TheBalm Peppermint Hydrating Face Moisturizer

3.0

on 2/21/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I used to use this back when I had very oily, sensitive skin and loved it. This was what I used in the winter and I used their Vanilla lotion in the summer (I loved both. I can't use them now, unfortunately, because by skin is now extremely sensitive and dry due to severe chronic illnesses. But this is a lovely lightweight, gel-cream that feels extremely soothing and refreshing on the skin. It is just hydrating enough to where you feel your skin is moisturized and any dryness is calmed. The finish isn't matte like the Vanilla lotion, but more radiant. However, it is not greasy in any way whatsoever. I definitely recommend this to combination to oily skinned people, as it is lovely. Dry skinned people will not like this so much, though. But all in all, lovely.

on 4/19/2013 6:15:00 PM

Pros:
-lightweight gel-like consistency
-pump dispenser, glass bottle
-nice minty smell

Cons:
-my skin feels DRY after 15 mins
-overpriced

This moisturizer just doesn't work for my combo skin, and it probably doesn't help that I live in a dry climate. If you have oily skin and live in a humid area, you might want to check this out; however, I still don't think it's worth the price. I love the bottle though, and look forward to re-filling it with something else. 2.5/5

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium PCA, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phospholipids, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Carbomer, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Flower Extract, Parietaria Officinalis Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Glycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Titanium Dioxide