Dermacol Make-up Cover

Filtered by age: 36-43

3.5

CI 77891, Paraffinum Liquidum, Paraffin, Cera Microcristallina, Petrolatum, Alumina, Glyceryl Stearate, Silica Silylate, Parfum, /-: CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I bough Dermacol in shade 207 from their website. I have very dry skin so I had to exfoliate and moisturise my face then use primer but it still settled into fine lines and dry skin a little bit. It was easy to blend, (the texture reminded me a bit of Maybelline dream matte mousse.) It didn't totally cover my freckles, however I only applied a sheer layer. It seems to cover any redness or dark under eye shadows etc quite well and evens out skin tone without needing to use concealer. I'd say the result was similar to Revlon colorstay foundation except the Dermacol oxidized/ turned a bit pinky-orange after a couple of hours, whereas the Revlon colorstay doesn't. It didn't smudge off or transfer, probably because I didn't apply a very thick layer.
Overall it's not a bad foundation but not the miracle product I was hoping. I might try mixing it with other products and see what happens.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

***I WAS SKEPTICAL ABOUT SOME OF THE GLOWING REVIEWS HERE, SO I LOOKED AT THE PROFILES OF SOME OF THESE MEMBERS AND I BELIEVE THEIR REVIEWS ARE FAKE. MANY OF THEM REGISTERED THE DAY OF, OR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THEIR REVIEW, AND THIS PRODUCT IS THEIR ONLY REVIEW. I HAVE FLAGGED THEM AND ASK OTHERS TO INVESTIGATE REVIEWS THEY FIND TO BE A LITTLE TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE, ESPECIALLY FOR NEWER PRODUCTS.
**lucasguo - just a few reviews below mine
https://www.makeupalley.com/p~lucasguo for example is obviously a seller or employee, look at "her" profile.

Review:
I made sure to buy directly from Dermacol's site so that i could be sure I received an authentic product.
This covers amazingly well, with very little product, and looks flawless AT FIRST. But it never sets, it stays oily, it's basically like a silicone with powder pigment in it. It comes off like crazy, even after setting with powder.
It also settles into lines and pores after a short period, and begins looking just messy, for me. I don't have very large pores or deep lines, but it makes them look much worse.
It may work better for a teenager with perfect skin, as it works fairly well for my 15 year old daughter.
Also, I believe I picked the lightest shade and it was still a bit too dark for me, I'm usually an NC20.

I'm not sure it's a super foundation but it's a great concealer! If you apply it as foundation, it looks heavy and your skin loses all its natural shadows, so you'll def need to contour highlight. The finish is more than satin, its dewy and very soft, kinda like skin only better. However, if you don't set with powder, it rubs off. But if you do set it with powder, it looks heavy...you can't win.
As a concealer tho it's bomb! You can cover under eye darkness, zits, whatever u got going on. I would apply it on top of foundation if using it as concealer, and if under the eyes, don't apply foundation there--just this over a corrector if needed. IMO depending on the foundation and how much stuff u need to cover, you don't have to set with powder...in fact setting spray makes it look best as a concealer. I do use a bit of powder under my eyes if I'm wearing a heavy eye cream or using eye pencils. Does that kinda make sense? If you're more dry/powdered you can use this straight without setting powder, but if you're just using setting sprays and greasy stuff like pencils, def set it w powder. It covers really well. Again, however much u need to cover can make or break how it works. If u cover a large area, b sure to hilight/contour bc it erases all shadows and u look flat and weird.
There isn't a huge learning curve with this....just try different techniques and see what u like. I love the coverage esp w a light bb or cushion foundation...really adds coverage but doesn't mess up the light no-makeup look.
I'd give this all 5 stars but the toothpaste type tube is dumb af. A pump would be nice or something you could dip your brush into or a spatula type lid...u use so little at a time no matter how u apply it, it's just a big pita to swipe prod off a tube. Plus it gets kinda messy around the cap. Just a pet peeve of mine.

I've been posting a lot of bad reviews recently, but I am DONE buying cheap, no name, Facebook ad makeup pushed by paid beauty gurus that lie. This stuff is a nasty. greasy mess. It's all mineral oil crap and there is no sunscreen in it. The Amazon ad claims (at the time I purchased it) that it had an SPF 30 in it, but it's just a bald face lie. The website for this company made the same claim. This goes into my Juvia's Place category of Clown Makeup. Overhyped garbage. It's just pigment, vaseline , mineral oil and perfume. Fortunately, Amazon has easy returns.

I have combo skin, so although this works well coverage wise, I'm not overly excited on how it wears in my t-zone. This is an extremely thick and a well pigmented formula, where a little goes a long way. For me, It had a dewy finish and once I set the foundation it wasn't long before my oils were showing through.

This formula will definitely find your fine lines and let the world know all about every nook and cranny on you face lol. So for me that was a bit of a bummer. I used Dermacol gold primer with this and definitely wasn't happy. I did find that if I used Ani Sue primer I did have better luck with my pores and fine lines. However, shine will forever be an issue.

Overall, this will cover everything and anything including those skeletons in your closets haha. The coverage is definitely the best I have every tried.

This foundation is life changing. YouTube made me buy it. I'm in color 215. It matches my skin perfectly. It covers tattoos and any imperfections like a dream. But it's not an every day foundation. Great for special occasions or nights out. It covers everything, Hyper pigmentation, acne scars, blemishes. And a little teeny half a pea size covers your whole face. You need to work with it a bit to make it blend but once you do it looks like your skin but only better. I find it works better with a damp beauty blender than it does with a brush. I love it for my oily skin. Not sure about dry skin but maybe mix it with a bit of face oil. Its not exactly matte but it gives your skin a little bit of a silky look. I seriously cannot stop waxing poetic about it.

FOR MAXIMUM COVERAGE THIS MIXED WITH THE KEVIN AUCION THIS IS PERFECT!!!THE DERMACOL IS KINDA OILY AND EVEN THOUGH THE SENSUAL SKIN IS OIL BASED IT IS MATTE AND KINDA DRYING .BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

I'm oily with a bit of acne scarring, and I prefer full coverage foundations.
I heard about this foundation, and about its high pigmentation, and I figured I'd love it.

I bought it off eBay, decent price, in the lightest shade (I am NW15), and it matches me pretty well, even though initially it looks a bit too white, but then it oxidizes and becomes a good match.

It's easy to apply, it feels silicone-y like a mousse foundation, and spreads easily. Unfortunately when I'm done, the finish is very glowy - not the look I'm going for.
I tried setting it up with powder, and it does look decent for a while, but it makes me oily in no time. It has zero oil control. And yet, patches of dehydrated skin show through! I can't wear moisturizer underneath because I would be an oil slick.

Coverage is ok, not as full as ELDW for example. It does look like full coverage immediately after putting it on, but soon after it just melts in the skin, showing off ruddiness and imperfections.

I guess it would be a good option for dry skin types, but oily skin types should stay away from this.