Hera UV Mist Cushion (SPF50 /PA)

Hera UV Mist Cushion (SPF50 /PA)
UV Mist Cushion (SPF50 /PA)UV Mist Cushion (SPF50 /PA)

3.8

Had been using sulwhasoo cushion for over a year going two years and finally decided to try this. I've tried so many brands such as etude house, innisfee and laneige's bb cushion, all clog my pores and break me out after continuous usage. Hera and sulwhasoo is the only one that does not break me out. The colour is a perfect match for me, suitable for people who needs light-medium coverage, coverage is buildable. I find this to be less dewy than the sulwhasoo's and also more hydrating. Recommend to set with powder. Would purchase again if i run our of it, love it!

on 6/11/2017 10:17:00 PM

Can't believe this product doesn't have better reviews! I bought the C21 off the reccomendations of the cushion thread on Reddit/-Asian Beauty. Purchased on Peach and Lilly where you get points like Birchbox, it was about 45$ with shipping.

The packaging is pretty luxurious in pale lavender and white. It's thick and substantial in weight and size but it's compact enough for a small purse. The puff is decently sized and deposits a good amount of product. The cushion itself is one of the nicer ones I've seen between IOPE, Innisfree and L'Oréal. It's soaked but thick enough to keep everything contained and well absorbed.

The product itself is a pretty spot on match for MAC NC-15 but somehow the color is....better. MAC has always been off on my coloring and NC-15 was the closest thing that matched. This might just be a tad lighter. It smells a little fruity upon first application but that goes away pretty quickly. On my dry skin it performs beautifully. Lasts all day with a glowing natural finish.

Recently I've started using it with argan oil to give my skin a little more of a moisture kick and they've performed great together and managed to last through a unexpected nap.

5/5

on 1/15/2016 12:49:00 AM

What, I haven't reviewed this one yet? Shame. This is my staple cushion, the original version, that is. I've tried almost every other variation of the cushion (long-stay, long stay matte, moisture)..the original is still the best. The moisturizing type doesn't suit my oily pore-y skin at all plus - FYI - it is somehow darker/yellower than the other types, although I always buy C23. Anyhow, it's a lightweight BB cream is a cushion form with SPF of 50, good staying power and a dewy finish. It's light to medium cover, buildable. When Hera and I just started, they only had two shades, 21 and 23 (fair and light) and both were slightly yellow-based but now I believe they have expanded the range to accommodate more skin tones. It feels and looks just like your skin. It has a cosmetic scent which isn't something I typically enjoy but forgivable. This isn't for someone who likes a heavier, doll-like finish. This is pure awesomeness. I have repurchased many times and currently have a stash of refills to last me until the next haul.

Big fan, Hera.

Love you!

on 6/8/2016 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I was always a fan of Hera products. My favourite cushion of all time is the Ultra Moisture one.
I have rather dry skin, with some dry patches (NC20-25, shade 21 a bit light but 23 is too beige for my yellow skin)
I decided to buy this once because of the good reviews and because of the collaboration with Nicholas Kirkwood ( it's just so beautiful you have to get a look at it)
I noticed that this one has a stiffer sponge and that the product is also a bit lighter than the ultra moisture ( it's the cover version) The scent is also stronger.
I prefer the ultra moisture, it feels lighter on the skin and more comfortable overall.
This one is also good but I don't often reach for it, I don't regret buying it because I can reuse the beautiful case.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Maybe it's just my skintone but I got the Natural one in 23 which is the darkest shade available from where I bought it from but it's still too light for me. I am on my second day wearing it though so I can't say much yet regarding its longterm effect.

However I just looked at myself from afar under natural light and I would be lying if I didn't say my skin looked glowing haha. I guess I just won't let people get too close to me whenever I'm using this? Or I might have to pair this with a primer as well.

on 7/24/2016 7:52:00 AM

I bought the nicholas kirkwood's edition when i was in korea. color 21 match me nicely but the lasting power of this sucks. this cushion looks really bad literally after 1 hour and this isn't just a problem for me as it happens to 2 of my other friends as well

on 7/20/2015 2:44:00 PM

I read a lot of reviews online before deciding to buy this cushion and what sold me was that I read somewhere that most university girls carry a Hera UV mist cushion so I figured, this should be the right one for me.

I got the C21 colour, C for cover so I was hoping for more coverage. The coverage is actually quite weird to me, if I use just a little and pat it on all it does is give me a dewy finish like a watery moisturizer. I can layer more on and it will make my skin look flawless, poreless and white (like the korean celebrities) but at the same time it does nothing to cover an actual blemish. And since your blemish is resting next to perfect looking skin, it just stands out more.

I love the way it feels when it goes on. It does have this light, refreshing feel on the skin. I don't know about it lowering your face's temperature but it feels nice in summer.

The texture is very wet and dewy, just like the korean celebrity glow. It still feels tacky and sticky even after half an hour of sitting on your skin. If I were to just rub my nose or scratch my cheek, I would end up rubbing it off my face quite easily. I can set it with loose powder, however, no matter how lightly I dust powder over it, it always ends up looking cakey.

Lasting power, it does not last. Now I know cushions are meant for easy convenient touch ups but I would like it to last longer than a 3 hour lecture. It goes on perfect and makes you look stunning for the first hour or so but after your natural face oils come out... it just breaks apart? It just looks very bad and cakey (even with only one layer) very quickly.

The cushion itself doesn't last very long either. Once you open it, if you are constantly touching up or using it everyday the foundation in the cushion will dry out slowly each time you open it. Likewise, even if you don't touch it for a couple of weeks and leave it closed, it will still dry out slowly. This cushion isn't one of the cheaper ones so it kind of hurts the wallet that way.

I've tried this out in summer, when I'm at my oiliest and probably a no go time. And tried it out in winter, when I'm so dry and all this cushion does is emphasize the dry spots.

Overall, unless you have perfect, normal skin with zero blemishes, I don't see how someone can use it without some difficulty one way or another.

By the way, I have an extra unopened C21 refill if anyone is up for a swap. I'd like to try another cushion, one that can fit in this case!

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This is my favorite kind of foundation. It lasts all day on my combination skin, coverage is decent, you can apply two layers if you need more coverage, so its buildable. I love the dewy finish, and i use it as a base for my undereyes, so that when i apply concealer, it lasts longer. I find that my blush lasts longer too over this.

I wish its fragrance free, and more affordable. Apart from these, i have no complaints.

on 5/11/2015 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've really dry skin and this works on me like magic! i just apply this on my whole face(without any loose powder) in the morning and i have to reapply it a little in the evening and that's it! It can last me for the whole day! (I live in a humid country) Sometimes i may feel that it's a little dry but when i moisture my face well in the morning it usually doesn't cause me any problems. and i don't experience any major breakouts ever since i started using this. The only con about this product is it's hard for me to get hands on this product as its not available in my country.

on 8/5/2015 6:16:00 AM

This type of cusion bb is very popular in Asia . I get the chance to try out almost all of the famous Korean brand bb cusion. Hera is more suitable for normal/oily combination skin. It's more watery kind of hydrating than Laneige and iope. It gives of a natural dewy finish, and can be build to a medium coverage. I rather prefer this kind of sheer coverage over full coverage since I don't really have too much skin issue and sometimes trying to cover up all the blemishes can make your makeup looks cakey and greasy,not to mention make those hateful blemishes break out even more. I do have to put on a little loose powder on my t zone to keep make it stay longer. I heard that this product is quite expensive in America, I spend around $60-$66for two of these in lotte duty free department store in Seoul.