essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

3.7

AQUA (WATER), CARNAUBA (COPERNICIA CERIFERA) WAX, CERA ALBA (BEESWAX), BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, PALMITIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ACACIA SENEGAL GUM, AMINOMETHYL PROPANOL, CANDELILLA (EUPHORBIA CERIFERA) WAX, PVP, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, POLYVINYL ALCOHOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).

it is a nice mascara, it is volumizing and a little lengthening, not clumpy. however it doesnt hold a curl and weighs your lashes down. read some reviews that say they experienced lashes falling out which i personally dont remember having. so maybe you have to see for yourself abt the lashes falling out. overall for me it is a good drugstore option.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

If you have straight, Asian lashes, this mascara will not hold a curl. Your eyelashes will droop down:(

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I've been using this mascara on and off for a couple years, and let me just say that putting on this product makes my eyelashes look the best that they have ever been- INITIALLY.

I love how this coats the lashes. It gives both length and volume, is pretty buildable and with a careful hand can be completely clump free.
But what I can't stand is how much this thing smudges around your eye.

This by far has the worst smudging issue I have ever experienced from a mascara (and having very straight lashes, i've tried a lot). And it's so upsetting because in the morning my eye makeup would look amazing, and 2 hours into school I'd look like a complete raccoon.

If they fixed this problem with their formula then this would for sure be my holy grail and I'd recommend this to every person with eyelashes period. I might in the near future experiment with lash primers and try to make this work because I LOVE how this makes my lashes look, but as for now I find this completely inwearable and sadly cannot see myself telling a friend to try this out.

Did not like one bit. I bought it after reading so many good reviews of people loving it, but was disappointed by it. The wand is way too big ( and I have pretty big eyes) , the formula wasn't good in my opinion. It wasn't the worst, considering the price, but it didn't lengthen the lashes nor gave me volume. I love essence but they just have better mascaras than this one- like the princess lashes for example.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this mascara because it was cheap and made my lashes look SUPER black. However, I found that it smudged and made my lashes immediately droop. The formula's very thick, which I'm fine with since it made my lashes look so freaking good. It would be my HG if it held a curl and was waterproof/smudgeproof. :(

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Really a great mascara! I tend to have really good luck with mascara's anyways, but this one blew me away. I didn't have very high hopes for it, because, I'd been conditioned to believe that products below a certain price point don't perform as well as others, with the exception of elf and Wet n' Wild. It was so good, it got a little clumpy after the second coat, so I would stick to two, good coats of mascara. The handle is quite nice and chunky, so it's easy to hold, even in my bony hands. There's a significant amount of product as well, 12 ml as opposed to most mascara's 7-8 ml. Overall great mascara, lasts well, builds up easily and not too difficult to remove with a little Bioderma!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

The wand is amazing for lengthening and volume but I find the formula too wet!

I've been using this religiously for almost two years now. This mascara is a staple in my makeup bag and I have repurchased it many, many times. People ask me all the time if my lashes are real. I recommend this mascara to absolutely everyone, and many of my friends have started using it after I recommended it to them. Due to the plastic wand, it thickens the lashes while still seperating them -- which the original I Love Extreme doesn't do as well, despite still being an excellent mascara as well -- and adds so much length. I curl my lashes and apply this afterwards, and it holds the curl all day. It's jet black without a hint of gray. On me, this mascara doesn't smudge, but no mascara ever has, so maybe it will smudge on others as it isn't waterproof. (However, essence did just come out with a waterproof version of the original I Love Extreme which I can't wait to try!) It has never irritated my eyes. It will clump a little, but in a nice, thickening way. The texture is great: thick and a little dry (once you've used it a few times), which is also the reason why it does such a great job at tickening your lashes and adding volume instead of just glueing them together, like most very wet mascaras do. However, you will have to use it a few times because -- like most mascaras -- it's still very wet when it's new, but it'll only take a few days to dry down to its normal creamy texture. The packaging definitely isn't luxurious, but fun and bright (but I might be biased as pink is my favorite color!). And at that price point? SOLD. Sold until the day they discontinue it. Which I hope never comes around.

Will I repurchase? Yes. Would I recommend it? Yes. Do I love it? YES! I URGE you to check it out! At that price point, you can't go wrong -- and I really don't think you'll be disappointed.

Since I don't know how to add pictures, you can check out my Instagram account (@mkpbyotchh). I have a shot up in which I'm wearing it (please excuse the terrible quality, I took it with my old phone). I have to add that I really caked it on for that photo so if you think it looks too clumpy, you can get a much more natural and less clumpy look if you just use less! Now try it out and enjoy! (closeup of me wearing it: https://instagram.com/p/wy5ysVP25k/?taken-by=mkpbyotchh )

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to love this mascara. People say that it's good for thick lashes who need a curl! The price is great and I had a lot of hope. This mascara doesn't do much for my eyes. I don't notice a huge difference after I apply this mascara. The biggest downturn for me is the wand. It's huge af and it's hard for me to control where I want to apply it. It's also clumpy and the application is inconsistent, thick on one side of my lashes and barely any on the other. Maybe I'm just applying it wrong, but that's what I think of this mascara. Sorry Essence, but I'm returning.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Adds amazing volume to my eyes. Love it, like all other Essence mascaras.