Dermacol Make-up Cover

3.9

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this is one of those products that reserve a permanent spot in your make up bag!

I've been using this for over a month, nearly everyday, for me this product has been a 'one product fix it all'
Prior to using dermacol i was lost for a concealer, tried all brands and correctors under those countless concealers, nothing worked as well as this brilliant formulation.

Its light on the skin, amazing consistency, sets brilliantly with translucent powder and i can happily add another layer of my usual foundation and powder by #mac #studiofix

i don't have acne scars however i was a very naughty child always tripping and falling and causing damage to my face, lol random scars that I can't normally hide as easy as I can with #dermacol

IMO: when a product does what it says on the packageing, its owed a 4 out of 5 and if it is affordable too, it deserves the full 5/5.
Nevertheless, everyone's skin responds differently, I hope this product works as well for all others as it does for me.

The only negative i could think of is the materiel used for its tube, it is so delicate that just a gentle push could squirt plenty out.
Howbeit, that's not enough to put me off, I might just buy a bucket load of these tubes and squeeze me my own tubfull. lmao

thanks #dermacol I've fallen in love all over again

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been interested in trying this because I've heard some great things. After testing it for about a week, I think I've gotten a good feel for how it works on my skin.

The coverage, what it's known for, is insane. I tested it over my black tattoos and you actually can truly achieve complete coverage, which I've never had before, even from other foundations that claim to cover tattoos. So the full coverage aspect is 100% legit. The first time I used it, I used as much as I do with my UD All Nighter (also pretty full coverage) and it was easily about 4 times too much, so a little of this goes a LONG way.

I've noticed over the years that my skin is becoming more oily. This product is extremely creamy, so if I don't prime well with a super mattifying primer and it's a busy day, I do find this slides on me. If I sheer it out (how I normally wear it), the sliding is minimal, but if I wear it at full coverage, this tends to wear off in patches in my T-zone that are extremely noticeable. This might be okay in something like a theater setting where you're going to be far away from the people seeing you, but not practical for everyday.

Because it's super creamy, I also have to be careful around my eyes because I find it settles into fine lines if you use too much, which is very easy to do.

Overall, it's not bad if used VERY sparingly (or even as a spot concealer), but I think if you intend on wearing it at fuller coverage, it might be a little better for drier skin types.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I love this foundation/concealer. I am fair and very pink and I can use either 211 (a tiny bit dark but usable) or 207 (a bit better match). I uploaded a color chart with descriptions of the colors. If you are not pinkish, don't buy the "cool" colors and no, 207 is not the lightest, 208 is by about two shades. ;-) Do not buy 208 unless you are very fair or like a very light concealer or want to highlight. 209 is very peach, can't imagine anyone naturally being that color, even though I have used it in a pinch and with a neutral powder, it isn't bad on me! LOL To round off the colors I've used, 210 isn't pink enough for me. Don't forget, that the higher the number does not necessarily mean it is darker.
As other reviews have stated, this is very concentrated so start with less than you think you will need. I like to use my fingers as a brush or sponge is much too much product to look even remotely natural. I can go from about medium coverage to very full depending on how much I use. I would not recommend trying to go too full of coverage as it would be very mask like, even with a good shade match.
This is dewy on me even after I set it with powder but it doesn't transfer very much and it does last all day. I use two face creams and an SPF under this, it would be less dewy if I didn't use as many emollients. I've used it in the desert where I live and on vacation in Hawaii and I get great lasting power with both. I actually like the bit more dewy look I get in the humid climates.
This is not rated with any SPF but does have physical sunscreen ingredients.
Overall, a great, affordable foundation that works well with my "mature" skin.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was excited to buy this product after watching videos of it covering everything but my biggest problem was finding my shade I am dark my skin is black and there 214 is the darkest shade but I failed to find it on amazon and went for the 224 second to the darkest but it left me white as it's still to light for me I put very little and blended with a wet beauty blender and to cover all this white going on I needed to use my Bobbi brown foundation and then it was better am afraid of trying out the 214 as I think it still may not be as dark as it seems in the pictures
Has anyone else tried the 214 for dark skin?

I seem to be the only one that thinks this concealer doesn't really cover much more than a basic concealer! I saw all the videos on it and thought i have to get it as i have tattoos i hate and also my face is covered in freckles which i hate too! I have really fair skin so i got the second to lightest one. It came and it is veryy pinky! So just looks too dark and pink against my skin. And also it takes at least 2 coats and some foundation to even cover my freckles. It doesnt cover my small tattoo at all either. Really disappointed.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Like most everyone else, I heard about this product from YouTube and it sounded mighty intriguing. This stuff covers at least as well as Kat Von D's foundation, and once it is on it likes to stay on until it is removed. It is waterproof but not oil proof, so it does still break down after a while. I don't really like it for a full face. Instead, I use it as an intensive concealer and buff it out, then I go over it with a more natural looking foundation. Using it this way, I think the tube will last forever. The coverage is no joke, and paired with a foundation on top, my makeup looks great all day, even during the summer. I took off one lippie because I absolutely hate the packaging and because I think the shade range leaves a lot to be desired, but this really is a wonderful product that surprised me.

This will cover up all of your sins. I can be up until 3 in the morning for 3 nights in a row, slap this on and go to work at 8 and still have people compliment my skin on day three. I don't think I've ever had so many compliments on my skin since I started using this. I'm nearing 30, have a few fine lines and mostly normal skin. This does tend to gather around my nose, but so do all foundations unfortunately. I always make sure to really warm it up between my fingers before dabbing it onto my face and blending with a beauty blender. Hopefully this becomes more widely available in the US in the future. :)

Was very excited to try this from the claims I had read.....Not as impressed as I had hoped to be. :(
Yes, it 100% covers EVERYTHING...for about 2-3 hours. After that, it starts to oxidize. Not a great look, especially on mature skin. I am 45 years old, and I don't have that much of an issue with wrinkles, at least I didn't think so until I tried this. If you have mature skin, this is not for you. It will show every nook and cranny!

I used 210, which was still too light, so I am in the process of trying to find another shade, which brings me to my next issue...finding a shade to fit your skin tone is nearly impossible! Gauging purely on swatches from the website is not conducive, but I digress, the price was very reasonable so I am not that upset about it being a loss.

So for my last issue. when you squeeze some out of the bottle to use, it just keeps coming out! It doesn't stop coming out! I wasted so much product upon opening the bottle. If anyone knows of a way to prevent this from happening, please let me know.

Over all, if you want coverage, have no wrinkles and perfect skin! This is great!

I was looking for a makeup to cover a few brown spots (probably due to sun exposure) for 30 years literally! I saw the ad for this showing tattoo coverage I was amazed. taking a chance, knowing that some products are not always what they are portrayed to be. Bottom line I was so happy to see that this makeup actually made my skin look wonderful even 8 hours later. My face looks healthier now! I purchase Number 212 , I am 68 years old, I have light olive complexion , number 212 seems to brighten my face and adds a glow almost.. I just love this makeup. My sister who has dark circles under her eyes has thrown out all the other products she has for cover up and only uses this make up. It is moist and doesn't dry the skin under the eye. Try it !!

I have combo skin, so although this works well coverage wise, I'm not overly excited on how it wears in my t-zone. This is an extremely thick and a well pigmented formula, where a little goes a long way. For me, It had a dewy finish and once I set the foundation it wasn't long before my oils were showing through.

This formula will definitely find your fine lines and let the world know all about every nook and cranny on you face lol. So for me that was a bit of a bummer. I used Dermacol gold primer with this and definitely wasn't happy. I did find that if I used Ani Sue primer I did have better luck with my pores and fine lines. However, shine will forever be an issue.

Overall, this will cover everything and anything including those skeletons in your closets haha. The coverage is definitely the best I have every tried.