Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronze - Ritual

Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronze - Ritual

4.2

on 9/16/2016 3:49:00 PM

I tried this in Beatties and after trying it on I was in love. I'm not a massive fan of blushers and so it didn't really appeal to me when I saw it as it looked like nearly every other blush out there but I was actually blown away at how nice it went on and the colour it leaves on your cheeks. It gives a nice warm glow and depending on how dramatic you want it it's easy to do either way. It has brown and pink swirls of colour in the compact so you don't need two separate blushes to give you that sunkissed look. I also bought the bronzer brush that comes with it but I've tried my morphe blush brush also and it still goes on effortlessly. This is now the only bronzer that I keep going back to and definitely worth the money.

on 1/10/2016 10:00:00 AM

Holy grail bronzer/blush for my olive-toned NC 25ish skin. Chanel used to make a blush called "Terre Brûlée" (marketed under the English name "Golden Sun") that matched the exact tone of my skin after a day in the sun: equal parts brown-gold and reddish pink. Ritual has filled the void created by the discontinuation of Terre Brûlée. The colors in the pan give no indication of the effect of the product on the face. On my own skin I see more pink than bronze, and it's not the cool pale pink in the pan, but a natural sun-kissed flush. There is definite shimmer but I use a CC cream with a touch of illumination anyway, so Ritual merges with that shimmer without taking it over the top. It's densely pigmented so you can get away with a small amount. I expect it to last a long time, which makes it worth the price.

on 12/5/2015 3:40:00 PM

I find this product kind of confusing. I cannot use this for a blush. On my cheeks, it just looks dirty and highlights my skin imperfections. The colour swirled and applied is very dark and does create a shadow effect which I find actually good with a gentle hand for contouring. The hard thing about using this is I find on my skin it kind of just stays put. I cannot really blend it out. If I goof up, which happens on the regular when contouring, I am SOL. I left my house looking like my nose collapsed on one side. So kind of amazing but also not...

on 7/19/2015 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Sometimes the right SA can help you step outside your comfort zone and try something new. Bronzer has always scared me, I'm pretty fair and the couple times I have tried it, it looked muddy and fake. Honestly I would have never picked this up on my own, fearing it would be far to dark. This makes a great blush and can be used for a basic contour. I'm really surprised how well this works as a blush. Almost everything is too bright or to dark on me and it's been years since I've found a new blush to love. This may just be my new HG.

I love Laura Mercier's limited edition collections-the colors are without fail beautiful and wearable. this blush is no exception to the rule; yes it has a lot of shine in the veining especially, but the color is a gorgeous browny-copper with a touch of warming pink. I don't find that the particles transfer and I think the blush itself will last me a very long time!

on 7/10/2013 11:38:00 PM

On the fence about shimmery bronzers for mature skin types ANYWAY - I went ahead and tried out this LM bronzer/blusher. In the compact it is gorgeous and I think for a younger woman with a tan this would be killer, but on me, sadly, it is not. I found no way to apply this such that fine lines were not filled with some type of shimmer. Plus, this looked orange on me - a big no no - which is probably just some conflict with my NC25 complexion. Even total avoidance of my eye area did not prove to be a panacea for this product. I love LM and am truly sad, but accepting, that some products just don't look great on older complexions.

on 7/10/2013 11:21:00 PM

In one word, NO. Sorry to be the Debbie-downer on all the glowing reviews, but I need to save anyone who is on the fence from buying this. I heard so many youtubers raving about this that I went ahead & ordered it online...mistake!- It is FULL of micro-glitter...loaded. I just can't believe none of the gurus mentioned that. I'm 39 and too old to be wearing this glitter bomb. Glitter aside, the tone is very reddish...not the look I go for in a bronzer. If you like to counteract redness in your face, stay away from this one as it imparts a very ruddy look to your complexion.

on 7/6/2013 5:19:00 PM

I love the product and the effect it gives when applied as it acts as a bronzer and blush. The only reason I wouldn't repurchase is that I found a dupe for it which is Hard Candy Bronzer in Bombshell which is even better than LM and can not complain about the price. So if you missed out on a Ritual go get the HC Bombshell and you will not regret it (I even purchased back ups since I love it so much).

I have seen this bronzer reviewed on youtube by numerous people, I was intrigued. I ended up ruling it out as I thought it would be too dark for my NC/NC25 skin tone. I visited the Laura Mericer counter in Chatswood (Australia) and feel in love, I swatched it on the back of my hand and it was a beautiful colour. The product is very pigmented and colour leans toward a brown rather than an orange, it has some sparkles/sheen (that I did not see on my my face) which can be buffed out. I use a suqqu cheek brush that applies the product lightly and diffused giving me a healthy glow. It is a product you need to see in person and swatch. I am enjoying this bronzer and have been using it regularly.

on 5/20/2013 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I luvvvvvvvv this bronzer! It brightens up my skin so much and makes it look so healthy! It's the perfect combination of blush and bronzer! On my light tan skin tone, it imparts a beautiful bronzey-pinky color, neither too pink nor bronze. It applies smoothly and evenly and is very pigmented. This product also sculpts and lifts the face if applied properly (you don't necessarily have to contour to get this effect...well at least I don't).

I wish it weren't limited edition. Being that it is though, I may just have to go and buy a backup! Laura Mercier really hit it out of the ball park with this one!