Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care

Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care

3.3

Aqua, glycerin, cyclomethicone, alcohol denat., cetearyl alcohol, tapioca starch, methylpropanediol, octocrylene, butyl methoxydibenzoylmethane, sodium phenylbenzimidazole sulfonate, caprylic/ caprice triglyceride, myrestyl myristate, octyldodecanol, glyceryl glucoside, fucus vesiculosus extract, tocopheryl acetate, sodium chloride, sodium stearoyl glutamate, ammonium acryoldimethyltaurate/ vp copolymer, acrylates / c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, chondrus crispus extract, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, trisodium EDTA, benzyl alcohol, linalool, geraniol, citronellol, parfum

Very average moisturizer. More like a semi-matte than a full matte finish which was disappointing. I have found it to be a good base for makeup though (although I do use a primer over it). It did not break me out and absorbs fairly quickly.

on 8/1/2016 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

PRO TIP FOR OILY/COMBO PEOPLE: Buy a gel Moisturiser if you want to be mattified, an oil based like this one won't do anything for you.

I bought the one with SPF 15 and it didn't mattify me at all, it made me look even shinier BUT none of the SPF ingredients were carcinogens and that's a lot more important to me than looking oily but as soon as I run out of this one, I'm getting something that's gel + non carcinogenic

I bought this cream in a very low price and I didnt wait that it would be so good. It is very good as a base for make up and hydrates the skin very well. I have bought many nice creams but only some of them can match well with make up products. The only reason I didnt put 5 stars is because I suffer from atopic dermatitis these days and I need a more rich cream to protect me from cold air in the morning and sun rays attacks in the noon.

on 7/15/2015 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this product because though I use their products very rarely, I trust Nivea and the product's description catered EXACTLY to what I was looking for: intense moisture without clogging pores (I have acne-prone skin), reduces shine/mattifies because of oil-free/non-greasy formula (I have verrrrry oily skin), and leaves skin looking healthy/beautiful (who doesn't want that?!). I've been using this product for around two months, maybe a little less, and use it right after I cleanse/tone my face as suggested.

As a result, I've found this moisturizer to be alright, but nothing phenomenal. Less is definitely more with this -- I only need a pea-sized amount to do my face, otherwise it goes on kinda greasy and feels like it takes FOREVER to dry/soak in. It does an okay job at reducing shine and mattifying my face, but I feel like it could definitely be better. The sunscreen I use afterwards usually ends up soaking all the grease from my moisturizer so I can deal with it, but alone I think it takes a while to really dry and be matte. I can live with it, though! Didn't seem to clog my pores or cause any breakouts thankfully.

I'm really not a fan of putting scented products on my face, so I was a little disappointed when I opened this and realized it had a scent. That might be the determining factor in whether or not I look for a similar product or not once my bottle is empty, but that's also something I can live with if I can't find anything else. The price is probably the best part and that's also EXTREMELY important to me! haha

I'm not sure if I would totally recommend it, but it's worth a try if you're really looking for this type of product! It's been a couple hours since I applied and it's matte, dry, and my skin isn't oily at all!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I bought this painfully average moisturizer based on its box, which advertised mattifying effects for combination to oily skin. I should know by now not to be seduced by the term "mattifying". Rarely do drugstore products perform this function, especially for those of us who wear even moderate foundation or have overproductive sebaceous glands.

As far as moisture goes, this product does its job. However, it does absolutely nothing to reduce shine or mattify my skin. In fact, it actually exacerbates the oil already existent on my face. By the time noon rolls around, I'm pretty much glistening.

It also doesn't have SPF or any other protective benefits which could be expected from a day cream. This is honestly the laziest day cream ever. If you have combination skin, I would recommend it if your skin tends more towards dryness than oiliness. Otherwise, don't bother.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I only apply a very small amount of this and it leaves my face looking greasy every time. Nothing mattifying about this.

I've been using this for 2 weeks now after finishing my pot of Vichy moisturizer and I was looking for something a lot less expensive. My cousin reccomended the Nivea moisturizer that comes in the pink/white pot but then I saw this and the mattifying aspect drew me in. I do not regret my purchace!!

My face is so soft and it really controls my oil. Also it seems as if it is helping my makeup last longer too! The scent isn't overpowering in my opinion but then again I can go into places like LUSH for quite a while without becoming nauseated.

The packaging is very nice too, I prefer squeeze tubes over pots and even pumps.

on 5/19/2014 7:01:00 PM

I usually like the Nivea scent, but with the Nivea Aqua Effect Mattifying Day Care, I have no idea if it is good or not because the scent is awful.

I put it on my face and was at first reluctant because the smell was strong, but I thought the smell might dissipate. I gave it about 3 mins then had to wash it off my face becasue
i was starting to get a headache.

I will probably through it out as I do not even know anyone who might like it due to the overwhelming scent.

It has a strong jasmine, florally scent if you like that kind of scent.

I expected more from Nivea - dissapointed and a big waste of money!!

on 3/2/2014 12:15:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been using this for about a week. No breakouts and compared to my old face lotion, it actually does help my oilyness. My skin isn't a greasy mess anymore! It needs a higher SPF than 15 though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

im not so sure about this product. i read many good reviews so i went ahead and bought it, its cheap. i was excited for the word mattifying in the label, i can never seem to find those where i live. i only bought it today so i havent actually tested it correctly. i did put it on after my shower, though. I was confident and went ahead and didnt blot for two hours aprox. INext thing i know, my face is greasy and shiny. I was quite dissapointed. But Ill give it another chance, i want it to work. Maybe next time, with all my products on, itll work better, i hope...