Dermacol Make-up Cover

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Like most everyone else, I heard about this product from YouTube and it sounded mighty intriguing. This stuff covers at least as well as Kat Von D's foundation, and once it is on it likes to stay on until it is removed. It is waterproof but not oil proof, so it does still break down after a while. I don't really like it for a full face. Instead, I use it as an intensive concealer and buff it out, then I go over it with a more natural looking foundation. Using it this way, I think the tube will last forever. The coverage is no joke, and paired with a foundation on top, my makeup looks great all day, even during the summer. I took off one lippie because I absolutely hate the packaging and because I think the shade range leaves a lot to be desired, but this really is a wonderful product that surprised me.

This will cover up all of your sins. I can be up until 3 in the morning for 3 nights in a row, slap this on and go to work at 8 and still have people compliment my skin on day three. I don't think I've ever had so many compliments on my skin since I started using this. I'm nearing 30, have a few fine lines and mostly normal skin. This does tend to gather around my nose, but so do all foundations unfortunately. I always make sure to really warm it up between my fingers before dabbing it onto my face and blending with a beauty blender. Hopefully this becomes more widely available in the US in the future. :)

Was very excited to try this from the claims I had read.....Not as impressed as I had hoped to be. :(
Yes, it 100% covers EVERYTHING...for about 2-3 hours. After that, it starts to oxidize. Not a great look, especially on mature skin. I am 45 years old, and I don't have that much of an issue with wrinkles, at least I didn't think so until I tried this. If you have mature skin, this is not for you. It will show every nook and cranny!

I used 210, which was still too light, so I am in the process of trying to find another shade, which brings me to my next issue...finding a shade to fit your skin tone is nearly impossible! Gauging purely on swatches from the website is not conducive, but I digress, the price was very reasonable so I am not that upset about it being a loss.

So for my last issue. when you squeeze some out of the bottle to use, it just keeps coming out! It doesn't stop coming out! I wasted so much product upon opening the bottle. If anyone knows of a way to prevent this from happening, please let me know.

Over all, if you want coverage, have no wrinkles and perfect skin! This is great!

I was looking for a makeup to cover a few brown spots (probably due to sun exposure) for 30 years literally! I saw the ad for this showing tattoo coverage I was amazed. taking a chance, knowing that some products are not always what they are portrayed to be. Bottom line I was so happy to see that this makeup actually made my skin look wonderful even 8 hours later. My face looks healthier now! I purchase Number 212 , I am 68 years old, I have light olive complexion , number 212 seems to brighten my face and adds a glow almost.. I just love this makeup. My sister who has dark circles under her eyes has thrown out all the other products she has for cover up and only uses this make up. It is moist and doesn't dry the skin under the eye. Try it !!

I have combo skin, so although this works well coverage wise, I'm not overly excited on how it wears in my t-zone. This is an extremely thick and a well pigmented formula, where a little goes a long way. For me, It had a dewy finish and once I set the foundation it wasn't long before my oils were showing through.

This formula will definitely find your fine lines and let the world know all about every nook and cranny on you face lol. So for me that was a bit of a bummer. I used Dermacol gold primer with this and definitely wasn't happy. I did find that if I used Ani Sue primer I did have better luck with my pores and fine lines. However, shine will forever be an issue.

Overall, this will cover everything and anything including those skeletons in your closets haha. The coverage is definitely the best I have every tried.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because of thataylaa's review in YouTube. I have the same skin as her, severe cystic acne, but my skin is dry instead of oily.

I bought this off of eBay and based on the pictures I've seen of fakes, I got the real thing. I got the shade 208 and it's a perfect match to my skin. I usually prefer to wear foundations a shade or two darker, but it's good to have a perfect match in case you need it.

The consistency is very thick and creamy. It has an interesting smell, I can't pin it down because I really don't know what it is, but I really like it. You need a pea size amount for your entire face, less if you have less to cover up. Because you need so little, you're always applying a very thin amount, so your skin still shows through and makes it look very natural. I use a flat top wet n wild brush to apply this, because a damp sponge doesn't seem to agree with the product and I can't get it to spread around and blend correctly. I would recommend any densely packed foundation brush in general. This almost completely covers everything. I say almost because there's something about my skin or acne that seems to keep this product from working completely.

Here's the negative: I do NOT apply this product to my acne prone areas or on top of my acne. (My jawline and chin basically) I apply it everywhere BUT those areas, then apply a DIFFERENT foundation to my acne prone areas, and a little bit of the other foundation on TOP of the dermacol areas to make it match the rest of my face. That sounds complicated, but this foundation unbelievably breaks me out. Huge, painful cysts that take over month to clear up. After I found out this foundation breaks me out, I decided I would make it work for me somehow. So far it hasn't further broken me out as long as I don't apply it to the areas of my face that are prone to acne.

The finish is EXTREMELY dewy, I don't understand how people can think this is a satin finish, on me it looks super dewy and luminous. Which is beautiful and I don't mind it, but I do have to set it with a powder or else it's just too shiny. What I love most about this foundation is how waterproof it is. I'm a very sweaty person, and I live in Florida. 99% of foundations literally melt off of my forehead within 2 minutes of stepping outside. Dermacol stays on all day and night. I could literally try to wipe it off with my hand and it would stay put. That's why I like to layer other foundations on top of a thin layer of dermacol - it adds amazing staying power and coverage.

Overall I am really glad I spent the money on this, and I would definitely buy it again. Be careful with this if you are acne prone.

Covers absolutely any blemish, looks a bit cakey tho.....

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a sucker for high coverage/pigmented products. Whether if it's lipstick, eyeshadow, concealer or foundation. You can have them sheer or go for the bold thing. I heard about this product from Youtube (recommendation list) and I couldn't believe this has 50% pigments. I have some freckles, dark undereye shadows and sometimes pimples. And I knew this foundation is the key to cover all of those "problem" areas. The shade selection is a problem since you only can relate to videos or pictures from the Internet. I ordered some shades and 211 seems to be good for winter. 208 is the lightest and can be used for highlighting. You can order a darker shade for shaping your face (and body), too. The consistency feels very creamy and is easy to work with. You need a pea size to cover your whole face and your neck, too. And from the rest you can add extra coverage to the problem areas (dark under eyes, pimples, freckles, scares, tattoos,...). Appy it with the tool of your choice and see which works best for you. I'd like to take an oval brush or a flat kabuki (Lamora) since I think the BB sucks too much product (and yes, I use it damp but still don't like this). The foundation covers everything you want to hide. I look like a puppet which I don't think it's bad. For special events or clubbing it's enough. But for everyday I use my other foundations and only add some Dermacol Make-up Cover to the problem areas. On its own, the foundation doesn't last long. It separates on my nose and fine lines (yes, even with fixing powder). I recommend mixing it with your favorite long lasting foundation (it will add the best coverage to the sheerest liquid foundation). Overall, you can make this foundation work if you know how to use it for your purposes. And it's so cheap. Have a look at the policies of the websites that sell this baby (returning used products). And don't forget to send an email to Dermacol to ask who is an authorized seller because I've seen some good fake versions of this on YouTube (it was really hard to spot them as fake).

This is an interesting product.
It is the texture of like creamy paint but warms up to a smooth texture.
I need to set this with a powder.

Pros:
The coverage is great!
Applies well
Doesn't break me out

Cons:
Doesn't last as long as I wanted (only 5 hours)
Can look cakey if you apply too much.
Is not transfer proof.

I wouldn't wear this out to clubs as it would sweat off very quickly.
Overall I like it, its not my favourite though.

Now that's a full coverage foundation! The tiniest amount will cover your whole face. I almost never wear full coverage but I like to have various formulas in my collection (foundation is my fave makeup product), plus it's cheap (~6 euros).
It has a nice, satin finish, it's long lasting (though not as long and "bulletproof" as ELDW). Smells a bit like a Nivea Creme. Applies best with beauty blender. One tube will probably last me for a lifetime so it's an amazing deal.
But I can use only as a concealer. Because the shade range shucks- I bought the lightest, 208, and it's too "beige" for my yellow olive undertones (NC10 in depth), plus oxidizes and turns even more pink- it looks pretty bad, like I'm wearing a mask. The other shades are too dark. If you can find your match and you like full coverage, it's definitely foundation to try.