Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

3.9

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The brush is what I think makes this item so great. It grabs every single lash and fans them out in a very pretty way. It also volumizes like crazy. I always regret straying away from this mascara. Lesson learned!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Took a chance on this mascara and I'm pleasantly surprised.
The pros: it's very black, volumizes and lengthens, really holds the curl and definitely does not weigh lashes down (as good as Benefit Roller Lash), looks as good at end of day as when first applied (a lot of mascaras tend to disappear or flake throughout the day and this does not)
The cons: brush is larger than I'd prefer, can be clumpy and may be too wet for some (but this improves with use)
Overall, happy with this very inexpensive mascara!

It's an average product- I mean, for the price, it's a good mascara, but I won't repurchase. Why? Because, just like all Essence mascaras I've tried: it smudges terribly, after less than an hour. Raccoon eyes effect guaranteed. It gives you decent length and curl, though this effect isn't long lasting. I've already found my HG mascara- Maybelline Lash Sensational, and other mascaras seem lackluster in comparison. If you want to try Essence mascara, I'd recommend Lash Princess Volume (black & green tube).

I've purchased this mascara over and over when I can't afford my favourite no7 mascara and it works great for me, it allows for a couple of coats without clumping and gives my lashes volume and length, the packaging is a bright girly pink and I really like the wand it comes with, the only issue I have with this mascara is that if I use it on a day where I'm going to be out an about all day morning until night and it's a warm day I get abit of flaking under my eyes

it is a nice mascara, it is volumizing and a little lengthening, not clumpy. however it doesnt hold a curl and weighs your lashes down. read some reviews that say they experienced lashes falling out which i personally dont remember having. so maybe you have to see for yourself abt the lashes falling out. overall for me it is a good drugstore option.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This mascara caused my eyelashes to FALL OUT!!

I initially used this for about 3 weeks to a month ,and during that time I noticed eyelash fall out!

For some reason I didn't make the connection and continued to use it until I saw a post about this mascara on instagram and a lot of the people commented on that post saying they had experienced eyelash fall out too.

It was an 'OMG' moment for me because like I said, I never suspected the mascara to be the culprit.
So to make sure, I stopped using it and started using another mascara and low and behold the fall out stopped!!

Granted, I do like the way this mascara gives me that false lash effect but it's not worth it in the end.

The formula was too thin and wet plus the brush was uncomfortable. It wasn't sealed so I was also concerned about its hygienic safety.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When you first purchase, it is very wet. To combat this, I use a more dry mascara as a sort of base before using this. I only need to do this for the first two or so weeks. This mascara is lengthening and volumizing. Cruelty free, inexpensive, doesn't smudge, and lasts all day. The only drawback is the fussy first few uses.

[edit] Reducing my rating to 4 stars: as the weather has warmed up and become more humid, I've experienced quite a bit of transfer with this, and I've had to use a cotton bud to wipe it away from under my eyes (and possibly reapply concealer, which is a pain). I should add that I use an oil-containing concealer (The Balm Time Balm), which makes transfer more likely, I imagine. Such a shame, because this is an otherwise excellent mascara. I might consider using it again once the weather has cooled down, as, for the price, it's quite something.
________________________

Since my trusty Astor Butterfly mascara became unavailable locally, I've been looking for something new. I've tried and thrown in the bin *four* different mascaras and I'm so glad to have finally found this one.

One coat of this gives me beautiful, long, thick and clump-free lashes. I either leave it like that for a dramatic effect or comb through once for a more natural effect. Either way, it looks great.

This brush is very large but it works well for me, as do the short bristles.

I've experienced next-to-no transfer with this. I do get a few flakes under my eyes, but they're easy to brush away, and I seem to be very much prone to panda eyes, so I'm totally happy with that.

The cherry on top is that it removes easily with water and my regular face wash. Oh and of course the price is great!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't like the brush on this mascara. It is very sharp and will cut your eyes if you are not careful. It separates the lashes and makes them look longer but there is no volume. A second coat separates them even more, making my lashes look even thinner.