Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Filtered by hair type : Straight

3.7

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

PROS:
• Volumizing

CONS:
• Not lengthening
• Doesn't curl the lashes
• Dries out too quickly
• Clumpy on the lashes

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I usually like mascaras with this type of brush but man oh man this was clump city for me. The formula is quite wet and too hard to work with. There was too much on the brush every time, so it was hard to get that nice lash separation that these brushes offer. I tried using this by blotting in a tissue first, but a mascara should not require this much effort to use. Won't be buying this one again!

While browsing through other reviews, i had the feeling that they are reviewing something else other than this mascara, simply because it's terrible and so overhyped.
It's too thin and smudges like crazy, lots of smudges on my eyelids during application and stays wet for some time, the application was hard and I didn't see any amazing effect, will never ever purchase again.

It's an average product- I mean, for the price, it's a good mascara, but I won't repurchase. Why? Because, just like all Essence mascaras I've tried: it smudges terribly, after less than an hour. Raccoon eyes effect guaranteed. It gives you decent length and curl, though this effect isn't long lasting. I've already found my HG mascara- Maybelline Lash Sensational, and other mascaras seem lackluster in comparison. If you want to try Essence mascara, I'd recommend Lash Princess Volume (black & green tube).

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This mascara caused my eyelashes to FALL OUT!!

I initially used this for about 3 weeks to a month ,and during that time I noticed eyelash fall out!

For some reason I didn't make the connection and continued to use it until I saw a post about this mascara on instagram and a lot of the people commented on that post saying they had experienced eyelash fall out too.

It was an 'OMG' moment for me because like I said, I never suspected the mascara to be the culprit.
So to make sure, I stopped using it and started using another mascara and low and behold the fall out stopped!!

Granted, I do like the way this mascara gives me that false lash effect but it's not worth it in the end.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My all time favorite for everyday mascara to create full and extreme volume lashes. Keep buying this and currently on my 6th tube already. I love the formula, the wand and the application is extremely easy. True to it's name, it instantly create full body and extreme volume, separate and define my lashes without any clumps or whatsoever. Application is like a dream. The only down side is it tend to flake into micro particle and fall under my eyes, but with the fraction of price I guess it's not a huge issue for me; I can always swipe with facial tissue.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I didn't it get at first and I thought "wow, this should be called Clump Craze!", but as I managed to use the brush with such a thick mascara this is the one I reach for over and over! Won't irritate the eyes nor flake. It lasts a long time on but won't hold if accidentally rub the eyes like, say, Maybelline mascaras do. I have medium length, averaged up curled lashes. Anyways, specially for the price it's a huge hit. Go for it if you're looking for volume boost.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara because it was cheap and made my lashes look SUPER black. However, I found that it smudged and made my lashes immediately droop. The formula's very thick, which I'm fine with since it made my lashes look so freaking good. It would be my HG if it held a curl and was waterproof/smudgeproof. :(

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The volume this mascara imparts is impressive, given it costs less than $6 in Australia.

The wand has very stubby, sparse bristles, allowing it to deposit a lot of product at the roots, and coat every lash, sweeping to a lovely, plush curve.

The pigmentation is a sexy, ultra black.

I took one lippy off the rating because the formula is very thick and it takes some time to master the application without getting it on eyelids, and it can be accidentally applied too heavily.

I was patient, and now I love it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is among the highest rated drugstore mascaras so I gave it a chance. It has a weird brush that is large without really noticeable bristles - but it really enhances the lashes. It just doesn't apply easily to lower lashes. But the top lashes have extreme length and volume. I am happy with it so far and will update.

The one truly bad thing about this company is that they don't seal the tube. There is no way of knowing if it's been opened and contaminated. For this reason, I have to give it only 3 lippies, and one lippie for packaging.

Update: I am upping the rating to 4 lippies because after alternating several different brands, I noticed that this one achieves huge length and volume with only one coat. Two coats is almost false lash territory - it created extreme length. Also despite the huge brush it does work on the lower lashes if you continue to brush it on longer. This is a keeper.

Update Feb 24/16: for anyone who is following my search for non-allergenic makeup, this one is not causing an itch or rash to come back. So far this is the only one. Sad to say, it's not as good as the others. After a few uses it has dried out and the lashes just look average. But it remains in my good books unless and until it irritates my eyelids. At least I can wear makeup. It's not that much fun going around with no makeup while the eyelids heal from the latest experiment. I am so grateful they do not use whatever harsh additives are in all the others.

I am not saying it's a bad mascara. It's a wonderful bargain at about $5 even if it dries out faster than a more expensive brand. It does flake after about ten hours of wear. It's just not luxurious and perfect - but right now it's more important that it doesn't irritate my eyes.

I looked up the ingredients on the Essence website and have added them to this page. I notice the absence of dimethicone, simethicone and silica, which most mascaras have. I suspect I react to one of these ingredients.

Update Apr 29/16: I still like this and use it sometimes along with my Lancomes and others that I love. It is always surprising that it gives me lush eyelashes when it costs $3.

Update June 16/17: I am over the cheaper mascaras forever. It costs $3 and it lasts 3 weeks. It's not a bargain.