Milani Color Statement Teddy Bare 29

Milani Color Statement Teddy Bare 29
Color Statement Teddy Bare 29

4.4

Not tested on animals

MLSN-01, 03, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11,12,14,17,19, 20, 22, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 31, 33, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44. Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax / Euphorbia Cerifera Cera, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Microcristallina Cera (Microcrystalline Wax), Cera Alba (Beeswax), Ozokerite, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cera Carnauba, Benzyl Benzoate, Fragrance (Parfum), Vanillin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydroxycitronellal. /- May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 22 (CI 45380), Red 27 (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470).

on 11/20/2017 6:41:00 PM

This lipstick has a gorgeous color, but the texture isn't great. It's a deep pinky-brown nude with more pink than brown, so cool-toned people like me can wear it. It's sooo pretty.

But even though it applies with a creamy texture, it gets very dry pretty quickly. Uncomfortably so. So it has to be used with a balm or gloss, which is annoying to me. I would love this lipstick in a more emollient formula.

on 4/15/2017 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been hearing good things about this Milani line and I am officially hooked. This color is such a perfect brown on me. Milk chocolate against my light olive skin. The formula is lovely - creamy, smooth, not too thick. It stays on a few hours before needing touch ups but I don't mind because I love putting on lipstick. This is my first in this line but definitely won't be my last.

Browny-reddish raisin-y color. I had several colors I loved like this circa 1995. That's not to say it's dated...it's not a dramatic or unusual "gosh, I couldn't believe I used to wear that!" color, and if it works with your skin tone, I think it can be absolutely gorgeous. In fact, for folks with richer/deeper skin colors, I would RUN for this color to try it out, I have a feeling it could be an amazing nude color for you.

My problem with this particular one is that it makes my teeth look yellow! Ack! I'm fair/medium, neutral-cool (MAC NW15/MUFE 117) with dark hair and eyes and I absolutely positively couldn't make this work for me, unfortunately. I've actually never run into the dreaded "yellow teeth" lipstick thing except for corpse-like, dramatic/special event/unusual colors like opaque lilac, yet here we are.

Texture is great, decent lasting power, fruity/sweet smell is pretty strong at first, but not gross.

on 6/7/2016 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

My first Milani lipstick to try. I was expecting this to be a nude on me but to get the sweet spot perfect nude on me is quite difficult and most fall into the too dark or too light, this fell into the too dark category but none the less still beautiful!

A plummy, brown, dark-nude color. This would make the most amazing nude for darker skintones. On my NC40-42 skin with pigmented lips, this turns very dark brown on me, a "90's" color. With one swipe it is enough and tints my lips with enough brown color to give my lips a slight blushed/smolder look. The color is pigmented, goes on smooth, and very hydrating. Does not dry my lips out. It smells like watermelon and I like that too.

Beautiful lipstick, cant wait to try more!

on 10/6/2016 9:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my first Milani lipstick and I love it.
I bought this online and so I actually expect the colour to be like a true brown as some of the swatches I've seen online. But it turns out to be nudish brown colour which I actually like. I think this is great for medium to deep skintone like my MAC NC 40 skin. So, no regrets in this one.
The only thing I don't like is the sweet candy smell. I doesn't suit this product at all. I would definitely prefer if they make it with a vanilla, chocolate or plain odourless smell.

Overall, I would definitely buy this again and can't wait to try other shades too.

on 6/6/2016 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product on impulse as I have recently gotten into nude shades on my lips. I hit jack pot with this one. It is my exact lip colour except even better because it is uniform colour and not a little pink here or a little brown there, as my natural lips are. The lasting power is amazing through meals and many cups of tea, coffee and water. It goes on smooth and doesn't feel 'heavy' on the lips yet is very pigmented. It is very versatile and can be used on special occasions or a casual outing. I feel this shade is one which would work on pretty much any skin tone to be completely honest. It is a must have for me. I feel like it is a very underrated product but I do have one small issue is that I am not in love with the 'candy watermelon' smell to it. That smell makes it feel a little like something I would find at a dollar store and use as a 7 year old. Hence it gets a 4/5 from me. Aside from the smell I do love the product itself and would definitely repurchase it.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

This is the most-used lipstick I've ever owned. I have light/medium to medium/tan skin (varies drastically depending on the season) with a warm/olive undertone, and this shade is perfect when I want something just a bit deeper/browner than my natural lip color. I can wear it year-round, but I use it most in the fall and winter. It doesn't last forever on my lips, but I'm not sure if that's the formula's fault or the fact that I can never go longer than a few minutes without drinking either water or coffee. More important to me than the longevity is the comfort - I wouldn't necessarily call this a hydrating lipstick, but it's not drying, and it never looks flaky or patchy. Even as the color fades, it does so evenly - this is pretty much the only lipstick formula that doesn't crumble off my lips. Milani is a great cruelty-free company, and this product is priced well - I probably paid around $5 at CVS with a coupon. The tube I bought has the watermelon scent that people either love or hate, though I believe that they changed the the scent last year to a much more pleasant vanilla. I don't know if the change in scent also changed the overall formula, but if I buy a tube of the new stuff, I'll update this review.

on 4/8/2016 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I've had this shade for a few years now, no clue as to why I've never written a review. First- while I love lipstick and lipglosses, I am a lazy lip product wearer and always venture back to nudes. AND I LIIIIVE for colors that do not require the extra work of a lip liner. THIS IS IT! My perfect shade is Lancome 460W. I'm also inbetween MAC NC45 and NC50. Milani's color statement formula is amazing! Moisturizing, fades evenly, lasts long on me (no it's not transfer proof, but I don't care.) Teddy Bare is perfect! It's not too light (I'm not a fan of lips lighter than my face without a darker liner to tone it down.) Not too dark. My perfect MLBB shade, holding that tie with MAC's Touch (Lustre formula.)Teddy Bare is more pigmented. And the smell may bother some but I dig it. Smells like candy watermelon. :-) No complaints, and I own quite a few more shades in this formula. NO COMPLAINTS!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Perfect MLBB type of color for my mid brown toned complexion. I love that I can wear it over or under other colors from pinks to beiges. I like combining it w/ Maybelline's "Daringly Nude" and NYC "Nolita Neutral" for example to give my lips more beige. The texture is nice and smooth. Extremely opaque as it covers the lines and imperfections of my lips well. Great Fall and Winter lipstick... Only complaint is the scent!

on 12/3/2015 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

When it comes to nudes for me, the more matte the better! But lately my lips have been feeling quite dry (thanks Chicago winter) and I was looking for a nude that was on the creamy side, pigmented but not "glossy". Cue, Teddy Bare! Lovely brown, with a hint of pink. If Kat Von D's Lolita, was in a cream form instead of liquid matte, it would probably resemble Teddy Bare. Glides on smoothly, subtle and smells great! You do have to reapply, but it's a cream so that's expected. Not bad for $6! Milani does it again!