SinfulColors Tempest

SinfulColors Tempest

4.3

on 6/10/2016 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

On the SinfulColors website this color is described as a "radiant orchid" shade. It's a really pretty mid-toned lavender.

There's nothing wrong with the formula (not too thick or thin) or the brush (applies without a sitch.) Fully opaque in one coat. Creamy with no shimmer or glitter.

The packaging has never given me any problems. This nail polish was around $2.

I'll use the bottle up but won't purchase again because this product isn't cruelty-free.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favorite if not my top favorite polish I own. I took a lippie off just because I wish it had better ingredients, I wish it was 5 free. I don't think it is. The color is SO unique, it's like a pink lavender jelly with no shimmer. I haven't seen anything like it! Also very affordable. Love this color!

To Read all 8 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/19/2015 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE this color. Purple is my favorite color and pretty much my favorite thing to wear and surround myself with in general, and when I found this color during my spare MakeupAlley browsing time I knew I had to have it. When I bought it, I discovered that it's the exact same shade of purple as my room, which is the most wonderful coincidence! I was thrilled, until I put it on.

Sinful Colors doesn't usually disappoint me in this way, and so I'm still half-thinking that maybe I was a bit too heavy-handed with the brush while painting my nails and skyping my best friend simultaneously. But the formula was just odd. It was runny but strangely thick, and it seemed to pile up on my nails in a way that most nail polishes don't. Again, this might have been due to distracted application but I don't know. It went on a bit messy and took quite a bit of time to dry, then required touch-ups the next day. Even now I'm considering redoing my left hand because it looks a bit lumpy and uneven.

Another thing to note is that I feel like this color complements some skin tones better than others. It looked bright in the bottle, but I feel like it doesn't stand out on my medium-dark skin as much as it should. I feel like it would look stunning on people with especially pale or dark skin, but since my skin is a golden-brown/tan, it falls smack dab in the middle and isn't as noticeable.

Despite all of this, my love for the color purple still reigns, and this shade is very beautiful. A lavender-berry purple creme that's either warm or cool depending on your skin tone. I'll definitely be wearing it again and repurchasing it because purple. But if I wasn't particularly fond of this shade and color, I wouldn't bother.

on 8/16/2015 11:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is a nice medium lavender crème, but not as light on me as it looks on the bottle. Formula is a little bit thick but I only needed one coat. Got it at Wags for only 99 cents on sale.

on 5/19/2015 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is day 8 of my mani and still no chips. Shine has dulled a bit but otherwise an outstanding performance from a 99 cent bottle of polish. Color is gorgeous, several compliments. I used Sally Hansen double duty base and top coat. excellent wear from all products. Very happy.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this color,,, get compliments from girls and guys. Have purchased it three times. Love SinfulColors, great product.

on 12/12/2013 4:03:00 PM

My new favorite color!!! I went to the store with the intention of buying a different color polish but say this and thought it looked super pretty. I just got done putting it on and it is so gorgeous..highly recommend!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

LOVE this color!! Very pretty for spring!! I am in love with sinful colors...I bought 15 new shades last night!

Popular Polishes