L'Oreal True Match Le Blush in 145 Rosewood

L'Oreal True Match Le Blush in 145 Rosewood
True Match Le Blush in 145 Rosewood

I'm mostly posting this review as a warning to not repress this blush haha. I did it to mine and unfortunately it changed the colour entirely - in the pan it became an interesting glittery dark mauve with a hint of brown/purple. When swatched/applied however, it became a matte orange (HOW?!) brown. rip. It also lost most of its amazing scent :(

Review for the blush before I repressed it:

On my NC15 - NC20 skin it came out true to pan colour - a matte warm dark rose/brick pink with a faint hint of brown. It's also the best smelling make up product I've ever known - a really nice, non-synthetic strawberry and cream scent.

It was very pigmented and blended okaaaay, but it still took a bit of work to get this blush to look how I wanted (I like sheer, blended out looks). I'm sure this would be perfect for someone with deeper tones though.

I was never really "wowed" by this product and I don't know why. I should be. It's pigmented, a flattering colour, smells incredible, and in fantastic packaging. But I just never got that "daaaang son I feel good today" buzz we all secretly get sometimes after applying make up but don't want to admit to for fear of looking like we're up our own asses.

The one I bought came in the "squircle" packaging. It was pretty cool (minus the giant neckbeard sticker on the front that I peeled off) because it had a mini fan brush and mirror on the bottom, which contributed towards the purchase. I expected the brush to be below-average quality of course, but I still bought it because I wanted a sacrificial brush to apply the colour with, and then I'd use one of my own better quality clean brushes to do a good blend out with. Turns out the brush was actually the worst brush I have ever used (not an exaggeration). It applied patchy, was scratchy, and whenever I washed it I'd lose literal clumps of brush hair.

on 10/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

Every early autumn I come back to this! Too bad it's getting more and more difficult to find it..It's a lovely, subtle, brickish pink that looks great on warm or sunkissed skin tones. Even the small is great. One of my favs.

on 4/17/2013 8:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Lovely powder blush. The colour is a good warm pink, very natural looking on my skin. Basically it's my go-to neutral blush which goes with everything! It does have a little shimmer in it, but that doesn't really bother me. The brush is not really good but I can make it work for me by doing small strokes back and forth on the wanted area. Highly recommended!