MAC Bronze Shimmer Lipstick

MAC Bronze Shimmer Lipstick

4.1

on 1/6/2017 8:34:00 AM

On my NC42 complexion, this is a warm, very frosted, very golden bronze with barely discernible peach undertones. I like it but it's less versatile than some other MAC Frosts, simply because it's a very obvious, striking shade. You need to be in the mood to wear it, and it's not a 'no-brainer' lipstick - it does stand out.
Applied sheerly, I can see this working as a 'Bronze Goddess' shade. I would definitely wear some sort of base or powder with this because I think its best qualities are highlighted by a smooth complexion.
I give this four lippies because the shade is one of my gold standards for a bright frosted golden lip. That said, I don't wear the look often enough to run out, so I wouldn't repurchase.
I find the coverage and longevity on lips to be fine, I don't find it too drying, the price is okay and I like MAC packaging.

on 12/11/2015 2:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

If you are looking for a Gold this is it!!! I was on the hunt for a gold, saw this in the Mac store and was like ..... I NEEED THIS!! Love it!! Super pigmented, shimmery... in your face gold! It doesn't really transfer or smear. This can be worn with another colour for a golden shimmer, or you can wear it just by itself like me! I took off a lippie because it's very easy to fade into a lighter colour... but it doesn't look trashy when it does so I'm happy! I don't wear this a lot, but if I'm in the mood for a gold lip... I definately will!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a delicious, if slightly sheer, bronze. My only complaint really is that the pigmentation is not as great as I would like it to be - it really does take 4-5 layers to get opaque dark gold lips - and this can make touching up a little bit of a hassle, especially in dimly lit bathrooms, as it is quite obvious underneath good lighting if it is a bit on the patchy side.
A great mixer with other lipsticks, though. This over any kind of matte red lipstick becomes the perfect Christmas party colour!

This reminds me of MAC Plastique so much but a little more gold. This is a beautiful color!! It's pretty straightforward it's a bronzy frost. Not sure which lipliner would suit this as it's very unique but it's a perfect summer color awesome w a tan. I love MAC frosts best. Awesome color I wear this with black eyeliner/mascara, tons of bronzer, & brows. This seems to be kind of an obscure shade, if never heard of it til it popped up in a search here. I love brown lipsticks in general so I'm a big fan!! MAC has the bestttttt selection of nude shades & also unique shades. In addition to Bronze Shimmer & Plastique, Fabby is a gorgeous frost!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Great finish, frosty finish, lasts long, whatmore can I ask for this and o are my favorite mac an oh ya the Viva Glam IV and creamsheen divine night lipgloss (dark pruple sparkly lipglass lipglosses) I miss mattebe one strke and slimshine the slimtubes, but these colours make up for it - the brown-gold really stand out and is stunninga nd very shimmery, now wonder thats where the name came from. I put on a very few layers and it makes my lips pop!!!!!!

Nr 2 in my alltime favorite mac lipsticks. Why is this not popular????
It's a bronze, a gold shimmery colour. I ADORE FROST finishes. It's sheer but it gives a pop of gold shimmer. What's not to love about it. I'm fair, blonde and have grey - blue eyes, can't really pull of warm colours but who cares? If I love it, I will wear it. I want to be a bronze goddess sometimes.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this a few months ago because I wanted something that went well with my hair (turquoise). I definitely succeeded. It's a really beautiful, sparkly gold. It's really mermaid-looking. I like using it over other lipsticks too.

on 11/14/2010 1:32:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I really like this color. I have fair, warm, yellow hued skin and red hair. This color is a golden bronze frost and looks great alone for a very golden beachy look, or layered over a neutral matte lipstick to make it last longer. If I want to add some pink to it, I put Mac plastique over it (it's more of a pinkish bronze) and then add a dab of Mac's oh baby lip glass. Sometimes I use clinique long last soft shine matte lipstick in sugar bean first almost like a base for my lipstick. It's a neutral brown that's totally matte and stays on forever. Then I put the bronze shimmer or plastique over and my lipstick. People always ask me how my lipstick is still on even after a meal (that's thanks to the clinique lipstick.)

Dup alert- Zuzu's Vegas color is an almost identical color lipstick. It's a vegan brand found at whole foods. I have recently switched over to this brand because the ingredients have less chemicals.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Do not buy this based on MAC's swatch, I was expecting more of a gold but it's def a bronzey brown with golden shimmer. I wouldn't buy it again- it is really pretty if your looking for a bronze lipstick though.<3

on 4/5/2009 2:05:00 PM

Mac have some very nice and very unusual lip colours. I chose this one solely on its colour - it's a sort of coppery gold I think I would describe it. I think it suits me quite well - fair skin and red hair. But I find it doesn't last very long at all. I don't know if the formula is any different to the other Mac lipsticks I have but this one doesn't stand a chance even after a couple of sips of water.

So - nice colour but won't buy again.