Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.8

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I bought this because of thataylaa's review in YouTube. I have the same skin as her, severe cystic acne, but my skin is dry instead of oily.

I bought this off of eBay and based on the pictures I've seen of fakes, I got the real thing. I got the shade 208 and it's a perfect match to my skin. I usually prefer to wear foundations a shade or two darker, but it's good to have a perfect match in case you need it.

The consistency is very thick and creamy. It has an interesting smell, I can't pin it down because I really don't know what it is, but I really like it. You need a pea size amount for your entire face, less if you have less to cover up. Because you need so little, you're always applying a very thin amount, so your skin still shows through and makes it look very natural. I use a flat top wet n wild brush to apply this, because a damp sponge doesn't seem to agree with the product and I can't get it to spread around and blend correctly. I would recommend any densely packed foundation brush in general. This almost completely covers everything. I say almost because there's something about my skin or acne that seems to keep this product from working completely.

Here's the negative: I do NOT apply this product to my acne prone areas or on top of my acne. (My jawline and chin basically) I apply it everywhere BUT those areas, then apply a DIFFERENT foundation to my acne prone areas, and a little bit of the other foundation on TOP of the dermacol areas to make it match the rest of my face. That sounds complicated, but this foundation unbelievably breaks me out. Huge, painful cysts that take over month to clear up. After I found out this foundation breaks me out, I decided I would make it work for me somehow. So far it hasn't further broken me out as long as I don't apply it to the areas of my face that are prone to acne.

The finish is EXTREMELY dewy, I don't understand how people can think this is a satin finish, on me it looks super dewy and luminous. Which is beautiful and I don't mind it, but I do have to set it with a powder or else it's just too shiny. What I love most about this foundation is how waterproof it is. I'm a very sweaty person, and I live in Florida. 99% of foundations literally melt off of my forehead within 2 minutes of stepping outside. Dermacol stays on all day and night. I could literally try to wipe it off with my hand and it would stay put. That's why I like to layer other foundations on top of a thin layer of dermacol - it adds amazing staying power and coverage.

Overall I am really glad I spent the money on this, and I would definitely buy it again. Be careful with this if you are acne prone.

Covers absolutely any blemish, looks a bit cakey tho.....

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This has nothing to do with the product just letting people know be careful ordering of amazon for I got ripped off!
Try getting it straight from the company but I found it hard and couldn't so I got it from somone off amazon and it was a knock off....

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a sucker for high coverage/pigmented products. Whether if it's lipstick, eyeshadow, concealer or foundation. You can have them sheer or go for the bold thing. I heard about this product from Youtube (recommendation list) and I couldn't believe this has 50% pigments. I have some freckles, dark undereye shadows and sometimes pimples. And I knew this foundation is the key to cover all of those "problem" areas. The shade selection is a problem since you only can relate to videos or pictures from the Internet. I ordered some shades and 211 seems to be good for winter. 208 is the lightest and can be used for highlighting. You can order a darker shade for shaping your face (and body), too. The consistency feels very creamy and is easy to work with. You need a pea size to cover your whole face and your neck, too. And from the rest you can add extra coverage to the problem areas (dark under eyes, pimples, freckles, scares, tattoos,...). Appy it with the tool of your choice and see which works best for you. I'd like to take an oval brush or a flat kabuki (Lamora) since I think the BB sucks too much product (and yes, I use it damp but still don't like this). The foundation covers everything you want to hide. I look like a puppet which I don't think it's bad. For special events or clubbing it's enough. But for everyday I use my other foundations and only add some Dermacol Make-up Cover to the problem areas. On its own, the foundation doesn't last long. It separates on my nose and fine lines (yes, even with fixing powder). I recommend mixing it with your favorite long lasting foundation (it will add the best coverage to the sheerest liquid foundation). Overall, you can make this foundation work if you know how to use it for your purposes. And it's so cheap. Have a look at the policies of the websites that sell this baby (returning used products). And don't forget to send an email to Dermacol to ask who is an authorized seller because I've seen some good fake versions of this on YouTube (it was really hard to spot them as fake).

This is an interesting product.
It is the texture of like creamy paint but warms up to a smooth texture.
I need to set this with a powder.

Pros:
The coverage is great!
Applies well
Doesn't break me out

Cons:
Doesn't last as long as I wanted (only 5 hours)
Can look cakey if you apply too much.
Is not transfer proof.

I wouldn't wear this out to clubs as it would sweat off very quickly.
Overall I like it, its not my favourite though.

Now that's a full coverage foundation! The tiniest amount will cover your whole face. I almost never wear full coverage but I like to have various formulas in my collection (foundation is my fave makeup product), plus it's cheap (~6 euros).
It has a nice, satin finish, it's long lasting (though not as long and "bulletproof" as ELDW). Smells a bit like a Nivea Creme. Applies best with beauty blender. One tube will probably last me for a lifetime so it's an amazing deal.
But I can use only as a concealer. Because the shade range shucks- I bought the lightest, 208, and it's too "beige" for my yellow olive undertones (NC10 in depth), plus oxidizes and turns even more pink- it looks pretty bad, like I'm wearing a mask. The other shades are too dark. If you can find your match and you like full coverage, it's definitely foundation to try.

I am medium pale. The shade 211 is perfect in winter. Blends wonderfully. I do set it with powder. Lasts all day. Have ordered 215 and 223 for summer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

April 25, 2017 EDIT

I got the 208 from the authorized distributor today. It's a better shad match for me (NC 15). I am currently mixing the 207 and 208 together and am loving it. I have posted the authentic Swatch of 208.
April 17, 2017 EDIT

So, I am 95% sure that the Dermacol I had was a fake (I bought it on eBay). I really wanted to try this foundation, though. So, in the end, I went to Dermacol's official website and contacted customer service. I explained that there were so many fakes and asked if someone could direct me to where I could purchase the authentic one. I am located in Russia, and I can tell you that the ONLY authorized distributor in Russia is Sinij Slon (Синий Слон). I ordered 207 from this company and the invisible fixing powder. The real foundation is AMAZING! 207 looks pretty orange in the tube and when swatched on my wrist (I'm NC13/15). However, when I put it on my face, somehow it blends in perfectly with my skin. Today I put in a new order for 208. I'll try to take some pictures of the swatches and post them here. I also really loved the fixing powder. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE ON DEMACOL'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE and find out where you can purchase their products in your country from an authorized distributor. The real foundation is worth it!

I am leaving the following review for reference, but I believe that the foundation I purchased from eBay was a fake:

I tried this for the first time today. I have it in shade 208. It's an okay foundation, although I don't find it to be as full coverage as the reviews on YouTube claim. I have a flat, but very red zit right now and was not able to get this to totally cover the redness. My skin is nc13/15 and I would say the 208 is a shade too light for me. I plan to try mixing this with the eldw. To apply, I tried a beauty blender and two different brushes and finally my fingers. I think it applied best with my fingers and the brush. Seems to oxidize and look pinky orange. I will try this again soon and update my review.

This foundation is life changing. YouTube made me buy it. I'm in color 215. It matches my skin perfectly. It covers tattoos and any imperfections like a dream. But it's not an every day foundation. Great for special occasions or nights out. It covers everything, Hyper pigmentation, acne scars, blemishes. And a little teeny half a pea size covers your whole face. You need to work with it a bit to make it blend but once you do it looks like your skin but only better. I find it works better with a damp beauty blender than it does with a brush. I love it for my oily skin. Not sure about dry skin but maybe mix it with a bit of face oil. Its not exactly matte but it gives your skin a little bit of a silky look. I seriously cannot stop waxing poetic about it.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

208 the lightest shade that's supposed to fit pale princeses is straight up red/pink on me!
I wanted to love this foundations but it's 4 shades too dark for me and has the wrong undertone.
If you have yellow or neutral undertones stay the hell away from this thing!
Also on my skin it transfers like hell and cling to dry patches. Another thing I've noticed is that in the tube when I pick it up to apply it has some residue oil(?) that you need to clean because it makes the foundation move around.
On the bright side it wasn't expensive so I'd give it a try but it made feel like I'm whiter than snow (which I'm not!).