Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil

Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil

4.5

Cyclopentasiloxane, coconut alkanes, dimethiconol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, crambe abyssinica seed oil, coco-caprylate/caprate, limnathes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, argania spinosa kernel oil, tocopherol, parfum/fragrance, hordeum distichon (barley) extract, orbignya speciosa kernel oil,

on 11/20/2016 6:24:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This gives me that perfect light and hydrated feel to my hair that I always search for. I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't love this because of the price but do I ever! Makes my hair feel so healthy without weighing it down a single bit, and I don't even need a lot to achieve that. I'm going to appreciate every drop of this bottle while it lasts.

on 10/23/2016 9:11:00 PM

I've always loved Oribe products, so I decided to give this product a try. I was using light Moroccan hair oil previously and decided it was time to try something different. This hair oil is on the pricier side, but it's worth it. It smells amazing and the texture is on the lighter side. I prefer to use it after I blow dry my hair (I've also tried applying after towel drying hair, applying oil then blow dry, but the result isn't as great). This oil makes colored hair feel super soft, light and gives it an airy feeling. I don't see a dramatic result in "fixing" split ends, but it is a really great hair oil overall. I highly recommend.

on 8/11/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased Oribe shampoo for beautiful color as a travel size. Used it up and loved it. I went to buy the full size and was talked into buying Gold Lust Oil. Hey I love a good oil. My hair has been dry and frizzy with all of this crazy heat-humidity! I did a pre-shampoo treatment--little oil in my hair from the ears down and wrapped it up and worked out. Then I showered washed and conditioned. I put about a half pump on wet hair, again from the ears down and applied my regular glossing cream. My hair still seemed frizzy but very soft. Not a good look...soft frizz. I am not a fan of super soft hair as it is difficult to hold a style;even putting it up many strays come out of the clip and the clip seems to slip. I did apply about another half of pump to try to get rid of the frizz but it just made my hair softer. I not sure which ingredient in this creates this but I am not a fan. This is going back, and I am going back to Marula Oil.
Sorry Oribe :(

on 6/30/2016 11:36:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had my eyes on Oribe Gold Lust Oil for about a year before I finally purchased a bottle. I was very hesitant to buy this oil because the price is ridiculous. I finally caved because I had some Birchbox points saved up to help absorb some of the cost.

For reference, I have thick, coarse and wavy hair which is color treated and has some flat iron damage as well. I have tried what seems like every "hair oil" including Moroccan Oil, B&B Hairdressers Oil, Macadamia Oil, Orefluido, Loreal Mythic Oil and quite a few others. Bumble and Bumble Hair Dresser's Oil had been the most effective oil for my hair so far.

For my hair, this oil did nothing for frizz. It made my hair super soft but that's about it. As a matter of fact, it made my hair TOO soft...It wouldn't hold a curl, Bobby pin or a hair tie. My hair seemed to take much longer to air dry and my frizz looked far worse than I've seen it in a while. I will say that this oil smells so good! I can't get enough of the scent.

I would not repurchase this oil because it's just not heavy enough to tame this beast that I call my hair. I could see how it might be good for those with fine hair but for me it was a huge waste of money.

on 12/27/2015 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that I think Oribe is yet another overhyped brand. MUA as a whole seems to be in love. But I...am left unimpressed. There are no miracle products with miracle ingredients. There are however, mediocre-yet-decent formulations with a steep price sticker.

The first ingredient in Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil is silicone, followed by coconut derivatives, then natural oils, and extracts. Yes, this does have a lot of natural and beneficial ingredients. However... it's not a formulation that stands out to me as ground breaking. I actually prefer my beloved Ion Keratin Dry Oil Mist still. Natural doesn't always equal better.

Did it keep my hair soft? Yes. However it was a bit heavier than I'd prefer. Applying a tiny bit too much of this will leave you with greasy hair. I don't think this preformed any better than a much cheaper brand. There are plenty of natural brands at a low cost point. Hell, you might even be better off just applying straight argan oil.

I'm giving 3 lippies because it was not a bad product. Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil just didn't blow me away, so I'd never repurchase. I will give Oribes props for not adding a ton of useless fillers or alcohols (i.e isopropyl) to the ingredient list. I'm seeing too many companies go this route as a cost cutting, profit increasing method.

on 3/24/2015 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Love this oil. I've tried many and this leaves my hair silky, healthy, shiny with no residue or weight. I do have other oils I use for scalp massage (mainly because I bought them and want to use them up) but they are TOO heavy for daily use along my long hair. This can be used on damp or dry hair and is considered a heat protectant by Oribe.

Won't be without it.

on 2/28/2015 5:50:00 PM

WOW! I love this product. I can certainly tell when I use this because my hair is softer, shiny and looks healthier. It IS pricey. I know that there are products that come close, however, having tried so many other products (from drug store to Fekkai, Paul Mitchell, Lazartique, Leonor Greyl, etc.) I can honestly say this is a winner. The only other product that has ever come close is Macadamia Healing Oil, but it tends to weigh down my hair. This is awesome. I highly recommend it. Yes, it's pricey but a little goes a long way. The pump makes it easier and it's a nonslip, raised front so it makes it easier to hold. There is no obnoxious superslip feel to it and it's plastic container is not a detractor because, honestly, the design of the color, etc. is really luxurious looking.

on 2/22/2015 4:45:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

I received a small sample of this months ago and finally used up my keratin gold hair oil just in time to buy yesterday at Neiman Marcus's beauty event. I only keep one hair oil on hand, and it has to be good. I use this from my ears down, on my toweled dry hair, and also once a day in-between shampoos. I have a ton of shoulder length t fine hair. This is the only styling product I use, except in "frizz" season, I use the Oribe Impermeable Anti-Humidty Spray. I am 56 years old and want to avoid that "cotton ball hair" texture and this handles it well. This product doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. It doesn't matter if I blow dry or let my hair dry naturally, it keeps my hair "swinging" without "sticking".. I have a lot of hair, and it takes a very small amount to get big results.

on 2/15/2015 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this oil, I will never be without it. I agree with the woman who said her hair "drinks this" as mine does too. It is full of nourishing oils that are absorbed into my hair, rather than coating hair with silicones. It leaves my hair looking so shiny and healthy. I have long, fine, straight, highlighted hair and I often use hot tools. This virtually eliminates the dry crunchy ends that i used to encounter. HG, worth every penny.

on 1/28/2015 12:02:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I really like this oil. My thick hair seems to drink it, although I avoid the roots as it can weigh it down a little bit. It gives nice shine and the result is much softer than normal. I will definitely buy this again when I run out. I like to cover one hand in a thin layer and rub it into the other hand before running it through the lengths of my hair. I mix this with the Oribe supershine moisturizing cream, although it is lovely on its own too.

Popular Styling Products