3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

I've tested out 4 colors from Kozmic Colours. Shade 1, 5, 6 and 7. Before I start reviewing all shades I own separately I want to make a quick review on the formula, how much products it contains, price, packaging, brush, drying time and wear time. All the shades I own are metallic based nail polish, they are go on really easily and smoothly. Almost all of them, for the exeption of shade 5, only need one coat to be fully opaque. Shade 5 need two coats to be like shade 1, 6 and 7. Wait to hear how cheap their are for the quality.. Each bottles contains 15ml or 0.52ft oz, which is pretty good. It's more than most bottle of nail polishes I own. The price is what I love the most about those nail polishes. For a pack of four nail polishes it only costed me 3$! Which makes all nailpolish only 0.75$! It's even cheaper than Sally Hansen nail polish. Packaging wize it's made of a solid plastic (the bottle). I've dropped some of mine on the floor by accident and they didn't broke and still looks like brand new. When you buy a packaging of four nail polishes it comes in a normal box of cardboard. The brush is of a normal size and really easy to use. You can easily go in the curves of your nails without difficulty. The drying time is standarts, one or two minutes. The wear time is also pretty good, after a week my nails still looked good. Maybe a little bit of chippings on the corners of my nails, but nothing horrible. --- Now I'm going to talk about each nail polish I own. Color, feel, removing process and if I would buy it again. Shade #1: Shade 1 is a beautiful light lilac almost silver metallic nail polish. When applied and dried the nail polish is really smooth. Removing the nail polish with nail polish remover was a little challenging because of the shimmer in the formulla, but over all it was ok. I would buy it again because it was a very pretty shade. Shade #5: Shade 5 is a navy blue metallic nail polish. Like I mentionned at the beginning this was the only shade i had to put two coats. When applied and dried the nail polish is really smooth. Removing the nail polish with nail polish remover was a little challenging because of the shimmer in the formulla, but over all it was ok. I would buy it again because it's honest the best metallic navy blue nail polish I've ever tried. Shade #6: Shade 6 is a baby pink metallic nail polish. When applied and dried the nail polish is really smooth. Removing the nail polish with nail polish remover was less challenging than the other three for some reasons. Maybe because of a different ingredients, but over all it was ok. I wouldn't buy it again simple because it's not my type of colors, I'm more a dark and weird color type of girl, but it's a very pretty shade of pink. Shade #7: Shade 7 is a green based bronze metallic nail polish and it's actualy my favorite from the pack of four I bought. When applied and dried the nail polish is really smooth. Removing the nail polish with nail polish remover was a little challenging because of the shimmer in the formulla, but over all it was ok. I will buy it again because it's the best bronze nail polish I've ever tried, seriously you guys need to buy it! --- Over all I've had really good experiences with Kozmic Colours nail polishes. They are good quality nail polishes, beautiful colors, easy to apply, wear for a long time and they are really affortable. I found mine at my Dollorama, I don't know if they can be found anywhere else, but if you find one give it a try! I'll buy them again for sure! One of my favorite formula of all time.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I found this brand and dollarama and picked up a turquoise colour called "until the world ends." It's a really nice shiny true turquoise. The brush is amazing. Litterally one swipe and it coats about 3/4 of the nail. The formula is really smooth. I've had it for a while now and it hasn't clumped or dried out at all. It lasts long for about like 4 days without chipping and lasts about a week and a half with sublte chipping. I usually top this polish off with a sally hansen top coat. I can't wait to get more colours as its really cheap:)

About reviewer (18 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

3.0

7 years ago

Kozmic Colours have the quality of any budget polish I've used (Wet 'n' Wild, NYC), offer a small but on-trend colour selection, at $1 for singles and $3 for a 4-pack. Virtually all performed well enough that I would buy again. At first I gave this 4/5 but on further use I'm dropping to 3/5. I would still buy again, but the watermelon and nude at least are streaky and slow to dry on humid days. Would still buy again though. I saw "Shufflin'", a yellow-green cream, on the cashier at Dollarama, and she said it wore well despite the abuse her nails took all day. As a result I bought a single in nude cream, a 4 pack in pearl (watermelon, pink-bronze, cobalt and glitter chartreuse), and a 4 pack in pastels (pink, lilac, mint and sheer cobalt). The singles have names but the 4 pack colours don't have names or numbers. Other 4 packs included one with primary yellow and primary blue, and another with what looked like silver topcoat-type glitter. There was a single in black. Kozmic Colours are free of dibutyl phthalate, toluene and formaldehyde. Bottles are a generous standard 14ml (unlike fellow budget brand NYC which generates some of its savings by giving a 9ml bottle). Made in China. The packaging is VERY cheap looking, but once the bottles are out, they're a plain pot shape with simple black lettering and cap; utilitarian but not tacky. All polishes bubbled if I shook them (I SHOULD know better) but being round, were easy to roll between the palms and had little to no bubbling if treated this way. The brushes are biggish pony type and soft. The polish is thickish and I found it easy to get enough on my nail to let it self-level without making a mess. Actually I usually get a lot on my cuticles when I paint my non-dominant hand but not with these brushes. I used Rimmel Base Coat Top Coat Pro as my base coat, and no top coat, to see how the polishes wore by themselves, and did a spectrum of pink, bronze pink, cobalt, mint and chartreuse on baby finger, and the rest on my toes. The manicure lasted three days without a single sign of wear and then I tore a nail so I wiped it all off. After over a week the toes still look perfect. Pastels are a cream slightly shimmery medium pink, cream lilac-pink, sheer shimmer-pearl cobalt, and cream slightly shimmery pale mint. The pinks went on opaque with two coats and no streaking; the medium pink was the strongest performer. The mint went on acceptably with two coats but one finger had a streak that I couldn't get rid of even with three coats and a touch up; it was the weakest performer. The cobalt had a gel finish that was quite pretty. Four pack of pearls: pink-bronze metallic, pearl cobalt, pearl watermelon-fuchsia, glitter metallic chartreuse. All had great coverage with only two coats. The chartreuse was a bit gritty to the touch and slightly harder to remove than the others but didn't end up needing any special treatment. When I wear it again I'll put on a topcoat to make it smoother (which I normally would anyhow) though I think this will make it much harder to remove. I like all of these but the watermelon is probably my favorite. Nude cream single: One coat is quite sheer and gave a quick MNBB. I put it on thick enough to self-level and it looked good with just one coat. But I wanted it opaque, and it was a humid day, and I didn't give it enough drying time considering I'd done three coats plus a base... so ended up wrecking it. I've had similar problems with a Borghese Rapido polish and humidity, that were fine on other days, so I'll give it another try later. The color is quite elegant. I felt I got quite a lot of bang for my (literal) buck, that the results looked good, that the problems I had were more human error than product weakness, and that I would have to have spent quite a lot more to get an appreciably better product. Try this mystery dollar store brand with reasonable confidence!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age36-43