Dermacol Make-up Cover

Filtered by eye Color : Blue

3.5

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

So just to throw this out there: Make sure you buy the ORIGINAL off of their website or their Amazon. I've bought both real and fakes before!

Real: Thick, cream like texture. You should not have any oiliness or separation of product when getting it out of the tube.
Fakes: Oily product that doesn't cover crap! Separates the minute it comes out of the tube.

So originally my very fair self got 207, but that is WAYYYY too pink for my liking. After seeing Thataylaaa on Youtube review 208 and I'm a similar paleness to her, I decided to get that. First, the one I got off eBay was a FAKE but then I went on Amazon and found the legitimate 208 from the actual "Dermacol" seller. This was an excellent match for me by getting 208!

As a cosplayer, this is PERFECT for covering pretty much your life and I recommend this to anyone who also cosplays, does drag, needs or likes full coverage. My only issue I found is that I am pretty oily towards the end of the day, but have yet to try this with both my Coty airspun and Greenslr Spray. I agree with other reviews that you need to make sure you powder and set with spray to avoid any transfer coming off!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS HERE, SO I LOOKED AT THE PROFILES OF SOME OF THESE MEMBERS AND I BELIEVE THEIR REVIEWS ARE FAKE. MANY OF THEM REGISTERED THE DAY OF, OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEIR REVIEW, AND THIS PRODUCT IS THEIR ONLY REVIEW. I HAVE FLAGGED THEM AND ASK OTHERS TO INVESTIGATE REVIEWS THEY FIND TO BE A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEWER PRODUCTS.
**lucasguo - just a few reviews below mine
https://www.makeupalley.com/p~lucasguo for example is obviously a seller or employee, look at "her" profile.

Review:
I made sure to buy directly from Dermacol's site so that i could be sure I received an authentic product.
This covers amazingly well, with very little product, and looks flawless AT FIRST. But it never sets, it stays oily, it's basically like a silicone with powder pigment in it. It comes off like crazy, even after setting with powder.
It also settles into lines and pores after a short period, and begins looking just messy, for me. I don't have very large pores or deep lines, but it makes them look much worse.
It may work better for a teenager with perfect skin, as it works fairly well for my 15 year old daughter.
Also, I believe I picked the lightest shade and it was still a bit too dark for me, I'm usually an NC20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK so first off, find a seller who deals in the authentic product. If you are after seriously full coverage, this bad boy is for you. It's also great for mixing with other foundations - get shade 208 for a full coverage light mixer if you're after one. The finish is almost a powdery but natural finish. Would not recommend for use under the eyes unless you're going for the crepey eye bag vibe. Problem with it is, is that it transfers like a bitch. It has its place in the old make up draw though.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did not expect to like this as much as I do. For starters, shade #208 is an exact match for my skin, exact. This shade is described as "cold porcelain". Not how I think of my skin tone but it works. At any rate I almost always have to buy the lightest shade of any foundation and I've never had an exact match before. Second, you really don't have to use much at all. Less than a pea covers my whole face with a beauty blender. Less if you're using a brush or your fingers. I recently wore this for a 16 hour shift at my hospital. I felt exausted but my skin looked really good. I have, what I would consider, normal skin right now, it was very oily for much of my life but has settled down considerably since hitting my (cough) mature years. I probably could not have worn this 10 years ago because Dermacol is on the more moisturizing side of the foundation spectrum. I, obviously, got the authentic version, but there are fakes out there which wouldn't be nearly as good. On the whole it's a fantastic bargain. I ordered from Amazon but you can get it elsewhere too.

Yes. Yes.

Oh my GOD, yes.

YES baby, lay it on me NOW!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I'm finished creaming my jeans, let me just say that this is now my holy grail foundation. I may experiment here and there with other brands -- or even mix them into this one on creative-minded evenings -- but this will always be my go-to.

First of all: This stuff is THICK, baby, which is why I think any full coverage-loving beauty fanatic should and will love this. Thing is, it is SO thick and delicious that you have to learn to use it right in order to get the best effect. If you use the amount you'd normally use with foundation, you may find yourself looking like a dummy in a wax museum, ha, so experiment. This is formulated to cover tattoos, so figure that.

I find that, for best results, you hardly need ANY. I'm talking just tap a little of the excess from around the tube opening, and it will most likely do your whole face fine. Use a beauty blender, your fingers or your fave brush to gently tap on and blend. BUILD, baby, don't cake. This stuff is beautifully, wonderfully, deliciously thick and will probably last at least half your lifetime because of it.

That might not be an exaggeration.

I plan to experiment with color to get a perfect match for my own pale-ass skin. I might mix in a little pinker-based foundation to get an even closer color match. That's the great thing about this stuff: You can use it on its own, or you can mix in other foundations (or even highlighters!) to play around with color, consistency, glow and such. By the way, this has a nice natural glow effect as well.

What I'm saying is that not only is this foundation aces on its own, it is also so good you can use it to create your own custom foundation blend if you're feeling creative and have a few extra minutes to play in front of the makeup mirror.

What I can't get over is the fact that this HG foundation is only $12 on Amazon. !!!!!Baby!!!!!!!!! Note to manufacturer: Please don't get a big head from this review and others like it and then hike up the price to designer levels. You've got a GREAT thing going on with cost effectiveness vs. value for your money, and I wouldn't even THINK about messing with that. You gals and guys are heroes for offering this kind of quality for that kind of price, and your customer base will thank you for it.

Again and again and again by coming back, probably for life.

One more benefit worth mentioning is the fact that, if you're in a rush, this foundation is so creamy batter-thick you don't even need concealer. Skip that step if you want to, it's ALL good.

Anyway, I just wanted to share to tip off fellow beauty addicts and, most of all, to show my appreciation for a foundation formula well done!

BRAVO, Dermacol!!!!!!!!! :-)

First of all this foundation looks horrible on the skin. You can expect a full coverage foundation to be a bit visible on your face when you look close, but this looks ridiculous. I would never go out wearing this. It does look pretty good in photos though, so if you intend to use it for selfies or something along those lines that should work fine.

Second, it doesn't really cover as well as it's said to do. It is a full coverage foundation and cover more than most other products, but it doesn't even fully cover a small red mark I have on my cheek even after I applied 4 layers of foundation on that spot, so it's by no means a miracle product.

Third of all... Oh the shine. I have dry skin and with this foundation on even I looked like I had sprayed cooking oil all over my face. It tried putting powder over it to get rid of the shine, but the powder brush was sticking to my face because it was so "oily" (the foundation doesn't really ever "dry", it just sits wet on top of it) and the powder did nothing to take away the oily look. So if you already have oily skin then I wouldn't buy this.

Then it's the colors. I got the lightest shade (208) and it was still too dark. If you have very fair skin you know it's mission impossible to find a foundation that actually match your skin tone, and unfortunately this one won't do either. So if you're very fair and want the foundation to actually match your skin tone, then don't bother getting this one.

Theres been alot of hype about this product, iv seen the raving reviews thousands of times on fb and im always pessimistic about " AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS" on the market.
I was running low on my normal foundation and thought what the hell ill give it ago.
Iv always struggled with moderate acne amd acne scaring so i do have problem skin.
The product goes on nice and smoothly and does cover reasonably well , but with quite a heavy load and only using blotching motions rather then sweeping, throughout the day it does feel oily amd greasy and wears off quicker than expected.
It does however give your skin a nice glow, as i do have quite a dull skin tone.
For the price it is very good i paid £9 for a 30g tube, i will be sticking to my estee lauder doublewear in the future tho

absolute WORST makeup i've ever bought! $30 and it does NOT cover one thing. PLEASE DO NOT waste your money!!!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been interested in trying this because I've heard some great things. After testing it for about a week, I think I've gotten a good feel for how it works on my skin.

The coverage, what it's known for, is insane. I tested it over my black tattoos and you actually can truly achieve complete coverage, which I've never had before, even from other foundations that claim to cover tattoos. So the full coverage aspect is 100% legit. The first time I used it, I used as much as I do with my UD All Nighter (also pretty full coverage) and it was easily about 4 times too much, so a little of this goes a LONG way.

I've noticed over the years that my skin is becoming more oily. This product is extremely creamy, so if I don't prime well with a super mattifying primer and it's a busy day, I do find this slides on me. If I sheer it out (how I normally wear it), the sliding is minimal, but if I wear it at full coverage, this tends to wear off in patches in my T-zone that are extremely noticeable. This might be okay in something like a theater setting where you're going to be far away from the people seeing you, but not practical for everyday.

Because it's super creamy, I also have to be careful around my eyes because I find it settles into fine lines if you use too much, which is very easy to do.

Overall, it's not bad if used VERY sparingly (or even as a spot concealer), but I think if you intend on wearing it at fuller coverage, it might be a little better for drier skin types.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation/concealer. I am fair and very pink and I can use either 211 (a tiny bit dark but usable) or 207 (a bit better match). I uploaded a color chart with descriptions of the colors. If you are not pinkish, don't buy the "cool" colors and no, 207 is not the lightest, 208 is by about two shades. ;-) Do not buy 208 unless you are very fair or like a very light concealer or want to highlight. 209 is very peach, can't imagine anyone naturally being that color, even though I have used it in a pinch and with a neutral powder, it isn't bad on me! LOL To round off the colors I've used, 210 isn't pink enough for me. Don't forget, that the higher the number does not necessarily mean it is darker.
As other reviews have stated, this is very concentrated so start with less than you think you will need. I like to use my fingers as a brush or sponge is much too much product to look even remotely natural. I can go from about medium coverage to very full depending on how much I use. I would not recommend trying to go too full of coverage as it would be very mask like, even with a good shade match.
This is dewy on me even after I set it with powder but it doesn't transfer very much and it does last all day. I use two face creams and an SPF under this, it would be less dewy if I didn't use as many emollients. I've used it in the desert where I live and on vacation in Hawaii and I get great lasting power with both. I actually like the bit more dewy look I get in the humid climates.
This is not rated with any SPF but does have physical sunscreen ingredients.
Overall, a great, affordable foundation that works well with my "mature" skin.