Dermacol Make-Up Cover

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

3.5

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bough Dermacol in shade 207 from their website. I have very dry skin so I had to exfoliate and moisturise my face then use primer but it still settled into fine lines and dry skin a little bit. It was easy to blend, (the texture reminded me a bit of Maybelline dream matte mousse.) It didn't totally cover my freckles, however I only applied a sheer layer. It seems to cover any redness or dark under eye shadows etc quite well and evens out skin tone without needing to use concealer. I'd say the result was similar to Revlon colorstay foundation except the Dermacol oxidized/ turned a bit pinky-orange after a couple of hours, whereas the Revlon colorstay doesn't. It didn't smudge off or transfer, probably because I didn't apply a very thick layer.
Overall it's not a bad foundation but not the miracle product I was hoping. I might try mixing it with other products and see what happens.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think I have tried every foundation out there, as soon as one runs out I'm looking for a new one because I've never been happy with one. I was convinced make up just didn't last on my skin due to being very dry. Even though I moisturise and use a primer. I came across this one on eBay and my first thought was it couldn't be any good because it was so cheap. However I purchased it and tried it. Couldn't believe the coverage I had when I first tried it, and it blended so easily. I initially thought it was to light for my skin but as soon and I had finished, (contouring, highlighting etc) it looked fine. I can even use it when I have fake tan, it some how adapts. It does need to be set, either powder or setting spray as I find it feels sticky and transfers onto anything otherwise. Especially because I blend all the way down my neck so it was all over my clothes at first. So be careful to set it. This is by far the best foundation I have found, I'm always surprised when I look in the mirror after work and my make up is still put! Exactly what I wanted!

Video Reviews & Tutorials