Dermacol Make-up Cover

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.4

Price: $

Price: $

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS HERE, SO I LOOKED AT THE PROFILES OF SOME OF THESE MEMBERS AND I BELIEVE THEIR REVIEWS ARE FAKE. MANY OF THEM REGISTERED THE DAY OF, OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEIR REVIEW, AND THIS PRODUCT IS THEIR ONLY REVIEW. I HAVE FLAGGED THEM AND ASK OTHERS TO INVESTIGATE REVIEWS THEY FIND TO BE A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEWER PRODUCTS.
**lucasguo - just a few reviews below mine
https://www.makeupalley.com/p~lucasguo for example is obviously a seller or employee, look at "her" profile.

Review:
I made sure to buy directly from Dermacol's site so that i could be sure I received an authentic product.
This covers amazingly well, with very little product, and looks flawless AT FIRST. But it never sets, it stays oily, it's basically like a silicone with powder pigment in it. It comes off like crazy, even after setting with powder.
It also settles into lines and pores after a short period, and begins looking just messy, for me. I don't have very large pores or deep lines, but it makes them look much worse.
It may work better for a teenager with perfect skin, as it works fairly well for my 15 year old daughter.
Also, I believe I picked the lightest shade and it was still a bit too dark for me, I'm usually an NC20.

Yes. Yes.

Oh my GOD, yes.

YES baby, lay it on me NOW!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I'm finished creaming my jeans, let me just say that this is now my holy grail foundation. I may experiment here and there with other brands -- or even mix them into this one on creative-minded evenings -- but this will always be my go-to.

First of all: This stuff is THICK, baby, which is why I think any full coverage-loving beauty fanatic should and will love this. Thing is, it is SO thick and delicious that you have to learn to use it right in order to get the best effect. If you use the amount you'd normally use with foundation, you may find yourself looking like a dummy in a wax museum, ha, so experiment. This is formulated to cover tattoos, so figure that.

I find that, for best results, you hardly need ANY. I'm talking just tap a little of the excess from around the tube opening, and it will most likely do your whole face fine. Use a beauty blender, your fingers or your fave brush to gently tap on and blend. BUILD, baby, don't cake. This stuff is beautifully, wonderfully, deliciously thick and will probably last at least half your lifetime because of it.

That might not be an exaggeration.

I plan to experiment with color to get a perfect match for my own pale-ass skin. I might mix in a little pinker-based foundation to get an even closer color match. That's the great thing about this stuff: You can use it on its own, or you can mix in other foundations (or even highlighters!) to play around with color, consistency, glow and such. By the way, this has a nice natural glow effect as well.

What I'm saying is that not only is this foundation aces on its own, it is also so good you can use it to create your own custom foundation blend if you're feeling creative and have a few extra minutes to play in front of the makeup mirror.

What I can't get over is the fact that this HG foundation is only $12 on Amazon. !!!!!Baby!!!!!!!!! Note to manufacturer: Please don't get a big head from this review and others like it and then hike up the price to designer levels. You've got a GREAT thing going on with cost effectiveness vs. value for your money, and I wouldn't even THINK about messing with that. You gals and guys are heroes for offering this kind of quality for that kind of price, and your customer base will thank you for it.

Again and again and again by coming back, probably for life.

One more benefit worth mentioning is the fact that, if you're in a rush, this foundation is so creamy batter-thick you don't even need concealer. Skip that step if you want to, it's ALL good.

Anyway, I just wanted to share to tip off fellow beauty addicts and, most of all, to show my appreciation for a foundation formula well done!

BRAVO, Dermacol!!!!!!!!! :-)

I will start my review by stating that :
This is NOT the fullest coverage product out there or nearly as hyped up as gurus typically make it out to be.

That being said, IT IS a WONDERFUL foundation. It gave me a matte to natural finish, lasts for hours, wears well, and blends beautifully.
I really am very impressed. I would say while this is not the fullest of full coverage, it is high to full coverage. It does cover basic blemishes well and gets rid of their discolorations, but does not cover to the point of where it concealed dark brown freckles. This foundation is everything that Milani's 2 in 1 hoped to be but failed to be. I paid around $12 for this foundation and quite honestly it leaves my face looking nearly flawless, however I will say it does crease slightly but absolutely nothing terrible. It is quite beautiful, and I do enjoy this. I personally think this is my favorite "affordable" foundation. And I honestly like the packaging, it is in a squeeze tube which does allow you to really get every last drop. I cannot say you will likely be disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this product after watching videos of it covering everything but my biggest problem was finding my shade I am dark my skin is black and there 214 is the darkest shade but I failed to find it on amazon and went for the 224 second to the darkest but it left me white as it's still to light for me I put very little and blended with a wet beauty blender and to cover all this white going on I needed to use my Bobbi brown foundation and then it was better am afraid of trying out the 214 as I think it still may not be as dark as it seems in the pictures
Has anyone else tried the 214 for dark skin?

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

First review? Can't belive it.
I live in Czech republic and this is a creme foundation from our brand Dermacol.
It is an extreme-full coverage foundation containing 50% of pigments, so it covers 5-3 times better than your average foundation.
You get 30g / 1 oz. for 6-30$ - depends on where do you buy it. (6$ in Czech republic, around 30$ in USA or Australia).
It comes in a tube made of plastic or alluminium (the new ones are plastic), the colour of the packaging is golden.
There are 13 shades avaible - from 207-224. The lightest one is 208, it is almost a white colour with neutral undertone. (btw - it doesn't always mean that the higher the number the darker the colour.. check swatches online).
So, the consistency is thick and creamy. The product is not really blendeable, you have to put it on some piece of plastic (or palette, i don't recommend your hand) and use a 190 MAC (or any other similar brush) to apply it.
Many people use it as a concealer because it covers even more than most of the concealers on the market.
I mix it with primer or moisturizer to get medium-full coverage & better blendeability.
The finish is semi-matte, you have to use a primer and powder to make it matte.
It lasts all day.
It is silicone, paraben, alcohol and talc-free.

My HG foundation that I use everyday.
I am NC20-25 and I use colour 221 mixed with a little bit of 208 in winter and 221 by itself in summer.