Goody Styling Essentials- Thinning Shears

Goody Styling Essentials- Thinning Shears

1 review

on 4/17/2013 6:19:00 PM

I've wanted to cut my own hair forever to save money, but I've always been so afraid. Finally, weeks of scheduling conflicts with my salon, and desperation for a haircut drove me to the breaking point, and I decided to go for it!

I'm very much a DIY person with all things beauty, so I really don't know what took me so long to cut my own hair; after using these, and following farahdhukai's video on youtube to the T, I can honestly say I will never be going back to a salon. Not that I didn't love my salon- I did! But I usually spent about $65 per cut, and the cost of all my materials was less than half that. I also know myself well, and know exactly what I want from a haircut, so after following Farah's video, I was able to trim and edit to my liking. I'm in college, and at such a high price for a cut, I could only afford to get it done every 3 monthes, and my hair was miserable by then.

I have very long, thin blonde hair that's prone to breakage, and is easily weighed down by products. I know typically you wouldn't use thinning shears on fine hair, but it worked out extremely well for me- weight is the enemy of thin hair!! These shears also helped blended the layers very well.

In addition to these, I bought a small, simple pair of shears just for touch ups!

If you're looking to start cutting your hair at home, I highly recommend these shears ($9 on Amazon!) and checking out Farah's video!

Happy Styling! :)