Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

3.9

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Like the brush but unfortunately that was it. This was so clumpy and difficult to work with would not repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you have straight, Asian lashes, this mascara will not hold a curl. Your eyelashes will droop down:(

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My all time favorite for everyday mascara to create full and extreme volume lashes. Keep buying this and currently on my 6th tube already. I love the formula, the wand and the application is extremely easy. True to it's name, it instantly create full body and extreme volume, separate and define my lashes without any clumps or whatsoever. Application is like a dream. The only down side is it tend to flake into micro particle and fall under my eyes, but with the fraction of price I guess it's not a huge issue for me; I can always swipe with facial tissue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Love the volume & length I get from this mascara. It's a bit on the dryer side (which I prefer), doesn't smudge or flake on me & gives my lashes that "fake lash" look. I will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this mascara on and off for a couple years, and let me just say that putting on this product makes my eyelashes look the best that they have ever been- INITIALLY.

I love how this coats the lashes. It gives both length and volume, is pretty buildable and with a careful hand can be completely clump free.
But what I can't stand is how much this thing smudges around your eye.

This by far has the worst smudging issue I have ever experienced from a mascara (and having very straight lashes, i've tried a lot). And it's so upsetting because in the morning my eye makeup would look amazing, and 2 hours into school I'd look like a complete raccoon.

If they fixed this problem with their formula then this would for sure be my holy grail and I'd recommend this to every person with eyelashes period. I might in the near future experiment with lash primers and try to make this work because I LOVE how this makes my lashes look, but as for now I find this completely inwearable and sadly cannot see myself telling a friend to try this out.

Did not like one bit. I bought it after reading so many good reviews of people loving it, but was disappointed by it. The wand is way too big ( and I have pretty big eyes) , the formula wasn't good in my opinion. It wasn't the worst, considering the price, but it didn't lengthen the lashes nor gave me volume. I love essence but they just have better mascaras than this one- like the princess lashes for example.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Nope.
Wand is too big I kept poking my eyes.
The product bleeds on my oily lids and looking like a panda is inevitable so I won't be repurchasing.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I am OBSESSED with this mascara. Urban Decay Perversion used to be my holy grail and this mascara reminds me of that. It's sooooo inexpensive but works amazingly. When I first bought it, I was disappointed because it didn't do much. I let it sit for a week and, now, I cna't stop using this!

10/10 would highly recommend!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

As the name implies, you do have to be partial to a more dramatic, voluminous eye "look" to really appreciate this mascara. This is not a subtle, buildable mascara that suits all preferences. For me personally, I enjoy having the mascara add volume quickly and save me time because I do like my lashes thick and almost spidery but not clumpy. After two coats this took care of that and whatever clumping did happen I was able to separate easily.
The tube is BIG, the wand is BIG, and this does the same thing to your lashes in record time. Because the applicator is so long, many lashes are coated at one time which will save you time in the morning. When applying this I thought I'd met my all time ride or die fave.
The price is of course very reasonable and you do get a lot of product. It dries fairy quickly, held the curl and didn't smudge bad at all. Unfortunately, a few hours later I did have some slight "transfer" of darkness to my undereyes which I wasn't thrilled about, but wasn't terribly noticeable. There was no flaking, however.
Because this mascara works well on so many other levels, I will be continuing to use/repurchase for my top lashes ONLY and see if this takes care of the transferring. If it doesn't, I think I will avoid rebuying this and change my rating.

Update: Sadly, I have to drop my score for this and say I won't be repurchasing because the mascara has continued to transfer to both the bottom AND top of my eyes, making my browbone and under eyes darker throughout only a couple hours of wear. So disappointing! This mascara is so thick, volumizing and easy to apply, but this is a deal-breaker.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hmmm... I wanted so badly for this to be a HG for me like it is for so many others. I find that the brush picks up way, way to much product and when you coat your lashes it can be clumpy on the first coat. Two coats and my lashes are spidery and clumpy as all hell. I also didn't find it particularly volumising, but I do like how black and long it makes my lashes. So disappointed by how clumpy and flaky it is :-( Back to the drawing board.

Popular Mascaras