Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.5

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Recieved the Dermacol makeup cover this morning, i could’nt wait to try it, omg what aloud of rubbish.
It looked so good on the advert, take it from me, it is rubbish.
Its full of oil, and it does NOT dry out...
2 hours ago i put this over my tattoo that i want coverd, and its still wet 🙄
Does this stuff even dry out?
As for the part that the water doesnt take it off, thats balls, because it comes of without any water.
Would i buy it again? Not a hope in hell.

Help!
Im reading all these very differing reviews in Dermacol Cover..but most of you are NOT saying WHERE EXACTLY you purchased it!!! And that's HUGE because the issues with fakes is cometely out of control and insane!
I google Dermacol and it took me to several site choices incl.Amazon and Ebay.
Im currently very disenchanted with Amazon because many of their sellers are THIRD PARTY and I have gotten bogus products. For example , ordered my favorite stand by Shea Moisture conditioner. Said " Shea Moisture" in the little pink lettering on the upper left..but down below twas a third party seller..The product I got was absolute crap and nothing like the real deal.So, have learned to go DIRECTLY to the original manufacturer.
Howver,
I did just that.I thought!
It was " Dermacol/ S.F.( aka Dermacol/ San Francisco)..they EVEN had a Facebbok website.
I paid $25 for one tube- RED FLAG!! Ladies..The real Dermacol is always $15!!
I also paid $10 for " 2 day expedited shipping".. It took over a week!
$35 so far...the makeup I received is not bad..but surely doesnt cover tattoos!!! - a huge claim to high coverage.I dont have tats..but put dried eyeliner on my hand and it didnt cover it AT ALL.
All my emails went unanswered.
Now- there is a brand new Dermacol/USA site on facebook!! Dermacol by " something International LLC..
Theres literally tons of articles on how to spot the fake..Good chance if you got it on Ebay or Amazon..it could be fake..then again..some ARE getting the real deal from the literal hundreds of Dermacol Sellers!
So..when you review, PLEASE STATE WHERE YOU PURCHASED IN AS MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE!
And do your research!
Warning you NOT to purchase from Dermacol/S.F.- its a good fake to a point but should not cost $25!!! Oh..uts on sale NOW for $19.99!!
Good luck ladies..please. .let me know if you find the real deal!
Oh..LOTS of fakes on Poshmark too..but if you tell the seller she might sic ger fashionista Posh Sisters on you!!
Peiple buy this for heartbreaking things lije melasma, scars, vitiligo! ! Just WRONG!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bough Dermacol in shade 207 from their website. I have very dry skin so I had to exfoliate and moisturise my face then use primer but it still settled into fine lines and dry skin a little bit. It was easy to blend, (the texture reminded me a bit of Maybelline dream matte mousse.) It didn't totally cover my freckles, however I only applied a sheer layer. It seems to cover any redness or dark under eye shadows etc quite well and evens out skin tone without needing to use concealer. I'd say the result was similar to Revlon colorstay foundation except the Dermacol oxidized/ turned a bit pinky-orange after a couple of hours, whereas the Revlon colorstay doesn't. It didn't smudge off or transfer, probably because I didn't apply a very thick layer.
Overall it's not a bad foundation but not the miracle product I was hoping. I might try mixing it with other products and see what happens.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

So just to throw this out there: Make sure you buy the ORIGINAL off of their website or their Amazon. I've bought both real and fakes before!

Real: Thick, cream like texture. You should not have any oiliness or separation of product when getting it out of the tube.
Fakes: Oily product that doesn't cover crap! Separates the minute it comes out of the tube.

So originally my very fair self got 207, but that is WAYYYY too pink for my liking. After seeing Thataylaaa on Youtube review 208 and I'm a similar paleness to her, I decided to get that. First, the one I got off eBay was a FAKE but then I went on Amazon and found the legitimate 208 from the actual "Dermacol" seller. This was an excellent match for me by getting 208!

As a cosplayer, this is PERFECT for covering pretty much your life and I recommend this to anyone who also cosplays, does drag, needs or likes full coverage. My only issue I found is that I am pretty oily towards the end of the day, but have yet to try this with both my Coty airspun and Greenslr Spray. I agree with other reviews that you need to make sure you powder and set with spray to avoid any transfer coming off!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is an HONEST PAYING CUSTOMER REVIEW....Ok, so we all look for great coverage and fell i love with the thought that this was the perfect foundation for blemishes at least....well it does cover well, but it almost changes ur natural tone...does not blend well with ur natural complexion...its definitely some kind of paint that STAYS OILY and Never drys..the transfer to clothes is insane and if u have to wipe ur face, there goes half ur makeup....This definitely not made fir summer wear...this is almost draggish, very temporary, photo shoot, wash off and go type of makeup. If u wear this, U WILL NEED LOTS OF POWDER TO SET AND SOMEWHAT SOAK UP THE OIL TO NOT TRANSFER AS MUCH...its beautiful going on...too bad it wont stay...and it only takes a tiny tiny bit to do an entire face...to much will have u ready fir ur funeral...1 tube will probably last a whole year...I bought 2...most likely give it away or trash it. Its no where near a foundation....it would be gorge if could get that matte dry finish but no...it may be useful as a concealer but foundation is a no go and I have tried it several different ti.es, ways....I even tried to mix with a little water because its so thick♀‍🤦🏽omg, so much oil, it would not even stir or mix...so if u have oily skin..RUN AWAY...Im sorry I cant recommend this product to anyone and I was really rooting for it too😔

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS HERE, SO I LOOKED AT THE PROFILES OF SOME OF THESE MEMBERS AND I BELIEVE THEIR REVIEWS ARE FAKE. MANY OF THEM REGISTERED THE DAY OF, OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEIR REVIEW, AND THIS PRODUCT IS THEIR ONLY REVIEW. I HAVE FLAGGED THEM AND ASK OTHERS TO INVESTIGATE REVIEWS THEY FIND TO BE A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEWER PRODUCTS.
**lucasguo - just a few reviews below mine
https://www.makeupalley.com/p~lucasguo for example is obviously a seller or employee, look at "her" profile.

Review:
I made sure to buy directly from Dermacol's site so that i could be sure I received an authentic product.
This covers amazingly well, with very little product, and looks flawless AT FIRST. But it never sets, it stays oily, it's basically like a silicone with powder pigment in it. It comes off like crazy, even after setting with powder.
It also settles into lines and pores after a short period, and begins looking just messy, for me. I don't have very large pores or deep lines, but it makes them look much worse.
It may work better for a teenager with perfect skin, as it works fairly well for my 15 year old daughter.
Also, I believe I picked the lightest shade and it was still a bit too dark for me, I'm usually an NC20.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK so first off, find a seller who deals in the authentic product. If you are after seriously full coverage, this bad boy is for you. It's also great for mixing with other foundations - get shade 208 for a full coverage light mixer if you're after one. The finish is almost a powdery but natural finish. Would not recommend for use under the eyes unless you're going for the crepey eye bag vibe. Problem with it is, is that it transfers like a bitch. It has its place in the old make up draw though.

I'm not sure it's a super foundation but it's a great concealer! If you apply it as foundation, it looks heavy and your skin loses all its natural shadows, so you'll def need to contour highlight. The finish is more than satin, its dewy and very soft, kinda like skin only better. However, if you don't set with powder, it rubs off. But if you do set it with powder, it looks heavy...you can't win.
As a concealer tho it's bomb! You can cover under eye darkness, zits, whatever u got going on. I would apply it on top of foundation if using it as concealer, and if under the eyes, don't apply foundation there--just this over a corrector if needed. IMO depending on the foundation and how much stuff u need to cover, you don't have to set with powder...in fact setting spray makes it look best as a concealer. I do use a bit of powder under my eyes if I'm wearing a heavy eye cream or using eye pencils. Does that kinda make sense? If you're more dry/powdered you can use this straight without setting powder, but if you're just using setting sprays and greasy stuff like pencils, def set it w powder. It covers really well. Again, however much u need to cover can make or break how it works. If u cover a large area, b sure to hilight/contour bc it erases all shadows and u look flat and weird.
There isn't a huge learning curve with this....just try different techniques and see what u like. I love the coverage esp w a light bb or cushion foundation...really adds coverage but doesn't mess up the light no-makeup look.
I'd give this all 5 stars but the toothpaste type tube is dumb af. A pump would be nice or something you could dip your brush into or a spatula type lid...u use so little at a time no matter how u apply it, it's just a big pita to swipe prod off a tube. Plus it gets kinda messy around the cap. Just a pet peeve of mine.

So I purchased this after hearing (and seeing) so many rave reviews all over the Internet about this "amazing" full coverage foundation that could cover anything ranging from minor imperfections to tattoos, while managing to look completely "skin-like". When I heard this, I immediately thought, "I need this in my life". I have redness on my face from acne scarring and some sun spots and freckles on my cheeks. I purchased this directly from Dermacol, as I'd heard that there were lots of fakes being sold online and did not want to take the chance that I'd end up getting one of those. It was a bit difficult to figure out what shade to get by looking at the swatches that they show on their site but I settled on shade # 210 and hoped for the best. When I received it and opened it up, I immediately realized that it was not my color match. It had too much of a pink undertone to it even though it was supposed to have neutral undertones. Strike one. I figured I would try it out anyway for the sake of seeing how it applied and looked on the skin. I used a pea sized amount as I'd seen many people achieve a full coverage effect using that much. Let me tell you, it was not what I expected in terms of coverage. This is supposed to be full coverage makeup and yet, it did not hide ANY of the red marks on my face from acne. Like not one. I could visibly see them poking through the foundation. It didn't cover my freckles or sun spots either. I tried to "build it up" by using half a pea sized amount to those specific problem areas but it didn't help. It just sat there, looking textured on those spots, and all the while I felt like it was mocking me by emphasizing the redness and imperfections on my face. Like seriously, there is no way this covers tattoos if it can't even cover a freaking freckle. I had to go in with my concealer and spot conceal those areas which, in all honesty, is completely ridiculous and royally p*ssed me off since the whole point of getting a full coverage foundation is to eliminate that extra step. Strike 2. The final let down was that I looked like I was wearing an oily (not dewy or luminous, just straight up oily) mask. Strike 3. It in no way looks "natural" unless you consider clown makeup to be an essential part of your makeup routine. I do not have oily skin, I typically have normal to dry skin so I can't imagine how this would look on anyone with an oily complexion but I'm thinking it wouldn't be too cute. Basically, I feel that even if I had gotten the perfect shade match, this foundation is pure cr*p and does not live up to its claims. I have used several medium coverage foundations that work better than this. If you're considering getting this product, I feel like you should save your money and move along. There are way better options out there than this "hot mess" of a foundation.

For my face 209 was perfect for my skin – a light ivory shade. Below, I discovered an infographic which will help you further in choosing the shade for you!
make-up.
BENEFITS:
Waterproof
Hypoallergenic
For all skin types
SPF 30
Preservative free
COVERAGE: Full (extreme)
Dermacol COVER YOUR TATTOO WITH less 10$ FOUNDATION!!