OPI I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw

OPI I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw

4.6

First up, the name of this polish is so fun (but a pain to type!), so props to OPI on that one! This is quite an old OPI by now, but the colour remains classic and on trend. It is a deep, blackened shade of blue with warm undertones and a slightly dusty quality. It is a good shade for those who like deep, vampy shades, lovers of blue and those who tend to go for jet black and would like something different. I think this colour looks great paired with denim personally. The formula is pretty good, two coats to reach full opacity. It doesn’t streak or apply patchy, and it dries quickly and to a shiny finish. It also lasts well, when paired with base and top coat it lasted 4 days on my nails. My only gripe is that it stains the nails, even when paired with base coat. It will also stain the nail and cuticle upon removal, so I definitely recommend being very careful and steady when removing. While I wasn’t entirely surprised this type of colour was a stainer, I still found it off-putting. All in all, this shade is great if you love deep shades and don’t mind a messy removal. Otherwise, it’s a pass.

on 4/1/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Wow!!!! I only buy OPI polishes. I wanted a nice Navy Blue to wear with lots of dark denim in winter (here in NZ). First I googled all of the various Dark Blues of OPI. Since I don't like any shimmer, I knew all I wanted was a good opaque finish in a Navy Blue - not Cobalt Blue, not Peacock Blue, not Black! Got it down to Russian Navy - but didn't like the reviews that people said it looks almost like a Navy Purple. So settled on I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw. Talk about the most beautiful colour for winter! Needs 2 coats to be opaque, and then it still looks like a deep Navy Blue - not black. Looks very stylish on short square shaped nails. Probably up there as one of my all time favourites with Shorts Story (Hot Pink) and Toucan Do It If You Try.

on 8/27/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Love at first sight - one of those hard to find shades of blue - there are very few blue shades that suit my complexion but this is a winner - almost the shade I hoped 'incognito in sausalito' would be on my skintone but unfortunately that one was a very dead black with just the vaguest hint of blue on my skintone - this has the same teal undertones but appears a definite blue on the nail - a combination of deep passport blue and prussian blue, slightly reminiscent of another fave 'ski teal we drop' but this has more blue to it - I would categorize it as a combination of prussian/phthalo (I like to be very specific about these things)- these are the only tones I of blue I can pull off on my yellowish pale hands. Almost gel like shiny finish almost like a jelly finish but still opaque in two coats, fast drying - a shade made for short nails!

on 12/31/2013 11:11:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Well, I'm a sucker for dark blue nail polish and OPI, so this is a no-brainer for me. It's a dark denim creme polish--no shimmer or glimmer. The color is dark with no purplish or grey tones, and doesn't look black even in lower lighting.
Application is smooth, even, and opaque in two coats. It dries very quickly and doesn't chip quickly on me.

on 4/17/2013 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I Saw...U Saw...We Saw...Warsaw is from OPI Euro Centrale Collection 2013. I guess obviously this one is representing Poland. What a name! Anyway, this color is advertised a deep midnight blue. However, I find this color is more of a Prussian blue. The color has a tint of green but still mainly deep blue. Very black based and it's quite unique. Some people find it looks like a teal. However it is more of a deep Prussian blue to me.
The application is very smooth. It takes 2 coats to make it completely opaque. I think becasue it is a dark base color, the drying time is so quick. The creme base make it look very elegant. I think this color should be put in fall/autumn instead of spring. I guess it is a bit for spring/summer. Anyway, this is a unique blue and it's great to wear with denim I supposed. I will definitely buy this one again.

Popular Polishes