Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

3.9

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

The formula was too thin and wet plus the brush was uncomfortable. It wasn't sealed so I was also concerned about its hygienic safety.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

When you first purchase, it is very wet. To combat this, I use a more dry mascara as a sort of base before using this. I only need to do this for the first two or so weeks. This mascara is lengthening and volumizing. Cruelty free, inexpensive, doesn't smudge, and lasts all day. The only drawback is the fussy first few uses.

At last, an outstanding mascara!

Since my trusty Astor Butterfly mascara became unavailable locally, I've been looking for something new. I've tried and thrown in the bin *four* different mascaras and I'm so glad to have finally found this one.

One coat of this gives me beautiful, long, thick and clump-free lashes. I either leave it like that for a dramatic effect or comb through once for a more natural effect. Either way, it looks great.

This brush is very large but it works well for me, as do the short bristles.

I've experienced next-to-no transfer with this. I do get a few flakes under my eyes, but they're easy to brush away, and I seem to be very much prone to panda eyes, so I'm totally happy with that.

The cherry on top is that it removes easily with water and my regular face wash. Oh and of course the price is great!

Bravo, Essence!

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I don't like the brush on this mascara. It is very sharp and will cut your eyes if you are not careful. It separates the lashes and makes them look longer but there is no volume. A second coat separates them even more, making my lashes look even thinner.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the brush but unfortunately that was it. This was so clumpy and difficult to work with would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you have straight, Asian lashes, this mascara will not hold a curl. Your eyelashes will droop down:(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My all time favorite for everyday mascara to create full and extreme volume lashes. Keep buying this and currently on my 6th tube already. I love the formula, the wand and the application is extremely easy. True to it's name, it instantly create full body and extreme volume, separate and define my lashes without any clumps or whatsoever. Application is like a dream. The only down side is it tend to flake into micro particle and fall under my eyes, but with the fraction of price I guess it's not a huge issue for me; I can always swipe with facial tissue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love the volume & length I get from this mascara. It's a bit on the dryer side (which I prefer), doesn't smudge or flake on me & gives my lashes that "fake lash" look. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this mascara on and off for a couple years, and let me just say that putting on this product makes my eyelashes look the best that they have ever been- INITIALLY.

I love how this coats the lashes. It gives both length and volume, is pretty buildable and with a careful hand can be completely clump free.
But what I can't stand is how much this thing smudges around your eye.

This by far has the worst smudging issue I have ever experienced from a mascara (and having very straight lashes, i've tried a lot). And it's so upsetting because in the morning my eye makeup would look amazing, and 2 hours into school I'd look like a complete raccoon.

If they fixed this problem with their formula then this would for sure be my holy grail and I'd recommend this to every person with eyelashes period. I might in the near future experiment with lash primers and try to make this work because I LOVE how this makes my lashes look, but as for now I find this completely inwearable and sadly cannot see myself telling a friend to try this out.

Did not like one bit. I bought it after reading so many good reviews of people loving it, but was disappointed by it. The wand is way too big ( and I have pretty big eyes) , the formula wasn't good in my opinion. It wasn't the worst, considering the price, but it didn't lengthen the lashes nor gave me volume. I love essence but they just have better mascaras than this one- like the princess lashes for example.

Popular Mascaras