Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

on 4/15/2017 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is by far the most effective clarifying shampoo I've tried. My hair is very overprocessed and was coated with every silicone imaginable after some experiments with new products. I had been trying to clarify with Suave Daily Clarifying but it wasn't really making any difference, my hair still was clumpy and dry feeling. I remember how well this stuff worked when I had previously bought it on a whim at Dollar Tree and picked it up with the matching conditioner. Together they left my hair very soft and bouncy, like each strand was finally able to breathe separately from the others. My hair also didn't feel tangled and rough during the process of shampooing like is often my experience with sulfate shampooos. My hair is a lot less damaged and frizzy than I had thought it was which is ironic to me considering it was all those oils and cones I had been using to try to make my hair smooth. I may start using the conditioner to cowash and just use this guy once a week. I highly recommend it

It gets hair really clean and fresh and it's super affordable. I wouldn't use it every day because that would be drying for my platinum bleached hair but for clarifying it's just right. I also use it to wash my make up brushes.

on 1/31/2016 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a sulfate clarifying shampoo that definitely removes sticky styling product and conditioner residue and leaves hair "squeaky clean". But it certainly isn't suitable for color treated hair and will pull the color out without question. However, the matching conditioner is great for cowashing even color treated hair and is a great dupe for Wen Sweet Almond Mint and has none of the hair shedding issues that Wen is currently experiencing (for more on that see Google). You can get VO5 at any dollar store or Kmart for $2 and it's one of those gems that are good to have on hand. I once used a purple shampoo on my color treated blond hair but left it on too long and it turned my hair gray! A few lathers with this shampoo was all it took and my hair was back to its blond self. Wow! Was I glad I had some of this rather harsh stuff on hand! I always have some of the conditioner around because every once in a while I like to cowash and I've been using the conditioner for years in place of Wen and it works great. So even though I can't use this shampoo on my color treated blond hair, I am recommending it. It does work well at removing build up and that's why I usually have it on hand, especially in case of a purple shampoo emergency, lol!

on 1/28/2016 2:38:00 AM

This is my first clarifying shampoo - and I'm so happy with the results I felt compelled to write a review.

The hair near my scalp feels SO good. I have quite thick, semi-coarse hair, and washing it very often doesn't end well (hair so dry). We'll say I typically give 4 days inbetween washes. So I likely had "build-up" as I could feel a massive difference after using this shampoo - yet the bottom half of my hair felt great as well.

Seriously, I can't stop running my hand through the hair near my scalp. This is night 3 (I'm going to give it one more day), and I've had the usual routine of work and working out, but my scalp still feels nice and clean compared to the other shampoos I have been using. If something changes over long-term usage, I'll update this review. But, for a 99 cent bottle, thankkkkkkk you!

on 1/5/2016 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this after reading all the rave reviews, and after using it (and compared to other clarifying shampoos like Suave and Pantene) I have no idea what the fuss is all about. This is like any other cheap clarifying shampoo (for me). It's cheap, but not that special to really spend the extra money searching for it (vs. Suave on the shelf). I found that it stripped my hair pretty intensely (and I hadn't clarified in probably a year) and made it very ratty looking (almost damaged) even with applying my super moisturizing Vit. E conditioner. Since I use average hair products, I will keep this as a clarifying, but like others have said, I wouldn't use it every day. NO way. I found it to be just as stripping as other clarifying shampoos. The smell was okay, but not worth the hype. I'd probably spend the more $$$ just to have Pantene's clarifying, just because I think it did a better job without making my hair look frazzled after washing.

This product is the best! I try to use only sulfate free shampoos but after a while my hair starts to feel weighed down by extra product. I love this product for occasional use to get all of the buildup out that sulfate shampoos don't get. I paid 77 cents for a pretty big bottle that will probably last a year as I only use it every 2 weeks. You really can't go wrong with this product.

on 8/8/2015 9:33:00 PM

I found this in a HUGE pump bottle at the store for about $2.
My hair needed a fresh start and I'm not a HUGE fan of Suave so I went with this one. Wow am I glad I did! It smells great, lathers well, and cleans the conditioning gunk off my head. My skin is also left feeling totally refreshed because it's not a thick, moisturizing product.
I pair it with whatever conditioners I want, including Pantene and JASON. My hair is light, bouncy, and feels like it's starting with a clean slate.
You can't find it everywhere so when I come across the giant bottles, I stock up.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used V05 shampoos/conditioners for years now on and off and have always felt they were a great bang for my buck. They usually cost less than $1 and far exceed the "you get what you pay for" assumptions. I think I paid about 79 cents for this particular bottle of shampoo. For reference, I have very long, heat damaged, but never chemically treated in any way hair that becomes very greasy (especially if I add product to it). The longest I can go without shampooing my hair is about two days. Even this is a stretch, and I tend to skip washes when I know I'm only working and can wear it up mostly. I did not consciously choose this shampoo because it is clarifying and have just began learning about the difference between clarifying shampoos vs. "regular" ones. Now that I've tested a couple out, I will say I do not think this shampoo is more or less clarifying than other shampoos from V05. It does a great job of cleansing my hair and getting all the grease/product out. I feel that it's gentle enough to be used regularly as opposed to sparingly (as true clarifying shampoos are typically used). I suppose it depends on your hair type. If you feel your hair is stripped of moisture after shampooing, this shampoo (and probably most clarifying shampoos) are not for you. If you're someone with a lot of product buildup, you can probably get away with using this regularly. It develops into a nice lather and my hair feels soft and clean after using this (plus a conditioner)! I really like the scent of this particular shampoo, especially since it's summertime now. I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/11/2015 12:44:00 AM

This shampoo is great! It does a good job of getting all the buildup products that I've used on my hair. I use it when my hair starts feeling dull,and after I use it my hair is soft and shiny. I adore the scent, u will wanna use it all the time but I only use about once every 2 or 3 weeks since it's a clarifying shampoo. It's dirt cheap and works!

on 5/17/2015 3:14:00 AM

It smells AMAZING!!I love this shampoo really cleans my head good and is just all around a good buy and very cheap cant argue with that!