Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.6

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

First of all this foundation looks horrible on the skin. You can expect a full coverage foundation to be a bit visible on your face when you look close, but this looks ridiculous. I would never go out wearing this. It does look pretty good in photos though, so if you intend to use it for selfies or something along those lines that should work fine.

Second, it doesn't really cover as well as it's said to do. It is a full coverage foundation and cover more than most other products, but it doesn't even fully cover a small red mark I have on my cheek even after I applied 4 layers of foundation on that spot, so it's by no means a miracle product.

Third of all... Oh the shine. I have dry skin and with this foundation on even I looked like I had sprayed cooking oil all over my face. It tried putting powder over it to get rid of the shine, but the powder brush was sticking to my face because it was so "oily" (the foundation doesn't really ever "dry", it just sits wet on top of it) and the powder did nothing to take away the oily look. So if you already have oily skin then I wouldn't buy this.

Then it's the colors. I got the lightest shade (208) and it was still too dark. If you have very fair skin you know it's mission impossible to find a foundation that actually match your skin tone, and unfortunately this one won't do either. So if you're very fair and want the foundation to actually match your skin tone, then don't bother getting this one.

One word - GREASEBALL.

Do NOT buy this unless you want your skin to break out, regardless of your skin type. It is like rubbing oil covered in peach coloured paint over your face. The only place this would look good is in the theatre for a 1 hour show when it's under harsh lights and then removed. THis is NOT for general use! You will look like a clown!

I've been posting a lot of bad reviews recently, but I am DONE buying cheap, no name, Facebook ad makeup pushed by paid beauty gurus that lie. This stuff is a nasty. greasy mess. It's all mineral oil crap and there is no sunscreen in it. The Amazon ad claims (at the time I purchased it) that it had an SPF 30 in it, but it's just a bald face lie. The website for this company made the same claim. This goes into my Juvia's Place category of Clown Makeup. Overhyped garbage. It's just pigment, vaseline , mineral oil and perfume. Fortunately, Amazon has easy returns.

I bought this twice, first time it was a fake one (I didn't knew at the time) and it was a disgussting pure messy, blotchy hard to blende and with laughable lasting power, then I saw a friend who raved about the stuff and lo and behold, our products were different, even being the same shade mine ran lighter. I decided to give it another go and HO HO SO GOOD, on normal day I wear some light foundation or bb but on bad skin days or when I'm running late and can't be bothered to put effort on my face I use 1/3 of a pea sized amount and get flawless skin like coverage for my face and my neighboors face (the little goes a long way it's very much true with this). I work on a hospital and this survives my long shifts no problem unless I run up and down the stairs like a madman and sweat (it's not oil proof fellas) and even then I can touch up in a less than a min and then I look flawless again. It also looks beautiful mixed with primer or moisturizer, hell it made me love again an old bb cream I never used because of its nonexistent coverage (the fake one can't really be mixed, and when you finally manage to do it it separates).

If you thought this was sh*t on first try, do check if it's not a fake one, the diference between the original and the copy IS HUGE, and I almost missed out on such a great product.

absolute WORST makeup i've ever bought! $30 and it does NOT cover one thing. PLEASE DO NOT waste your money!!!!!

Theres been alot of hype about this product, iv seen the raving reviews thousands of times on fb and im always pessimistic about " AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS" on the market.
I was running low on my normal foundation and thought what the hell ill give it ago.
Iv always struggled with moderate acne amd acne scaring so i do have problem skin.
The product goes on nice and smoothly and does cover reasonably well , but with quite a heavy load and only using blotching motions rather then sweeping, throughout the day it does feel oily amd greasy and wears off quicker than expected.
It does however give your skin a nice glow, as i do have quite a dull skin tone.
For the price it is very good i paid £9 for a 30g tube, i will be sticking to my estee lauder doublewear in the future tho

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation/concealer. I am fair and very pink and I can use either 211 (a tiny bit dark but usable) or 207 (a bit better match). I uploaded a color chart with descriptions of the colors. If you are not pinkish, don't buy the "cool" colors and no, 207 is not the lightest, 208 is by about two shades. ;-) Do not buy 208 unless you are very fair or like a very light concealer or want to highlight. 209 is very peach, can't imagine anyone naturally being that color, even though I have used it in a pinch and with a neutral powder, it isn't bad on me! LOL To round off the colors I've used, 210 isn't pink enough for me. Don't forget, that the higher the number does not necessarily mean it is darker.
As other reviews have stated, this is very concentrated so start with less than you think you will need. I like to use my fingers as a brush or sponge is much too much product to look even remotely natural. I can go from about medium coverage to very full depending on how much I use. I would not recommend trying to go too full of coverage as it would be very mask like, even with a good shade match.
This is dewy on me even after I set it with powder but it doesn't transfer very much and it does last all day. I use two face creams and an SPF under this, it would be less dewy if I didn't use as many emollients. I've used it in the desert where I live and on vacation in Hawaii and I get great lasting power with both. I actually like the bit more dewy look I get in the humid climates.
This is not rated with any SPF but does have physical sunscreen ingredients.
Overall, a great, affordable foundation that works well with my "mature" skin.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been interested in trying this because I've heard some great things. After testing it for about a week, I think I've gotten a good feel for how it works on my skin.

The coverage, what it's known for, is insane. I tested it over my black tattoos and you actually can truly achieve complete coverage, which I've never had before, even from other foundations that claim to cover tattoos. So the full coverage aspect is 100% legit. The first time I used it, I used as much as I do with my UD All Nighter (also pretty full coverage) and it was easily about 4 times too much, so a little of this goes a LONG way.

I've noticed over the years that my skin is becoming more oily. This product is extremely creamy, so if I don't prime well with a super mattifying primer and it's a busy day, I do find this slides on me. If I sheer it out (how I normally wear it), the sliding is minimal, but if I wear it at full coverage, this tends to wear off in patches in my T-zone that are extremely noticeable. This might be okay in something like a theater setting where you're going to be far away from the people seeing you, but not practical for everyday.

Because it's super creamy, I also have to be careful around my eyes because I find it settles into fine lines if you use too much, which is very easy to do.

Overall, it's not bad if used VERY sparingly (or even as a spot concealer), but I think if you intend on wearing it at fuller coverage, it might be a little better for drier skin types.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this product after watching videos of it covering everything but my biggest problem was finding my shade I am dark my skin is black and there 214 is the darkest shade but I failed to find it on amazon and went for the 224 second to the darkest but it left me white as it's still to light for me I put very little and blended with a wet beauty blender and to cover all this white going on I needed to use my Bobbi brown foundation and then it was better am afraid of trying out the 214 as I think it still may not be as dark as it seems in the pictures
Has anyone else tried the 214 for dark skin?

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is one of those products that reserve a permanent spot in your make up bag!

I've been using this for over a month, nearly everyday, for me this product has been a 'one product fix it all'
Prior to using dermacol i was lost for a concealer, tried all brands and correctors under those countless concealers, nothing worked as well as this brilliant formulation.

Its light on the skin, amazing consistency, sets brilliantly with translucent powder and i can happily add another layer of my usual foundation and powder by #mac #studiofix

i don't have acne scars however i was a very naughty child always tripping and falling and causing damage to my face, lol random scars that I can't normally hide as easy as I can with #dermacol

IMO: when a product does what it says on the packageing, its owed a 4 out of 5 and if it is affordable too, it deserves the full 5/5.
Nevertheless, everyone's skin responds differently, I hope this product works as well for all others as it does for me.

The only negative i could think of is the materiel used for its tube, it is so delicate that just a gentle push could squirt plenty out.
Howbeit, that's not enough to put me off, I might just buy a bucket load of these tubes and squeeze me my own tubfull. lmao

thanks #dermacol I've fallen in love all over again