Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Filtered by age: 44-55

4.4

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

There are several pros and one con for me with this mascara, and unfortunately I think the con is a deal breaker.
Pros:
Great volume great length
Love the brush
Easy to build EVEN THROUGHOUT THE DAY; is able to successfully be reapplied at any time. This is rare and I love it because my lashes get eyeshadow on them as the day progresses.
The price, of course

Con:
Flakes

A lot.

I don’t normally have an issue with mascara flaking but this one is the exception. I’m going to try a coat of fiberwig (or any tubing mascara) over this and see how that goes. Unfortunately that will compromise its ability to be reapplied, but I’ll uodate the review if something great happens. Otherwise, unfortunately, this is a no-go for me.

To me, this is comparable to Lancome & Dior only at a fraction of the price. It does dry out rather quickly, but again for the value and the big lash look (NOT spider legs), it's hard to beat!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Edit-Downgrading this. Like the effect it gives my lashes but it has started to flake. And it flakes A LOT, which is a deal breaker for me with mascara. It drives me nuts to keep checking the mirror and see black flecks on my face throughout the day. And I never touch or rub my eyes. So I'm done with this.

Took a chance on this mascara and I'm pleasantly surprised.
The pros: it's very black, volumizes and lengthens, really holds the curl and definitely does not weigh lashes down (as good as Benefit Roller Lash), looks as good at end of day as when first applied.
The cons: brush is larger than I'd prefer, can be clumpy and may be too wet for some (but this improves with use)
Overall, happy with this very inexpensive mascara!

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Wow! I picked this up while we were out of town as an emergency purchase. Surprisingly, I find myself using it daily, even over my formerly loved Clinique High Impact. This is super volumizing and super cheap! One coat of this and an overcoat of waterproof mascara and my lashes look amazing! Two coats and it is like I have added false lashes. My lashes are long (thanks rapidlash) but fine and thin, and this works very well to give them amazing volume and thickness.

I am also in awe that this very affordable volumizing mascara doesn't irritate my super sensitive eyes.

I bought this at Ulta based on the reviews here. Once again, thank you MUA for another great tip! This mascara is great esp. for the price. You get nice, full, long lashes quickly and I love that it's a really dark pitch black color. The reason this didn't rate a full 5 stars (I would have given it 4.5 if possible) from me is that the formula is really wet and I have to practically mop it off my eyelids after applying, and it can be a little clumpy, but nothing that an eyelash comb can't fix.

Overall, a very good mascara for under $5.00. Can't beat that.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

This makes my skimpy lashes look like falsies.
I will update concerning wear and tear but first impressions count!

I give the packaging a 1 because the tube isn't sealed.

This has become my other go to mascara besides Cover Girl clump crusher. I use this when I don't want or don't have time to put on falsies but I want that fuller look (evening, going out etc)

This is a wetter formula and does require patients and a easy hand if you don't want to end up with spider eyes. Yes I know some gals like the look and can pull it off, for me it looks like I'm trying to put together a halloween costume.

I use my eyelash curler and sometimes I may lay down a coast of my clump crusher let it dry why I'm doing my other make up then go back with the essance. Easy hand, and I will blot the end with a tissue because as I said this is a WET formula. Let the coats dry throughly inbetween. Takes a little bit but if you do your other makeup inbetween you can not make it a longer process.

I've had a little flaking and if you are having a watereye day use your other mascara this will transfer and come off if wet. I have used it with my contacts no major issues. I use regular makeup remover and it does take a little more time to remove because it is a heavier product.

Over all I give this 100% inexpensive and it does the job!

Every since my favorite drug store mascara was discontinued (Maybelline Lash Stylist) I've been on the hunt for a suitable replacement. I've found some that i like: Diorshow, Lancome Hypnose, Clinique High Impact but those are all over $40 AUD! Tried many, many different mascaras but no luck until now.

Here's what i want from a mascara:
Formula not too wet
Dries quickly
One coat coverage (2 at most)
Volumizing and Lengthening
No smudging or flaking (hello Maybelline Falsies! Yuk)
No fibers because they irritate my eyes
Easy removal with warm water (so no waterproof)
Cost effective

Yes, it's a lot to ask but......Essence I love extreme crazy volume (pink tube) delivers on all of the above. I've been testing it for a few days and survived long days, a vigorous Cycle class, a visit to the massage therapist (face down) and still no smudging! A tiny bit of flaking after 8 hours but hardly anything to worry about, I'm impressed. The rubber brush needs a bit of getting used to but I don't have any problems with it.
It's dirt cheap so no worries throwing it out after a while and getting a fresh one. The only issue is that these are not sealed and could potentially have been opened. Hence one lippy off.