Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

Jurlique Herbal Recovery Gel

3.3

Aqua (Water); Glycerin; Alcohol; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Panax ginseng Root Extract; Gingko biloba Leaf Extract; Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice) Root Extract; Rosa gallica Flower Extract; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract; Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow) Root Extract; Echinacea purpurea Extract; Calendula officinalis Flower Extract; Viola odorata (Violet) Extract; Viola tricolor (Heartease) Extract; Spilanthes acmella Flower Extract; Bellis perennis (Daisy) Flower Extract; Stellaria media (Chickweed) Extract; Sambucus nigra (Black Elder) Flower Extract; Xanthan Gum; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate; Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Fragrance (Parfum)*; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Lactic Acid; Sodium Hydroxymethylglycinate; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A); Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E); Linalool*; Geraniol*; Citronellol*; Eugenol*; Benzyl Benzoate*; Limonene*. * From Natural Essential Oil (Chamomile - Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria); Rose - Rosa centifolia)

on 7/2/2017 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This used to be my HG for 4-5 years in my mid 20s. I would repurchase it as soon as I finished a bottle. Perfect for my skin, made it glow and fresh. Love the smell, consistency, ingredients and the packaging of this product.
Something that's too organic and too natural is not hydrating enough for my dry skin, and I've tried quite a few natural brands. But I see Jurlique as the next step of it all, without damaging the skin, and it works so good for me.
I only wear sunscreen when I go out (no BB cream or foundation), so I'm not sure if that plays a big part too in my whole skincare routine.

Then come the Jurlique Herbal Recovery Advanced Serum with Naturadiance PB18+.
It is just as good, but I find that it doesn't work as much for my skin now that I'm 30. Or maybe I've been using it for so long that it has lost its charm? (I used to only apply this serum right after cleansing and that's it, day and night, no toner no cream).
After trial and error, I realise that my skin is aging and I need to step up my skincare routine. So far, the following regime has been working the best for me in this dry dry winter (morning only):
Splash face with cold water > apply toner and essence > massage face with rosehip oil (any brand) > apply Jurlique serum (one full pump only) > apply sunscreen (then BB cream for special occasion).
I replace the serum with Trilogy night cream at night.

Conclusion, I find that Jurlique Advanced Serum is perfect to seal the goodness of toner, essence and facial oil =) My face, not only looks, but also feels plump and hydrated all day long.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Smooth and comfortable. But I can't see any good effect from using it.
One good thing is that I know it's at least very safe for my skin.

on 6/12/2014 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is a lovely serum but if I use it too often I get small breakouts from it. Nevertheless, I keep a bottle around and use it when it's dry in the winter and I need more slip under my makeup than my regular moisturizer gives me.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I stopped using this for awhile because I ran out. Was forced to use Oil of Olay serum. The two do NOT compare. My skin has suffered. This smoothed my skin after 2 weeks. My skin is acne-prone, sensitive with large, visible pores & loves this product. I find my skin to be softer, with a subtle radiance. The price tag is hefty but "you get what you pay for" aka it's worth it. Try a sample from a local spa that carries the line. Everything doesn't work for everyone.

on 2/6/2014 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

what does this do actually? i guess for very oily skin type people would love this. it smells of herbal and very light gel which doesnt seem to do anything in my opinion.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have recently fallen in love with Jurlique. Although they are pricey, the amount of benifitial ingredients is really worth the money. Also a little goes a long way. I use this serum at night in conjuction with my Trilogy rosehip oil and my skin always feels hydrated and nourished the next morning. Will definitely repurchase.

on 12/15/2013 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This lightweight serum absorbs quickly into my oily combination skin during the hottest months and it does not cause any irritation (my skin is acne-prone and very sensitive). However, it does nothing to my face while its price is high.

on 11/11/2013 3:07:00 PM

I was very surprised that the gel didn't meet my expectations as I really liked its' botanical ingredient list and I had high hopes for it. I used it twice a day for about 3 months and I didn't notice it restored, tightened my skin or made it smoother.
It has a very lightweight texture and I liked to use it in summer. It hydrated enough during hot season but I wouldn't recommend anyone to use it during cold weather when the skin needs more hydration unless you use it as a serum and apply your moisturiser on top of it.
When I just apply the gel, it has a bit unpleasant sticky feeling on the skin that goes away as soon as the gel is absorbed into the skin in a few minutes.
The price is sky high for doing almost nothing. I won't buy it again.

on 10/10/2013 10:28:00 PM

This is a pretty blah product for me. For the life of me, I cannot remember why I was so excited to purchase this. It certainly doesn't "do" anything - I rely on serums to treat my skin in someway, and this doesn't do anything for my skin. Moisturizing? No. Brightening? No. Soothing? Not particularly. Anti-Aging as per its claims on Sephora? Absolutely not. It feels like a very pointless extra step in my regimen, and a pricey one at that. With the veritable laundry list of lovely plant oils this is said to contain on the ingredients list, I was expecting a lot more.

The only positive things I can say about this are that it smells lovely, and they keep a lot of chemicals out of the product.

Bottom line - I definitely would not repurchase this, there are much better serums/gels out there that are more effective and cost less.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I got a sample of this and have been using it in different ways for two weeks. My acne prone skin luckily did not break out from this. I think of this serum more of a nice drink of water after being thirsty or a relaxing glass of wine after work. Lol. I've been going through some bouts of dry, irritated skin and some acne prior to this. My skin was severely parched and patchy from the acne treatments I've using. I slapped some on and instantly my skin was soft and the patchiness was gone.

The smell is strong of rose water, so if you don't enjoy perfume scents, you may not like this. But I like it and the smell and feel of this is luxurious. I keep mine in the fridge and use it for times when I feel I need extra hydrating or pampering of my skin. I do, however, prefer Estee Lauder ANR for hydrating, especially overnight. Jurlique's serum soaks in very quickly and I feel Estee Lauder goes in deeper in my skin. Is it worth the price of admission for most? No. I think there's better. But in a pinch, I would slap this on my skin before applying my makeup and after peels.

Popular Face Skincare Products