Dermacol Make-up Cover

Filtered by skin type : Other

4.2

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Recieved the Dermacol makeup cover this morning, i could’nt wait to try it, omg what aloud of rubbish.
It looked so good on the advert, take it from me, it is rubbish.
Its full of oil, and it does NOT dry out...
2 hours ago i put this over my tattoo that i want coverd, and its still wet 🙄
Does this stuff even dry out?
As for the part that the water doesnt take it off, thats balls, because it comes of without any water.
Would i buy it again? Not a hope in hell.

Im 24. Very very fair neutral desaturated skin. Very dry. Porous. Redness on cheeks and jaw. Slight acne scarring and usually have a few pimples.

What I'm after in a foundation:
- texture reduction
- perfect colour match
- dewy or matte finish possible
- the finish I initially achieve lasting
- not settling into lines or creavaces
- the finish not being too disturbed by sweating or oil production.

I quite like this and find it fits all of what I'm looking for to some degree.

For starters the lightest colour is pretty good compared to 95% of brands, but I don't think they have a good darker skin tone range. Most foundations look too saturated, aka look orange or pink, so I'm very neutral, lacking in colour and sickly looking.
The only skin product that matches me is Nars radient creamy concealer in Chantilly. I have the dermacol makeup cover in 208 (lightest shade) which is slightly too dark, but easily gotten around by mixing the product.

I usually find most foundation and concealer products settle into my every crevasse , this however does not!!! It is dewy , you need a tiny amount and it somehow feels lighter on the skin than most medium and full cover foundations. As it's 50% pigment it clings a lil to dry patches, but so long as you pat them down and don't use a brush it's fine they they will stay down.
What I love about this is the versatility. I use it straight from tube as a heavy duty concealer, and I mix with my favourite BB cream ('laikou colour correction foundation' colour 2) for a foundation. If you like experimenting and mixing you'll probably find a way to make this work well for you.

My testing process and results:

I didn't prime. I mixed the dermacol with the bb; which is very dewy, little coverage and grey in colour. Tbh all it did was thin the product out so I can confidently say that the results are from the dermacol.

I applied with a brush all over and then used essence matt setting spray on my sponge and patted it all over. It blended very well, was lightweight, looked like skin, and didn't settle into creavaces. It is fragranced, may be overpowering for some but I like the smell.
Then I took some from the tube and applied to pimples, scaring and a dark brown mole. It covered the pimples relatively well, but the mole wouldn't disappear, I tried layering but a no go, perhaps it was my technique? (I'm fine with the mole was purely to test it's coverage). I then patted a little bit of rmca powder over my face.

So I work at a hot sticky dominos shop and these are the results at the end of the day:

The day's work was hectic, I was sweaty and flustered. End of the day and my coverage had thinned a tiny bit. No foundation has held up this well before, as it's waterproof it stayed super well through the sweating (the sweat just passed through it without disturbing the finish). A problem I have with loads of foundations is that regardless of how nice they look at first, I end up with patchy, clinging , porous and extremely textured skin within a few hours. This is probably exacerbated by my sweaty nature. I am particularly happy with the lack of texture my skin has wearing this!
It is definitely not oil proof though and I think someone with oily skin would not have the same lasting power.
It barely settled into my undereye creases and not at all in my nasolabial creases!! (An absolute first for me). I found my skin quite dewy verging on oily, which I like the look of as my skin is so freaking dry.

Last thing I should mention is that there are a lot of FAKES out there, especially on eBay and Amazon. For example there shouldn't be separating of product, it should be thick not liquidy. There are loads of videos showing the difference. I notice a couple of reviewers maybe have received fake products .

TIPs:
-Don't apply too much at first, it will be more likely to settle, cake, and crease. Also its buildable, so better to start small.
-Try use a small amount of powder, as it is so full coverage that powder can make it cakey.
- If you don't like how it transfers or a dewy look: I got past this by using a matte setting spray to pat it in with a sponge + a thin layer of powder (kneeded into my sponge, followed with a flick for even distribution)
- I think I avoided under eye creasing by applying it mixed with BB cream and thinned the mixture the closer it got to my lower lash line. I used a very small amount, but still got good coverage.

This will cover up all of your sins. I can be up until 3 in the morning for 3 nights in a row, slap this on and go to work at 8 and still have people compliment my skin on day three. I don't think I've ever had so many compliments on my skin since I started using this. I'm nearing 30, have a few fine lines and mostly normal skin. This does tend to gather around my nose, but so do all foundations unfortunately. I always make sure to really warm it up between my fingers before dabbing it onto my face and blending with a beauty blender. Hopefully this becomes more widely available in the US in the future. :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I cant say enough good things about this im a performer and i suffer badly with psoriasis. I use dermacol when im performing and also as a under eye concealer and its really amazing the small amount you need to cover a very large area.
This has renewed by confidence on stage when im singing i no longer worry people are looking at my psoriasis. My sister also uses in for ger virtiligo

This foundation has a full coverage and SPF 30, which is hard to find. I used Merle Norman for some time but none of their 13 foundations can compete with this one.
My grandmother had been using it for ages and I remember putting on as a little girl for fun. But really! It's Anti-Aging, Hypoallergenic, Waterproof, very professional and for all skin types. It gives you Matte look and protects your skin from outdoor damage.
Dermacol has some other great products.

Video Reviews & Tutorials