shu uemura POREraser

shu uemura POREraser

4.7

on 11/6/2017 5:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Interesting product that I’m happy I picked up. It has light but somehow very good coverage and just evens out your skin tone so naturally but nicely. I’m super oily and this does a great job at keeping me matte longer than other mattifying products. Easy to apply and it just melts into your skin when I use it with a sponge.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Other

Lovely primer, leaves a mat but not dull surface for your foundation as well as giving SPF 35 sun protection.
Has moderate oil-controlling properties: my oily T zone looked good after 6+ hours, which has never been the case previously.
Note that it is quite mat, and that if your skin is dry, it could look too mat. If your skin is oily, after about 30-60 minutes it will look just right.

Cautionary note: needs to be sponged or brushed or tapped into the skin with your finger tips, not smeared otherwise it will ball!
Nevertheless, I have no problem combining it with my Ellis Skin Veil Foundation in the palm of my hand, mixing very well, then I brush the combo onto my face if I am in a rush. If I am not in a rush, I put it on first, let it set for a few minutes, then apply the foundation (this gives slightly better results).

Provides SPF 35, which is really nice and mat, not shiny or greasy at all. Great to know you are sun protected without looking like a greaseball all day.

Note: I have this in the Beige. If you have medium to dark skin, you need to go one shade darker with your foundation, otherwise you will look too pale. I think you would not need to do this if you are NC 20 or lighter, but I tan easily, and in the summer go more like NC 30. So I mix Ellis Faas Skin Veil S104 with this primer and get a good skin match in the summer; in the winter I would probably mix Ellis Faas Skin Veil S103.5 with this primer , especially in the T zone where I have areas of sun damage eg freckles and speckles. Note that although the name states Poreraser, most people find that it does nothing special for pores, but is terrific as a non-greasy SPF - and these are very hard to find!

Howver, given that it has SPF, I would be careful about using it in the evening when you might get flashback. You don't need SPF in the evening anyways!

Will report back if my sensitive skin erupts with longer usage.

Best primer I've found.

I'm 40, but don't have any wrinkles - largely because I have hella-oily skin. I am part Chinese, part English, and also have that thing that a lot of us Asian ladies have: skin which is prone to oiliness *and* dehydration, so you get the flakes and the oilslick all at once. Not a good look.

I bought the two-bottle deal in beige last time I was at Haneda airport in Tokyo, which is the most economical way to get your hands on this stuff (if you happen to be flying via a far-eastern airport). The primer is dispensed as a mousse, and you only need a very tiny amount (much less than a full pump); I am only about halfway through my first bottle three months in, so I expect both bottles to last a year. It's SPF35, which is just what I need.

I use it every morning, on top of my moisturiser once that has soaked in. It spreads evenly with fingers, and smells of yoghurt, and sinks in completely, so there's no stickiness or tackiness, just a silky layer of smoothness. Foundation applies ultra-smoothly on top, and although this primer doesn't hide pores completely, it really helps you to achieve a smooth and even base.

If I don't use this, I find my makeup has slipped off by the end of the working day (and I have to do a LOT of blotting and powdering). I like a natural but flawless base. With POREraser, I can blot once at lunchtime and add more powder, and my base will stay perfect all day long.

This is one I'll repurchase for as long as they keep making it.

on 3/16/2016 7:21:00 AM

I really like this product because it helps to reduce the oily look of my face. Actually I did not use it frequently before until I bought some wrong foundation and cc cream product which always make my face look very oily (I don't know why because I merely met these kinds of products before), then I will use this product and it successfully reduce the oil on my face!

In terms of reducing pore, I did not notice any effect in this area.

And it may varies the effect between people, because my mum really doesn't like this product, but I am impressed by its oil reducing function a lot.

A little bit pricey, so may repurchase when I have enough money

on 5/15/2015 4:09:00 AM

I have classic combination skin, and while I've always been on the fence about primers, honestly this works for me. You DO need to shake it and then use a sponge, (i didn't splurge on the one they sell, rather opted for a drug store sponge). It keeps my makeup in place all day and controls oil. As for erasing pores? That's a reach. I've tried many pore primers like the Clinique one, or the Porefessional by Benenfit, they all make my foundation gross and cakey around my nose. This one goes under foundation MUCH better, and while pores are more visible, they are reduced. As for the colour choice? Not sure why they bother, since this primer gives NO colour correction.
Would I buy again? Yes, keeps my makeup on, controls oil and helps with pores while maintaining normal skin texture on my nose.

on 4/10/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love love this! I saw this at the airport duty free in China and decided to try it out. Wow. Amazing! I pair it with my Chanel Perfect Lumiere makeup and I'm oil-free all day. I have very oily skin and this definitely controlled my oil well. I am just sad that this isn't available in the US...price wise, it's pricey but totally worth it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was on the market for a new primer. Ive never been a huge believer of primers because the ones I've tried always made me shiny, felt sticky, gave me a white cast, or pilled. The cool mouse dispensing aerosol can drew me in.

Shu Uemuras POREraser is a $46 CAD, 50g can of tinted mousse primer. The can lasted me half a year. The beauty adviser insisted I buy their house-shaped sponges for application. At $10 a pack of four, I was definitely hesitant, but Im glad I forked over the money. I cant imagine putting the primer on any other way. The mouse primer sprays out of the can and almost immediately starts bubbling and deflating. The sponge is the fastest way to apply it. Use your hands and the product dries too fast and starts tugging. Use a brush and you use too much product. The sponge presses away bubbles and creates a thin layer on the skin. The sponges were also durable with wash. During the six month period, I only used one!

In terms of the POREraser itself, it worked well on my oily skin. One of the major issues I have with primers is that it doesnt sit well with my skincare products and ends up pilling. Didnt have that issue with this primer. It filled in my pores, mattified my skin a little (which is nice since I use a lot of facial oils and like dewy foundations), and worked with my foundation to create this beautiful soft focus blurred effect. I could definitely tell a difference when I didnt use it. As an oily girl, it helped a little with foundation longevity but wasnt life changing. Overall, despite it being expensive, I will repurchase because mouse and balm primers are the only ones I can use and there arent many available on the market. If youre looking for a techy, light weight sunscreen that fills in your pores, this product is for you.

Notes worth mentioning:
- The Canadian packaging didnt list an SPF of 35 PA+++ but the label does list a lot of sunscreen ingredients so maybe its a Canadian law thing.
- A quarter sized ball of mousse covered my whole face. It will take a few tries to learn how to control the nozzle.
- Also, I bought the product and left it in storage for a year before using it every day. The day I finished the product, I couldnt help but think the can was still super heavy. Wonder if the year of storage affected the product.

[Overall rating 5.0 | Price 3.0 | Packaging 5.0 | Yes, I will repurchase]

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

****For the price range, 1 lippie means a bad price, and 5 lippies means a great price.

Skin: Oily-combination (My forehead is dry in the morning and then its oily as the day goes on.)

Colour: Beige

Overview: This is a mousse base that helps improve the skin's appearance while providing a natural coverage that conceals dark spots, blemishes and scars.

Packaging: It comes in an aerosol container with a pump.

Scent: Smells like yogurt. A really strong and concentrated smell of plain yogurt.

Texture: A bubbly mousse that deflates pretty quickly into a liquid primer.

Coverage: It brightens very well, but it does not cover anything.

On skin: If you rub it in, it will feel like its tugging at your skin. I suggest tapping it in. It is a little bit drying so avoid applying it on your dry patches.

Additional: I don't use it all over the face; only on parts that I want an extra sheen highlight. This is terrific as a brightening base for your under eye concealer. Overall, it is an okay primer. I think alot of people bought into it because of the new, innovative "mousse" texture, which doesn't really help with the actual application and results. You pay almost $50 for a container for 50g which is pretty expensive. You can find better primers in the market for way less.

Thank you for reading my review!

Shu Uemura POREraser make-up base is my Holy Grail go-to makeup base. This fabulous formula does exceptionally well in holding the makeup intact, while protecting the skin from harmful sun effect (SPF35+++). What appealed most to me is how light-weight and non-greasy it felt on the skin. You should get Shu Uemura POREaser make-up base if:

- You are looking for a light-textured and non-greasy makeup base
- You want your pores to look smaller
- You want a 2-in-1 product (makeup base + UV protection)

Check out before and after photos at: http://bit.ly/poreraser

on 3/25/2014 3:40:00 PM

I use this POREraser as a primer before my makeup and it does smooth out my pores and help my makeup last longer. Helps control oil as well. The finish of this mousse is really smooth and matte. However, for my NC30-35 skin, I feel like it's a little too light and leaves a slight white cast on my face so I can't really wear it alone as a sunscreen which I intended to. When I did, my friends told me I looked pale and sick so I'll only wear this under makeup. The packaging is also pretty irritating as I find it hard to dispense a small amount and a little bulky. Shall continue using this while I search for a better primer.