Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

3.9

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

FLAKES EVERYWHERE!

Honestly, I love everything about this mascara except the flaking! The formula works well with my lashes, it never clumps on me and it does lengthen the hair beautifully BUT I have to keep on checking the mirror to ensure that I don't have any black dots on my under eyes. It smudges a lot too. I definitely love the brush but God! The flakes are driving me crazy. I'm frustrated of how much I wanted this product to work but I'm just so done with it (and I'm still sad about it lol).

This is one of my holy grail mascaras. I prefer formulas that are on the thicker, slightly drier side and that are volumizing. It does a great job of plumping the lashes without being too thick, doesn't flake or smudge and is very reasonably priced (under $5).

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a volumizing mascara. It's not lengthening, dries out too quickly and looks clumpy on the lashes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There are several pros and one con for me with this mascara, and unfortunately I think the con is a deal breaker.
Pros:
Great volume great length
Love the brush
Easy to build EVEN THROUGHOUT THE DAY; is able to successfully be reapplied at any time. This is rare and I love it because my lashes get eyeshadow on them as the day progresses.
The price, of course

Con:
Flakes

A lot.

I don’t normally have an issue with mascara flaking but this one is the exception. I’m going to try a coat of fiberwig (or any tubing mascara) over this and see how that goes. Unfortunately that will compromise its ability to be reapplied, but I’ll uodate the review if something great happens. Otherwise, unfortunately, this is a no-go for me.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

What a pain this was! When you pull the brush out the little "scrape-y hole" on the inside is too large and does not scrape off enough product, so there's too much goo on the brush, which results in a messy and clumpy application. I wore it a couple of times, but had to do cleanup each time. Ain't no one got time for that before work!!!

Still giving it two lippies because it wore fairly well during the day with hardly any flaking and it was OK to remove with regular cleanser. Guess I'll be going back to Essence Maximum Definition mascara. It gives somewhat less dramatic results than this, volume and length-wise, but it's fine for my more understated everyday look and application is quick and easy compared to this.

To me, this is comparable to Lancome & Dior only at a fraction of the price. It does dry out rather quickly, but again for the value and the big lash look (NOT spider legs), it's hard to beat!

This stuff is so good! And it doesn’t weigh down the lashes like the Jordans one. This mascara is super buildable. Will repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I usually like mascaras with this type of brush but man oh man this was clump city for me. The formula is quite wet and too hard to work with. There was too much on the brush every time, so it was hard to get that nice lash separation that these brushes offer. I tried using this by blotting in a tissue first, but a mascara should not require this much effort to use. Won't be buying this one again!

While browsing through other reviews, i had the feeling that they are reviewing something else other than this mascara, simply because it's terrible and so overhyped.
It's too thin and smudges like crazy, lots of smudges on my eyelids during application and stays wet for some time, the application was hard and I didn't see any amazing effect, will never ever purchase again.

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I have this in waterproof version and it is fabulous. It blows away Dior Diorshow mascara that costs 10x more (not exaggeration, it actually does). My eyelashes are voluminous, it wears well during the day and it is easy to remove with micellar water. I am really enjoying it and will repurchase again.