Jouer Matte Moisture Tint

Jouer Matte Moisture Tint
Matte Moisture TintMatte Moisture TintMatte Moisture Tint

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Butylene Glycol, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Peg/Ppg 18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phytantriol, Hexyl Laurate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Nylon-12, Sodium Chloride, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Polydodecanamideaminium Triazadiphenylethenesulfonate, Polyvinylalcohol Crosspolymer, Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Zinc Chloride, Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isopropylparaben, Potassium Sorbate. May Contain (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this tinted moisturizer, and already repurchased it after running out; it blends on the face very smoothly and has a great coverage- medium, but you can easily do touch-ups and apply more to conceal blemishes as I do; very buildable. It leaves a matte, natural finish that I have been longing for with all kinds of foundations, and most of all, does not transfer onto people's clothes whenever I hug them, and doesn't stain collars and clothes as my Clinique foundations always did. It's not shimmering, but it makes my complexion look radiant no matter how tired I actually am, and is very long lasting. Doesn't cause acne- my face looks nice even after I've removed it.

It's quite pricey but they use active ingredients that help the skin such as vitamins and an SPF15, which I appreciate!

The only downside is that if you have not moisturized well, this will probably dry your skin quite a lot. Jouer Cosmetics advises to use it by itself, but I recommend using your favorite moisturizer first. I do even if I have oily skin, because if I don't do it properly, it tends to emphasize dry patches on my face and sink into fine lines. However, skip your usual moisturizing routine if it's long and implies a lot of various products (such as oil and primer) because it will move on your face as if you applied painting before the first layer has dried. Make sure to exfoliate your face as well. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's not really a moisturizer, but using a moisturizer will work. If you get both dry and oily in the winter like me, keep a good moisturizing routine, especially at night. It will help both problems.

I gave it 4 lipsticks here, because even if there is an issue with moisturizing, it's still an upgrade from all the foundations I used in my life thanks to the natural, luminous + matte finish, the lack of transfer, the long-lasting effect, and the fact that it doesn't break me out. I want to try the luminous tinted moisturizer now and see if it's more adequate for colder weather even with oily skin.

I am updating this review with some new information: while I praised this product on the Cult Beauty online shop- where I get my products from- they are blocking my bad review of the Sensual Skin Enhancer, that I published almost a month ago and doesn't show on the site. I sent them four emails and got only one answer, saying that the approving takes time, which I'm not buying, because I have already had reviews published in less than 24 hours, the only difference being that they were good reviews. I strongly encourage you to not purchase from Cult Beauty, as they don't publish one-star reviews, and you likely will get the wrong idea about their products because the overall rating is false.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Comes in s squeeze tube packaging. Light to medium coverage, depending on how much you layer. I still had to use a concealer for my blemishes and imperfections. This did not keep me shine free, nor was it moisturising. Looks great when fresh applied, however it transfers and does not last though the day. I still oil up within a couple of hours. This is more suited for normal non-oily skin that is mostly blemish free. Price does not justify the quality of the product, will not repurchase.

on 2/23/2016 7:55:00 AM

I just used up a sample size of this, and I love it! It provides an unexpected amount of coverage for somthing which is actually a tinted moisturizer - it gives medium coverage like a foundation would, and hides redness and imperfections to an extent that I barely used any concealer. The color "Chamomile" was a nice match for my winter pale skin, and my skin looked great all day without sliding off or developing oily patches. I love it and will definitely buy a full size as soon as I reduced my stash of Foundations a bit.

on 5/13/2015 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like this as it reminds me of a liquid powder foundation. It is lightweight and gives amazing coverage. I have a light-medium skin tone and use the shade Nude. Lasts pretty well on my oily skin and doesn't transfer when I sweat.

Like others on this forum have said, I bought this on the recommendation of a popular Youtube guru. I figured it would be a good fit for my skin, since she and I have similar skin types: between combination, sensitive, and prone to breakouts. Sadly, the only thing I like
about the product is the color match. I have light to fair skin, and porcelain fits me
almost perfectly! The problem? This tinted moisturizer slides around my face more
than a mineral powder does after several hours. It settles into the pores in my t-zone, which makes the color look patchy and uneven. It has an interesting texture for a tm; more of a velvety feeling you would find in a matte foundation. (This product has been called a "dupe" for laura mercier's silk creme foundation.) But even that doesn't compensate for the application, since it is hard to apply without a foundation brush. Personally,I prefer to apply my tm in a rush w/my fingers. The product is also difficult to drag over the areas of my face that are less oily, and I end up having to go back for more product. The worst part is that it breaks me out. . .badly. By midday, I'm left with patches of redness all over my face, followed by tiny pimples the next day. I guess the low spf rating has something to do with this. Whenever I use a product with a reliable spf rating, I have less irritation at the end of the day. I guess I should have looked into the ingredients before purchasing. This is really high in silicones, dimethicone, mattifying agents. . .all in all, a lethal combination for skin as acneic and sensitive as mine. In conclusion, this is the not product I reach for when I need good coverage with the added benefit of spf. It should be added that I love fluid, even gel-based tinted moisturizers that add a subtle, healthy glow, but also don't add to the shine on my face. Call me crazy, but I think products as mattifying as this one will only exacerbate oily skin problems. Best to hydrate the skin with a tinted moisturizer that softens, but also doesn't leave you with an oil slick. I will not be repurchasing, so I will either have to throw it away or find a creative way to use it. Maybe as a concealer in a pinch?
Pros: beautiful packaging, nice, neutral colors, elegant texture.
Cons: Expensive!Irritating, comedogenic, initial finish fades to one that is patchy and unflattering. I'm dubious of the advertised spf factor.

on 2/3/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Got this as a sample in Linen and I love it. I have very oily skin and its matte finish is great. Buying a full size today since I ran out. I just can't live without it!

I've been really skeptical of any product that claims to "control sebum/shine" or "mattify" in the past, but I heard enough good things about this to give it a go.

It controls shine for a few hours before having to blot or apply powder, and the matte finish isn't chalky or unnatural. When you first apply it, you don't notice a difference but the formula warms and evens your skin tone within minutes. This is a very sheer product, but that's fine for me because I have clear skin. For somebody with blemishes or blotches, it may not be so good. The coverage is very light and you don't even feel like you have something on your face.

I have been told this doesn't work well on people with dry patches of skin as it doesn't moisturise well, but you could try applying it over your usual moisturiser (which I do.) Some people like to blend this with the Luminising Moisture Tint for more of a glow, and perhaps this is also an option for dry skin types.

on 11/24/2014 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I really like this tinted moisturiser. It's so unusual to find a matte tinted moisturiser as they're usually very dewy but this one truly is skin-like in its finish. It looks so natural but has fairly decent coverage for a tinted moisturiser. Although it's not the cheapest you get a lot for the price and it has lasted me for well over a year so I thin it's worth it. The only reason I haven't given it give lippies is because even the palest shade, Porcelain, isn't quite light enough for me (although it's pretty darn close). I think you can buy this in stores now but it's very difficult to find and I don't usually like blind buying things like foundation or concealer online where you don't know what shade you'll be. That said, I would definitely buy it again. I haven't found anything else that I like the finish of more: natural, healthy-looking skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really wanted to like this due to its great texture and light/medium coverage, but here's why I won't be buying it again:

1. The best matching shade for my NC25 skin is Nude, but the undertone is a bit too neutral/not yellow enough for me (NARS Ceylan). For $38 + tax, it had better be perfect!

2. I went to the gym one night and had an intense weightlifting session (streams of sweat dripping down my face). To my horror, I looked into the mirror and saw that the Jouer TM was coming off with my sweat! I've had just as intense workouts while wearing NARS tinted moisturizer and Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer and they never ever melted with sweat. You might be like "who wears makeup to the gym?!" uhhhh maybe people who put on makeup in the morning and go to the gym after work, duhh. I go to the gym at least twice a week and I can't be worrying about looking like I got fat free milk thrown all over my face.

3. SPF 15 is too minimal which requires me to layer a higher SPF underneath. Not a problem but just another step I have to add to my routine.

My advice is just to get a sample because everyone's skin/body chemistry is different and what works for one person might not work for another and vice versa. But in case you have the same concerns as I do, then hopefully this will help you.

on 11/9/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE this tint. It is exactly what I need for everyday use as a mom and it's super easy to apply and stays put. It evens out my skin immediately and moisturizes quickly. It lasts on me for about 7 hours without any problems.

I am hoping to buy this in full size asap but the price is putting me off for now at $38. This ia great stuff and very high end in feel and texture. Definitely worth the price. I got this in Linen and it matched perfectly. I am NW20 in MAC, Maybelline I am creamy natural, and Revlon I am Nude in Colorstay.