46%
package quality

price range

Reviews

9 months ago

Pheromone is hard for me to review objectively. My beloved feminist grandmother wore it, my mom wears it, I wear it. Marilyn Miglin is based in Chicago, as is my family— and as a kid I got dragged along to her cosmetics outlet store, where even I fell under the thrall of Marilyn’s neon eyeshadows and frosty, perfumed lipsticks. My favorite product was the Pheromone Liquid Gold lotion, which left behind a pearly sheen and sexy aroma. My childhood is therefore steeped in the miasma of Pheromone— a huge, soapy, cola-spiked green floral of the sort that is incredibly out of style; and yet somehow, very campy and lovable. Created in 1978, this stuff is like Studio 54 in a bottle. Dazzling and excessive. Yet when lightly applied, you can’t argue with its beauty and quality. It’s like the best soap you ever used! The current formulation isn’t bad (go for the eau de toilette) but vintage is superb. I have a vintage bottle of bright green Bath & Body Oil that I dab very lightly on days I want to feel like I’m home :)

About reviewer (228 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairRed, Other, Other

2 years ago

Ah Pheromones, What a truly beautiful fragrance. I have fallen head over hills in love with this beautiful creation. When I first smelled it I hated it thought it smelled so old like old perfume. 2 weeks later after wearing it almost everyday the verdict is I adore it. This is now my Signature scent. Longevity is incredible also silage is awesome. I have the Esprit De Parfum. So beautiful.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2 years ago

I first tried Pheromone in high school in the early 80s when my aunt gave me a sample vial of it that she received with a makeup purchase at a department store. I liked it, but as a teenager I thought it was it was too "old" for me. I didn't try it again until decades later and it immediately took me back in time. Pheromone is one of those classic disco-era cyphres, like Norell or Halston. It's classic and sexy. It's warm and for me, comforting.

About reviewer (174 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Straight, Coarse

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Every time I spray this I say OMG this is beautiful! Really really amazing! It is a deep rich velvety fragrance. It's like when a warm mug of hot chocolate on a cloudy cold day brings comfort well, this IS THAT!

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I love Pheromone ! To me this is a great classic fragrance in the green floral -oriental style with a lot in common with Estee Lauder's Private Collection - the original .I would go so far as to say that Pheromone today, is actually better than the reformulated Lauder fragrance. It go on fresh,green and spice with an intriguing and interesting green floral -soapy middle and then on to a spicy smooth oriental amber finish. it is a very well made, well blended fragrance . The bottle I have is the EDP from HSN and I am completely happy with it. Longevity is very good . This is a very underrated fragrance .5 stars in my book . I can only imagine how wonderful the extrait must be and I may just have to get some .

About reviewer (463 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

6 years ago

I got mine from HSN. I read below that this stuff is different from what you get on the MM site. Don't know. I smell my wrist and get Tabu Light. Not horrible. Not great. Mid notes are soapy.This is not sweet. It could also be a masculine.

About reviewer (188 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Curly, Coarse

EyesHazel

6 years ago

i get the love it or hate it. its a strong fragrance and that will be controversial. i like it applied VERY lightly.... it grows on the skin with your body heat all on its own, lasts forever. id say dont apply it like other perfumes at all.... pick ONE distant spot.... small of back maybe, base of neckbeneath your hair if bolder. one drop. its sexy,no doubt. however, it usually gives me quite a headache, i am pretty sure its not coincidence. i will still use it occassionally, now that cold weather is here, and see how it works out this season...itll last forever, but id not get more just due to its potency seems too much for me.

About reviewer (49 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesOther

6 years ago

Every time I read reviews of Pheromone I am amused by the love-hate. Truth is, it either works with your body chemistry or it doesn't. It is my HG, and has been since I found my first bottle at NM in the '70's. It is a complex scent, on me an oriental floral, without fruit or citrus. It is decidedly sexy, and men love it. Interestingly, women also stop me to ask what I am wearing. To help identify whether it could work on you, many of the popular perfumes turn acrid or overly sweet on me. On the other hand, I find that I can wear almost all of the MM scents, as well as many of the Estee Lauder scents. I have used all of the variations of Pheromone, from HSN and MM...oil, perfume, EDT, cologne and all have worked on me without losing the scent's essence. I really don't believe that the HSN variety is different from the original. To use, apply sparingly. The scent lingers all day.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

7 years ago

I REALLY like this and came to it via cherryblossomdiva's excellent oil dupe. It's mostly a potent, powerhouse green - strong, dense and certainly of its late-70s time (fine by me). There's rather a lot going on in Pheremone...it brings to mind a complex mosaic of piney greens and dark, earthy resins. I've not tried the one now sold on the shopping channel as I have an older bottle, but if you want to try before buying, CBD's dupe is remarkably close.

About reviewer (257 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair, Cool

HairOther, Other, Other

2.0

7 years ago

To my nose a higher quality, more upscale Charlie. Definitely a 70's or early 80's fragrance. I dont do well with galbanum so this is not for me.

About reviewer (65 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral