Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.6

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS HERE, SO I LOOKED AT THE PROFILES OF SOME OF THESE MEMBERS AND I BELIEVE THEIR REVIEWS ARE FAKE. MANY OF THEM REGISTERED THE DAY OF, OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEIR REVIEW, AND THIS PRODUCT IS THEIR ONLY REVIEW. I HAVE FLAGGED THEM AND ASK OTHERS TO INVESTIGATE REVIEWS THEY FIND TO BE A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEWER PRODUCTS.
**lucasguo - just a few reviews below mine
https://www.makeupalley.com/p~lucasguo for example is obviously a seller or employee, look at "her" profile.

Review:
I made sure to buy directly from Dermacol's site so that i could be sure I received an authentic product.
This covers amazingly well, with very little product, and looks flawless AT FIRST. But it never sets, it stays oily, it's basically like a silicone with powder pigment in it. It comes off like crazy, even after setting with powder.
It also settles into lines and pores after a short period, and begins looking just messy, for me. I don't have very large pores or deep lines, but it makes them look much worse.
It may work better for a teenager with perfect skin, as it works fairly well for my 15 year old daughter.
Also, I believe I picked the lightest shade and it was still a bit too dark for me, I'm usually an NC20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK so first off, find a seller who deals in the authentic product. If you are after seriously full coverage, this bad boy is for you. It's also great for mixing with other foundations - get shade 208 for a full coverage light mixer if you're after one. The finish is almost a powdery but natural finish. Would not recommend for use under the eyes unless you're going for the crepey eye bag vibe. Problem with it is, is that it transfers like a bitch. It has its place in the old make up draw though.

I'm not sure it's a super foundation but it's a great concealer! If you apply it as foundation, it looks heavy and your skin loses all its natural shadows, so you'll def need to contour highlight. The finish is more than satin, its dewy and very soft, kinda like skin only better. However, if you don't set with powder, it rubs off. But if you do set it with powder, it looks heavy...you can't win.
As a concealer tho it's bomb! You can cover under eye darkness, zits, whatever u got going on. I would apply it on top of foundation if using it as concealer, and if under the eyes, don't apply foundation there--just this over a corrector if needed. IMO depending on the foundation and how much stuff u need to cover, you don't have to set with powder...in fact setting spray makes it look best as a concealer. I do use a bit of powder under my eyes if I'm wearing a heavy eye cream or using eye pencils. Does that kinda make sense? If you're more dry/powdered you can use this straight without setting powder, but if you're just using setting sprays and greasy stuff like pencils, def set it w powder. It covers really well. Again, however much u need to cover can make or break how it works. If u cover a large area, b sure to hilight/contour bc it erases all shadows and u look flat and weird.
There isn't a huge learning curve with this....just try different techniques and see what u like. I love the coverage esp w a light bb or cushion foundation...really adds coverage but doesn't mess up the light no-makeup look.
I'd give this all 5 stars but the toothpaste type tube is dumb af. A pump would be nice or something you could dip your brush into or a spatula type lid...u use so little at a time no matter how u apply it, it's just a big pita to swipe prod off a tube. Plus it gets kinda messy around the cap. Just a pet peeve of mine.

So I purchased this after hearing (and seeing) so many rave reviews all over the Internet about this "amazing" full coverage foundation that could cover anything ranging from minor imperfections to tattoos, while managing to look completely "skin-like". When I heard this, I immediately thought, "I need this in my life". I have redness on my face from acne scarring and some sun spots and freckles on my cheeks. I purchased this directly from Dermacol, as I'd heard that there were lots of fakes being sold online and did not want to take the chance that I'd end up getting one of those. It was a bit difficult to figure out what shade to get by looking at the swatches that they show on their site but I settled on shade # 210 and hoped for the best. When I received it and opened it up, I immediately realized that it was not my color match. It had too much of a pink undertone to it even though it was supposed to have neutral undertones. Strike one. I figured I would try it out anyway for the sake of seeing how it applied and looked on the skin. I used a pea sized amount as I'd seen many people achieve a full coverage effect using that much. Let me tell you, it was not what I expected in terms of coverage. This is supposed to be full coverage makeup and yet, it did not hide ANY of the red marks on my face from acne. Like not one. I could visibly see them poking through the foundation. It didn't cover my freckles or sun spots either. I tried to "build it up" by using half a pea sized amount to those specific problem areas but it didn't help. It just sat there, looking textured on those spots, and all the while I felt like it was mocking me by emphasizing the redness and imperfections on my face. Like seriously, there is no way this covers tattoos if it can't even cover a freaking freckle. I had to go in with my concealer and spot conceal those areas which, in all honesty, is completely ridiculous and royally p*ssed me off since the whole point of getting a full coverage foundation is to eliminate that extra step. Strike 2. The final let down was that I looked like I was wearing an oily (not dewy or luminous, just straight up oily) mask. Strike 3. It in no way looks "natural" unless you consider clown makeup to be an essential part of your makeup routine. I do not have oily skin, I typically have normal to dry skin so I can't imagine how this would look on anyone with an oily complexion but I'm thinking it wouldn't be too cute. Basically, I feel that even if I had gotten the perfect shade match, this foundation is pure cr*p and does not live up to its claims. I have used several medium coverage foundations that work better than this. If you're considering getting this product, I feel like you should save your money and move along. There are way better options out there than this "hot mess" of a foundation.

For my face 209 was perfect for my skin – a light ivory shade. Below, I discovered an infographic which will help you further in choosing the shade for you!
make-up.
BENEFITS:
Waterproof
Hypoallergenic
For all skin types
SPF 30
Preservative free
COVERAGE: Full (extreme)
Dermacol COVER YOUR TATTOO WITH less 10$ FOUNDATION!!

This is the best foundation ever! I believe that some ladies must have received fake version of this foundation if they don’t feel that this is full a coverage.
My skin is combination , oily on T zone and normal on check. This foundation works really well on my skin. It’s not matte but it’s not super glowy either. It makes my skin looking healthy and fresh while providing amazing coverage without drying out my skin like other full coverage foundations such as Estée Lauder sw or Marc jacobs remarcable. It lasts relatively well during the day , not as long as ELDW but i don’t mind to touch up if I need to as it doesn’t cake up. It photographs beautifully, doesn’t clog my pores or cause break outs. The biggest pLus is a price. It’s very affordable. The main downside to me is a colour range. The shades are more on pink/neutral side. There are not many yellow/olive shades. However this is not an issue for me. A bit of cream bronzer will fix it. Overall great foundation. Highly recommend but please be aware of fakes!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Very full coverage and thick. It's a little bit too emollient for my oily skin and seems to separate underneath my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did not expect to like this as much as I do. For starters, shade #208 is an exact match for my skin, exact. This shade is described as "cold porcelain". Not how I think of my skin tone but it works. At any rate I almost always have to buy the lightest shade of any foundation and I've never had an exact match before. Second, you really don't have to use much at all. Less than a pea covers my whole face with a beauty blender. Less if you're using a brush or your fingers. I recently wore this for a 16 hour shift at my hospital. I felt exausted but my skin looked really good. I have, what I would consider, normal skin right now, it was very oily for much of my life but has settled down considerably since hitting my (cough) mature years. I probably could not have worn this 10 years ago because Dermacol is on the more moisturizing side of the foundation spectrum. I, obviously, got the authentic version, but there are fakes out there which wouldn't be nearly as good. On the whole it's a fantastic bargain. I ordered from Amazon but you can get it elsewhere too.

Im 24. Very very fair neutral desaturated skin. Very dry. Porous. Redness on cheeks and jaw. Slight acne scarring and usually have a few pimples.

What I'm after in a foundation:
- texture reduction
- perfect colour match
- dewy or matte finish possible
- the finish I initially achieve lasting
- not settling into lines or creavaces
- the finish not being too disturbed by sweating or oil production.

I quite like this and find it fits all of what I'm looking for to some degree.

For starters the lightest colour is pretty good compared to 95% of brands, but I don't think they have a good darker skin tone range. Most foundations look too saturated, aka look orange or pink, so I'm very neutral, lacking in colour and sickly looking.
The only skin product that matches me is Nars radient creamy concealer in Chantilly. I have the dermacol makeup cover in 208 (lightest shade) which is slightly too dark, but easily gotten around by mixing the product.

I usually find most foundation and concealer products settle into my every crevasse , this however does not!!! It is dewy , you need a tiny amount and it somehow feels lighter on the skin than most medium and full cover foundations. As it's 50% pigment it clings a lil to dry patches, but so long as you pat them down and don't use a brush it's fine they they will stay down.
What I love about this is the versatility. I use it straight from tube as a heavy duty concealer, and I mix with my favourite BB cream ('laikou colour correction foundation' colour 2) for a foundation. If you like experimenting and mixing you'll probably find a way to make this work well for you.

My testing process and results:

I didn't prime. I mixed the dermacol with the bb; which is very dewy, little coverage and grey in colour. Tbh all it did was thin the product out so I can confidently say that the results are from the dermacol.

I applied with a brush all over and then used essence matt setting spray on my sponge and patted it all over. It blended very well, was lightweight, looked like skin, and didn't settle into creavaces. It is fragranced, may be overpowering for some but I like the smell.
Then I took some from the tube and applied to pimples, scaring and a dark brown mole. It covered the pimples relatively well, but the mole wouldn't disappear, I tried layering but a no go, perhaps it was my technique? (I'm fine with the mole was purely to test it's coverage). I then patted a little bit of rmca powder over my face.

So I work at a hot sticky dominos shop and these are the results at the end of the day:

The day's work was hectic, I was sweaty and flustered. End of the day and my coverage had thinned a tiny bit. No foundation has held up this well before, as it's waterproof it stayed super well through the sweating (the sweat just passed through it without disturbing the finish). A problem I have with loads of foundations is that regardless of how nice they look at first, I end up with patchy, clinging , porous and extremely textured skin within a few hours. This is probably exacerbated by my sweaty nature. I am particularly happy with the lack of texture my skin has wearing this!
It is definitely not oil proof though and I think someone with oily skin would not have the same lasting power.
It barely settled into my undereye creases and not at all in my nasolabial creases!! (An absolute first for me). I found my skin quite dewy verging on oily, which I like the look of as my skin is so freaking dry.

Last thing I should mention is that there are a lot of FAKES out there, especially on eBay and Amazon. For example there shouldn't be separating of product, it should be thick not liquidy. There are loads of videos showing the difference. I notice a couple of reviewers maybe have received fake products .

TIPs:
-Don't apply too much at first, it will be more likely to settle, cake, and crease. Also its buildable, so better to start small.
-Try use a small amount of powder, as it is so full coverage that powder can make it cakey.
- If you don't like how it transfers or a dewy look: I got past this by using a matte setting spray to pat it in with a sponge + a thin layer of powder (kneeded into my sponge, followed with a flick for even distribution)
- I think I avoided under eye creasing by applying it mixed with BB cream and thinned the mixture the closer it got to my lower lash line. I used a very small amount, but still got good coverage.

Yes. Yes.

Oh my GOD, yes.

YES baby, lay it on me NOW!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I'm finished creaming my jeans, let me just say that this is now my holy grail foundation. I may experiment here and there with other brands -- or even mix them into this one on creative-minded evenings -- but this will always be my go-to.

First of all: This stuff is THICK, baby, which is why I think any full coverage-loving beauty fanatic should and will love this. Thing is, it is SO thick and delicious that you have to learn to use it right in order to get the best effect. If you use the amount you'd normally use with foundation, you may find yourself looking like a dummy in a wax museum, ha, so experiment. This is formulated to cover tattoos, so figure that.

I find that, for best results, you hardly need ANY. I'm talking just tap a little of the excess from around the tube opening, and it will most likely do your whole face fine. Use a beauty blender, your fingers or your fave brush to gently tap on and blend. BUILD, baby, don't cake. This stuff is beautifully, wonderfully, deliciously thick and will probably last at least half your lifetime because of it.

That might not be an exaggeration.

I plan to experiment with color to get a perfect match for my own pale-ass skin. I might mix in a little pinker-based foundation to get an even closer color match. That's the great thing about this stuff: You can use it on its own, or you can mix in other foundations (or even highlighters!) to play around with color, consistency, glow and such. By the way, this has a nice natural glow effect as well.

What I'm saying is that not only is this foundation aces on its own, it is also so good you can use it to create your own custom foundation blend if you're feeling creative and have a few extra minutes to play in front of the makeup mirror.

What I can't get over is the fact that this HG foundation is only $12 on Amazon. !!!!!Baby!!!!!!!!! Note to manufacturer: Please don't get a big head from this review and others like it and then hike up the price to designer levels. You've got a GREAT thing going on with cost effectiveness vs. value for your money, and I wouldn't even THINK about messing with that. You gals and guys are heroes for offering this kind of quality for that kind of price, and your customer base will thank you for it.

Again and again and again by coming back, probably for life.

One more benefit worth mentioning is the fact that, if you're in a rush, this foundation is so creamy batter-thick you don't even need concealer. Skip that step if you want to, it's ALL good.

Anyway, I just wanted to share to tip off fellow beauty addicts and, most of all, to show my appreciation for a foundation formula well done!

BRAVO, Dermacol!!!!!!!!! :-)