Makeup Geek Eyeshadow - Cocoa Bear

4.6

on 4/21/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

One of my favourite MUG shadows. I find this to be quite similar to MAC Swiss Chocolate, but better! A beautiful rich, warm medium red toned brown shade. It's so pigmented (infact, it's the most pigmented out of all the matte MUG shades I own), blends easily and applies incredibly smoothly. I have green eyes and it makes them pop like crazy. My go-to look is Peach Smoothie as a transition shade, Creme Brulee blended up from the lid to the crease and then Cocoa Bear in the outer 3/4 crease with Mocha/Latte mixed on my lower lashline, Vanilla Bean on the brow bone, Shimma Shimma as a inner corner highlight and Americano to line my upper lashline. This look will suit anyone but works particularly well for us green, hazel or blue eyed people.

Wear it nearly every day on lower lash line - makes my blue eyes pop! Excellent!

To Read all 15 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/12/2015 4:01:00 PM

I really like this shadow. It is very pigmented, yet blends well and it is a gorgeous medium dark red-brown. It is a 5 star shadow, no question. On me, however, it is a little bit difficult to find the right use for it, which is why I wouldn't purchase it again. I'm an NW15, so it's too warm/red for me to wear in my outer corner, and too dark for the crease.

on 7/30/2015 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great shadow, dupe for MAC swiss chocolate at half the price! Blends beautifully and lasts all day! Highly recommend.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Alright guys.. Jaclyn Hill made me do it.
I bought like, 6 MUG shadows and this was one of them.

This is a straight up replica of Swiss Chocolate by MAC. Except SO MUCH BETTER.
Blends like a dream, so pigmented, so creamy, so CHEAP!

Perfect red/warm dark brown. Amazing for green and blue eyes.

on 2/24/2015 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Good God, Cocoa Bear is so pigmented! This is a fantastic crease colour and on my NC50 complexion - with a very light hand it can pass as a great transition colour. It's a very warm brown with an orange hue, I love this so much with Homecoming on the lid, MAC Shadowy Lady in the socket and outer v area and of course Cocoa Bear just above the crease. Love! Definitely a thumbs up

Probably makeupgeeks stand out eyeshadow. Really warm brown. It just doesn't read /warm brown/ on my eyes but more orange than I would like. Good shadow overall. Bendable and affordable

on 12/26/2014 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

OK, first of all, this is an amazing eye-shadow all things considered. But, if you look up one or more products from this brand you will see a negative review from the same person. Saying "my niece" or "my friend" has/had this "horrible". This person is going to great lengths to disparage the brand. I'm thinking they have alterier motives.

on 11/1/2014 7:12:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Cocoa Bear is such a gorgeous, smooth color. It pairs very well with Makeup Geek Vanilla Bean, Peach Smoothie, and Crème Brûlée for a warm matte neutral eye. A little goes a long way, as well, so apply carefully and blend well! It is also a very warm brown; you'll get the most out of it if you have a natural tan or by pairing it with cooler colors to bring it back a bit.

Pros:
* very, very creamy
* very pigmented
* silky application
* blendable
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* leans a little more red than expected
* not easy to fix mistakes

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

MAC is not as consistent as some people think. I've had more duds with them over the years than I can count, and it forced me to stop buying the brand-- besides the lipsticks. Currently there is no shade that matches this since Brown Script was discontinued.
For a baby brand, the MUG shadows are good and affordable. Cocoa Bear is a staple red based brown that enhances all eye colors and adds something special to the eye crease.