it remains in my good books unless and until it irritates my eyelids. At least I can wear makeup. It's not that much fun going around with no makeup while the eyelids heal from the latest experiment. I am so grateful they do not use whatever harsh additives are in all the others.

I am not saying it's a bad mascara. It's a wonderful bargain at about $5 even if it dries out faster than a more expensive brand. It does flake after about ten hours of wear. It's just not luxurious and perfect - but right now it's more important that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

I looked up the ingredients on the Essence website and have added them to this page. I notice the absence of dimethicone, simethicone and silica, which most mascaras have. I suspect I react to one of these ingredients.

Update Apr 29/16: I still like this and use it sometimes along with my Lancomes and others that I love. It is always surprising that it gives me lush eyelashes when it costs $3.

Update June 16/17: I am over the cheaper mascaras forever. It costs $3 and it lasts 3 weeks. It's not a bargain.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

BEST MASCARA EVER! Seriously - and not just for the price! How many brands claim to give that false lash effect? This is the only mascara that delivers! I can't count the number of people who have asked if my eyelashes were real or if I had lash extentions since I started using this product. I rarely ever write product reviews but when a product is this amazing I want to share it with the world! ** disclaimer: I do have naturally long lashes so I'm not positive that someone with short lashes would still experience the "falsies" effect in the same way, but for $5 bucks it's worth a shot!

I've been using this religiously for almost two years now. This mascara is a staple in my makeup bag and I have repurchased it many, many times. People ask me all the time if my lashes are real. I recommend this mascara to absolutely everyone, and many of my friends have started using it after I recommended it to them. Due to the plastic wand, it thickens the lashes while still seperating them -- which the original I Love Extreme doesn't do as well, despite still being an excellent mascara as well -- and adds so much length. I curl my lashes and apply this afterwards, and it holds the curl all day. It's jet black without a hint of gray. On me, this mascara doesn't smudge, but no mascara ever has, so maybe it will smudge on others as it isn't waterproof. (However, essence did just come out with a waterproof version of the original I Love Extreme which I can't wait to try!) It has never irritated my eyes. It will clump a little, but in a nice, thickening way. The texture is great: thick and a little dry (once you've used it a few times), which is also the reason why it does such a great job at tickening your lashes and adding volume instead of just glueing them together, like most very wet mascaras do. However, you will have to use it a few times because -- like most mascaras -- it's still very wet when it's new, but it'll only take a few days to dry down to its normal creamy texture. The packaging definitely isn't luxurious, but fun and bright (but I might be biased as pink is my favorite color!). And at that price point? SOLD. Sold until the day they discontinue it. Which I hope never comes around.

Will I repurchase? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes. Do I love it? YES! I URGE you to check it out! At that price point, you can't go wrong -- and I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Since I don't know how to add pictures, you can check out my Instagram account (@mkpbyotchh). I have a shot up in which I'm wearing it (please excuse the terrible quality, I took it with my old phone). I have to add that I really caked it on for that photo so if you think it looks too clumpy, you can get a much more natural and less clumpy look if you just use less! Now try it out and enjoy! (closeup of me wearing it: https://instagram.com/p/wy5ysVP25k/?taken-by=mkpbyotchh )