Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

4.4

Water, Caprylyl, methicone, cyclopentasiloxane, ethylhexyl mexthoxycinnamate, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl salicylate, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cetyl ethylhexaoate, cilica, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, ethylhexyl trazone, butylene glycol, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, peg-12 dimethicone, quaterium-18 bentonite, triethoxycaprlylsilxane, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) extract, taraxacum offinale (Dandelion) Rhizome/root extract, carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, lincolei acid, linolenic acid, salvia hispanica seed oil, ethylhexyl olivate, sodium potassium aluminum silicate, mica, alumina, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance, CI 19140, Chromium oxide greens, ultramarines

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

This review is for the mint one. It was good at colour correcting my acne scarring. It added slightly more wear time to my foundation but at the end of a work day my oily skin would have removed most of the makeup. It does work great for the price.

Damn this is good! The green is perfect for correcting red skin and keeps my foundation sitting well all day. It also dries matte yet still moisturisers my skin. My only issue is that they don't have a primer without colour correcting in this range.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Holy Grail!

I have combo, acne prone skin. I have a light skin tone (NC 20 Mac) with very red cheeks from hyper pigmentation due to acne. I wear the green to counteract my acne on my cheeks only.

This product looks green, but on application it makes my skin white. I wait for it to dry, then apply foundation on top. If I use foundation only, within a few hours my cheeks become pink/red quite quickly. If I use this, it prolongs the time it takes for my cheeks to become red. I use a lot less foundation so I save money on my expensive Lancome.

It doesn't look cakey despite me layering this.

I also bought the pink - but I must admit I don't use it. It is great for those with pale, sallow complexions because it adds some pinkness.

The apricot one generally seems to lighten the complexion. After I use up my mint one, I will use this one (but it's not as effective as the mint green).

The product has a creamy texture. I usually use my fingers to blend. This product is affordable. It's portable in the squeeze tube container. It also does not irritate my skin or cause acne.

I highly recommend this product. Extremely pleased with the purchase :)

**I'm not sure how darker skin tones would do with these. They all seem to generally lighten the complexion - which is negated by foundation anyway, but some people might not like.

I have been using this primer in the Mint colour for about 6 weeks now and let me say, it is AMAZING for my acne ridden skin!

Pros:
-adds an extra layer of coverage
-works as a colour corrector for red spots
- is SPF 30
- good consistency
- can be worn on its own ( for the GYM ect..)
- price is really good
- hasn't aggravated my sensitive skin

Cons:
- the packaging makes it a little difficult to squeeze the product out

This has worked wonders for my skin. I find I need less foundation as this really evens the skin tone out. I also don't need to use my green colour correcting concealer anymore.
If you have problematic skin I could not recommend this enough!

Wowzers. I do love this. I have it in Mint - I have olive skin, oily/acne-prone and with naturally larger pores, but I take care of it and it's pretty good skin. I do have random texture issues, redness, and hyperpigmentation that is like whatever, but definitely detracts from a "perfect" look. Enter this stuff.

Price: Gor it for about $10 off Amazon. Packaging: crazy cute little green squeeze tube with a sizeable amount of product inside (1.23 oz, for reference my Benefit Porefessional is 0.75 oz). Actual stuff: a very green, thick yet creamy paste, very faint pleasant scent.

Application is easy, a small amount will do ya. It has a dry-ish texture and to be clear, the green isn't some wimpy tone, it's like, GREEN - so start small and work to your desired effect. I apply to my entire face and not only does it cancel a majority of my inherent ruddiness, it makes me oddly pale. So I think for me, wearing it alone isn't my best option lol. In addition, it blurs pores, extends the life of my makeup, curbs oiliness. It's not the absolute best at these secondary attributes, but it's good enough for me to be a one-and-done product most days. It adds this weird, ethereal, matte glow. It hasn't broken me out. It just makes the whole situation look really, really good.

Notes:
- I like to cocktail primers - use this all over, add some Porefessional to the inner cheeks/nose, add some hardcore oil controlling juice on the forehead, if you're looking to go balls out, do some Goss method with the whole deal, and damn if you're not a flawless creature. Everything has a purpose, but this is amazing on its own.
- I sometimes mix a small amount with my tinted sunscreen for a lesser yet still effective...effect
- In a pinch I have smeared a bit on a shiny forehead, it also works as an impromptu mattifier just be aware of how green it is haha
- It's super affordable for such a great product!!!

Can we just have all the Etude House stateside PLEASE.

This is by far my favorite primer yet. I got this in the mint shade which was perfect for my redness and pimples. Not only does it do an excellent job of reducing the redness, but it even brightens my skin and gives me a healthy glow! It makes my foundation go on a lot smoother and makes it look less muddied. Will definitely be repurchasing. HG primer!

This is my holy grail primer. It is very tough to find a multi tasking primer for combination skin, especially if you have oily T-zone and random dry patches. i find that this actually gives you some coverage for redness and does not cling to dry patches. It gives me a nice smooth finish with a silky matte feel. Makeup goes on fantastic and even after my face starts getting oily, my makeup did not cake or melt or disintegrate. It gives me a sort of glowy look instead.

*Review based on new squeezy tube packaging and in the colour mint.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh i just can't go out without this stuff.
I have spider veins in my cheeks, bb cream or foundation alone cannot cover it well.
But this baby choux (green one) can solve those problem, and oil control is pretty good.
Must have item before foundation/ bb cream routine.
Not to mention the price, so cheap ^^v
This is my 3rd bottle. And absolutely will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this off of Amazon based on the reviews from here and Amazon. I am so happy I took a chance on this product! My skin is very fair and on the dry side and I bought the baby choux base in peach, although I would like to try it in green too. This product does a great job of evening out the redness, so much so that I do not need to wear foundation over it. I just put a little concealer under my eyes and I ready to go. It also lasts a lot longer that foundation on me and my makeup looks just as fresh in the late afternoon. A pea sized drop goes a long way.

Never belived in my lifetime I would use a primer. I have trimmed beard, lightly oily t-zone and slighly sensitive skin with cheeks getting red easily.

After using a very basic skincare regime for years (foaming cleanser and light moisturiser) age made me advance my regime step by step as different skin challenges arised. Now I have arrived at makeup. Ha!

This is for the Peach choux as I believed (working with graphic design my colour knowledge reasoned for me) it would work best on my (winter)pale nordic skin.
I have the tube - a jar wouldn't look quite at home in my bathroom cabinet.

And it is truly a wonder product working charms for my skin. Easy to apply after moisturiser and carefully blending it towards my harlines it just gives me my youthful apperance back.
(Had to practice a few times to get it right and not overdone - less is more than enough).

Airbrushed skin, minimal pores and even holds back some of the oiliness usual appearing after some hours. Not in use every day, but when needed to be representabel with customers it's on in less then 30 sec's in the morning.

Have also been trying it on evenings and it gave me that sensual skin tone one gets in candle light.

Can probably not use this in summertime as it will be to pale then, thats why one lippie was removed,

Highly recommended for guys too who want to prolong that virile subtle good skin look.