LORAC GLOgetter Palette

GLOgetter Palette

3.5

on 12/8/2013 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Really decent little palette for the price. There are some unique colors in it. These colors are great for those who are trying to venture from neutral/subtle looks into something more bold. If you are a die hard bold makeup wearer, you maybe disappointed in the color pay off of these shadows. I find myself reaching for this more in the day then in the night. I can get some very nice appropriate work looks with a bit of color.
These colors appear very summery but there are some cool tones that if paired right, can work into fall and winter.

As someone who rarely wears eyeshadow, I stick with sample palettes from gifts-with-purchase from Clinique and Lancome or drugstore brands such as NYX or Physicians Formula. But when I saw LORAC GLOgetter in an Ulta sales ad for only $20 I knew I had to buy it, and I have no regrets.

You get 10 eyeshadows in a variety of colors and finishes (although most are shimmery), but they complement each other nicely. My favorite is a shimmery turquoise and yellow duochrome- so gorgeous and unique! Even when used dry they are all decently pigmented, not super-saturated but easy to apply and blend. You can apply them wet of course for a more intense look. Even without primer they last a long time before showing signs of fading.

I really like the slim packaging with the mirror, very portable! For anyone who's wondering where this is made in, it's made in China...I'm thinking that's why this palette is so cheap. I typically avoid products made in China because the quality tends to be very low but not in this case at all.

This is my first LORAC purchase so I cannot compare it to its regular line of eyeshadows or other palettes its released but overall I think the GLOgetter is fantastic deal for the beautiful colors, moderate pigmentation, and variety of looks you could create with it. If you're interested, buy it now before it sells out everywhere!

Recommended!