LORAC GLOgetter Palette

GLOgetter Palette

2.5

on 12/8/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really decent little palette for the price. There are some unique colors in it. These colors are great for those who are trying to venture from neutral/subtle looks into something more bold. If you are a die hard bold makeup wearer, you maybe disappointed in the color pay off of these shadows. I find myself reaching for this more in the day then in the night. I can get some very nice appropriate work looks with a bit of color.
These colors appear very summery but there are some cool tones that if paired right, can work into fall and winter.

on 4/23/2013 4:40:00 PM

LORAC has made some great, high-quality palettes that have really made me say, "Wow, what a great deal!" GLOGetter is not one of them.

I went into Ulta, saw this, and drooled over the pretty summery colors. This has plenty of neutrals, but adds a few fun teals and blues to make it interesting. There's a mixture of finishes and two larger all-over/highlighter shades. When I found out that this palette is only $20, I was positively giddy.

When I applied the e/s, I was underwhelmed. The texture is chalky and after about 3 hours, the vibrant teal on my lid was more of a muted teal wash, while the chocolate brown in my crease had turned into a flesh-colored tan. How disappointing.

The color range and sleek packaging are great, but the texture and lasting power don't really measure up to LORAC's other palettes (like the Croc and Pro palettes). If you really like the summery colors and want a higher-quality palette, check out Too Faced's Summer Eye instead. The colors are similar and the quality is much better.