Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.6

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I did not expect to like this as much as I do. For starters, shade #208 is an exact match for my skin, exact. This shade is described as "cold porcelain". Not how I think of my skin tone but it works. At any rate I almost always have to buy the lightest shade of any foundation and I've never had an exact match before. Second, you really don't have to use much at all. Less than a pea covers my whole face with a beauty blender. Less if you're using a brush or your fingers. I recently wore this for a 16 hour shift at my hospital. I felt exausted but my skin looked really good. I have, what I would consider, normal skin right now, it was very oily for much of my life but has settled down considerably since hitting my (cough) mature years. I probably could not have worn this 10 years ago because Dermacol is on the more moisturizing side of the foundation spectrum. I, obviously, got the authentic version, but there are fakes out there which wouldn't be nearly as good. On the whole it's a fantastic bargain. I ordered from Amazon but you can get it elsewhere too.

Im 24. Very very fair neutral desaturated skin. Very dry. Porous. Redness on cheeks and jaw. Slight acne scarring and usually have a few pimples.

What I'm after in a foundation:
- texture reduction
- perfect colour match
- dewy or matte finish possible
- the finish I initially achieve lasting
- not settling into lines or creavaces
- the finish not being too disturbed by sweating or oil production.

I quite like this and find it fits all of what I'm looking for to some degree.

For starters the lightest colour is pretty good compared to 95% of brands, but I don't think they have a good darker skin tone range. Most foundations look too saturated, aka look orange or pink, so I'm very neutral, lacking in colour and sickly looking.
The only skin product that matches me is Nars radient creamy concealer in Chantilly. I have the dermacol makeup cover in 208 (lightest shade) which is slightly too dark, but easily gotten around by mixing the product.

I usually find most foundation and concealer products settle into my every crevasse , this however does not!!! It is dewy , you need a tiny amount and it somehow feels lighter on the skin than most medium and full cover foundations. As it's 50% pigment it clings a lil to dry patches, but so long as you pat them down and don't use a brush it's fine they they will stay down.
What I love about this is the versatility. I use it straight from tube as a heavy duty concealer, and I mix with my favourite BB cream ('laikou colour correction foundation' colour 2) for a foundation. If you like experimenting and mixing you'll probably find a way to make this work well for you.

My testing process and results:

I didn't prime. I mixed the dermacol with the bb; which is very dewy, little coverage and grey in colour. Tbh all it did was thin the product out so I can confidently say that the results are from the dermacol.

I applied with a brush all over and then used essence matt setting spray on my sponge and patted it all over. It blended very well, was lightweight, looked like skin, and didn't settle into creavaces. It is fragranced, may be overpowering for some but I like the smell.
Then I took some from the tube and applied to pimples, scaring and a dark brown mole. It covered the pimples relatively well, but the mole wouldn't disappear, I tried layering but a no go, perhaps it was my technique? (I'm fine with the mole was purely to test it's coverage). I then patted a little bit of rmca powder over my face.

So I work at a hot sticky dominos shop and these are the results at the end of the day:

The day's work was hectic, I was sweaty and flustered. End of the day and my coverage had thinned a tiny bit. No foundation has held up this well before, as it's waterproof it stayed super well through the sweating (the sweat just passed through it without disturbing the finish). A problem I have with loads of foundations is that regardless of how nice they look at first, I end up with patchy, clinging , porous and extremely textured skin within a few hours. This is probably exacerbated by my sweaty nature. I am particularly happy with the lack of texture my skin has wearing this!
It is definitely not oil proof though and I think someone with oily skin would not have the same lasting power.
It barely settled into my undereye creases and not at all in my nasolabial creases!! (An absolute first for me). I found my skin quite dewy verging on oily, which I like the look of as my skin is so freaking dry.

Last thing I should mention is that there are a lot of FAKES out there, especially on eBay and Amazon. For example there shouldn't be separating of product, it should be thick not liquidy. There are loads of videos showing the difference. I notice a couple of reviewers maybe have received fake products .

TIPs:
-Don't apply too much at first, it will be more likely to settle, cake, and crease. Also its buildable, so better to start small.
-Try use a small amount of powder, as it is so full coverage that powder can make it cakey.
- If you don't like how it transfers or a dewy look: I got past this by using a matte setting spray to pat it in with a sponge + a thin layer of powder (kneeded into my sponge, followed with a flick for even distribution)
- I think I avoided under eye creasing by applying it mixed with BB cream and thinned the mixture the closer it got to my lower lash line. I used a very small amount, but still got good coverage.

Yes. Yes.

Oh my GOD, yes.

YES baby, lay it on me NOW!!!!!!!!

Ok, now that I'm finished creaming my jeans, let me just say that this is now my holy grail foundation. I may experiment here and there with other brands -- or even mix them into this one on creative-minded evenings -- but this will always be my go-to.

First of all: This stuff is THICK, baby, which is why I think any full coverage-loving beauty fanatic should and will love this. Thing is, it is SO thick and delicious that you have to learn to use it right in order to get the best effect. If you use the amount you'd normally use with foundation, you may find yourself looking like a dummy in a wax museum, ha, so experiment. This is formulated to cover tattoos, so figure that.

I find that, for best results, you hardly need ANY. I'm talking just tap a little of the excess from around the tube opening, and it will most likely do your whole face fine. Use a beauty blender, your fingers or your fave brush to gently tap on and blend. BUILD, baby, don't cake. This stuff is beautifully, wonderfully, deliciously thick and will probably last at least half your lifetime because of it.

That might not be an exaggeration.

I plan to experiment with color to get a perfect match for my own pale-ass skin. I might mix in a little pinker-based foundation to get an even closer color match. That's the great thing about this stuff: You can use it on its own, or you can mix in other foundations (or even highlighters!) to play around with color, consistency, glow and such. By the way, this has a nice natural glow effect as well.

What I'm saying is that not only is this foundation aces on its own, it is also so good you can use it to create your own custom foundation blend if you're feeling creative and have a few extra minutes to play in front of the makeup mirror.

What I can't get over is the fact that this HG foundation is only $12 on Amazon. !!!!!Baby!!!!!!!!! Note to manufacturer: Please don't get a big head from this review and others like it and then hike up the price to designer levels. You've got a GREAT thing going on with cost effectiveness vs. value for your money, and I wouldn't even THINK about messing with that. You gals and guys are heroes for offering this kind of quality for that kind of price, and your customer base will thank you for it.

Again and again and again by coming back, probably for life.

One more benefit worth mentioning is the fact that, if you're in a rush, this foundation is so creamy batter-thick you don't even need concealer. Skip that step if you want to, it's ALL good.

Anyway, I just wanted to share to tip off fellow beauty addicts and, most of all, to show my appreciation for a foundation formula well done!

BRAVO, Dermacol!!!!!!!!! :-)

I will start my review by stating that :
This is NOT the fullest coverage product out there or nearly as hyped up as gurus typically make it out to be.

That being said, IT IS a WONDERFUL foundation. It gave me a matte to natural finish, lasts for hours, wears well, and blends beautifully.
I really am very impressed. I would say while this is not the fullest of full coverage, it is high to full coverage. It does cover basic blemishes well and gets rid of their discolorations, but does not cover to the point of where it concealed dark brown freckles. This foundation is everything that Milani's 2 in 1 hoped to be but failed to be. I paid around $12 for this foundation and quite honestly it leaves my face looking nearly flawless, however I will say it does crease slightly but absolutely nothing terrible. It is quite beautiful, and I do enjoy this. I personally think this is my favorite "affordable" foundation. And I honestly like the packaging, it is in a squeeze tube which does allow you to really get every last drop. I cannot say you will likely be disappointed.

First of all this foundation looks horrible on the skin. You can expect a full coverage foundation to be a bit visible on your face when you look close, but this looks ridiculous. I would never go out wearing this. It does look pretty good in photos though, so if you intend to use it for selfies or something along those lines that should work fine.

Second, it doesn't really cover as well as it's said to do. It is a full coverage foundation and cover more than most other products, but it doesn't even fully cover a small red mark I have on my cheek even after I applied 4 layers of foundation on that spot, so it's by no means a miracle product.

Third of all... Oh the shine. I have dry skin and with this foundation on even I looked like I had sprayed cooking oil all over my face. It tried putting powder over it to get rid of the shine, but the powder brush was sticking to my face because it was so "oily" (the foundation doesn't really ever "dry", it just sits wet on top of it) and the powder did nothing to take away the oily look. So if you already have oily skin then I wouldn't buy this.

Then it's the colors. I got the lightest shade (208) and it was still too dark. If you have very fair skin you know it's mission impossible to find a foundation that actually match your skin tone, and unfortunately this one won't do either. So if you're very fair and want the foundation to actually match your skin tone, then don't bother getting this one.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is oily and barely covers anything. When i opened it a huge amount just came pouring out. wasting it. My normal concealer is better than this. What a joke and waste of money.

I've been posting a lot of bad reviews recently, but I am DONE buying cheap, no name, Facebook ad makeup pushed by paid beauty gurus that lie. This stuff is a nasty. greasy mess. It's all mineral oil crap and there is no sunscreen in it. The Amazon ad claims (at the time I purchased it) that it had an SPF 30 in it, but it's just a bald face lie. The website for this company made the same claim. This goes into my Juvia's Place category of Clown Makeup. Overhyped garbage. It's just pigment, vaseline , mineral oil and perfume. Fortunately, Amazon has easy returns.

One word - GREASEBALL.

Do NOT buy this unless you want your skin to break out, regardless of your skin type. It is like rubbing oil covered in peach coloured paint over your face. The only place this would look good is in the theatre for a 1 hour show when it's under harsh lights and then removed. THis is NOT for general use! You will look like a clown!

I bought this twice, first time it was a fake one (I didn't knew at the time) and it was a disgussting pure messy, blotchy hard to blende and with laughable lasting power, then I saw a friend who raved about the stuff and lo and behold, our products were different, even being the same shade mine ran lighter. I decided to give it another go and HO HO SO GOOD, on normal day I wear some light foundation or bb but on bad skin days or when I'm running late and can't be bothered to put effort on my face I use 1/3 of a pea sized amount and get flawless skin like coverage for my face and my neighboors face (the little goes a long way it's very much true with this). I work on a hospital and this survives my long shifts no problem unless I run up and down the stairs like a madman and sweat (it's not oil proof fellas) and even then I can touch up in a less than a min and then I look flawless again. It also looks beautiful mixed with primer or moisturizer, hell it made me love again an old bb cream I never used because of its nonexistent coverage (the fake one can't really be mixed, and when you finally manage to do it it separates).

If you thought this was sh*t on first try, do check if it's not a fake one, the diference between the original and the copy IS HUGE, and I almost missed out on such a great product.

Theres been alot of hype about this product, iv seen the raving reviews thousands of times on fb and im always pessimistic about " AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS" on the market.
I was running low on my normal foundation and thought what the hell ill give it ago.
Iv always struggled with moderate acne amd acne scaring so i do have problem skin.
The product goes on nice and smoothly and does cover reasonably well , but with quite a heavy load and only using blotching motions rather then sweeping, throughout the day it does feel oily amd greasy and wears off quicker than expected.
It does however give your skin a nice glow, as i do have quite a dull skin tone.
For the price it is very good i paid £9 for a 30g tube, i will be sticking to my estee lauder doublewear in the future tho