Etude House Sweet Recipe Baby Choux Base

4.3

Water, Caprylyl, methicone, cyclopentasiloxane, ethylhexyl mexthoxycinnamate, titanium dioxide, ethylhexyl salicylate, cyclohexasiloxane, glycerin, dimethicone crosspolymer, butylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, cetyl ethylhexaoate, cilica, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, ethylhexyl trazone, butylene glycol, caprylyl methicone, sodium chloride, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer, peg-12 dimethicone, quaterium-18 bentonite, triethoxycaprlylsilxane, gossypium herbaceum (Cotton) extract, taraxacum offinale (Dandelion) Rhizome/root extract, carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Seed oil, lincolei acid, linolenic acid, salvia hispanica seed oil, ethylhexyl olivate, sodium potassium aluminum silicate, mica, alumina, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, ethylhexylglycerin 1,2-hexanediol, fragrance, CI 19140, Chromium oxide greens, ultramarines

I have been using this primer in the Mint colour for about 6 weeks now and let me say, it is AMAZING for my acne ridden skin!

Pros:
-adds an extra layer of coverage
-works as a colour corrector for red spots
- is SPF 30
- good consistency
- can be worn on its own ( for the GYM ect..)
- price is really good
- hasn't aggravated my sensitive skin

Cons:
- the packaging makes it a little difficult to squeeze the product out

This has worked wonders for my skin. I find I need less foundation as this really evens the skin tone out. I also don't need to use my green colour correcting concealer anymore.
If you have problematic skin I could not recommend this enough!

Wowzers. I do love this. I have it in Mint - I have olive skin, oily/acne-prone and with naturally larger pores, but I take care of it and it's pretty good skin. I do have random texture issues, redness, and hyperpigmentation that is like whatever, but definitely detracts from a "perfect" look. Enter this stuff.

Price: Gor it for about $10 off Amazon. Packaging: crazy cute little green squeeze tube with a sizeable amount of product inside (1.23 oz, for reference my Benefit Porefessional is 0.75 oz). Actual stuff: a very green, thick yet creamy paste, very faint pleasant scent.

Application is easy, a small amount will do ya. It has a dry-ish texture and to be clear, the green isn't some wimpy tone, it's like, GREEN - so start small and work to your desired effect. I apply to my entire face and not only does it cancel a majority of my inherent ruddiness, it makes me oddly pale. So I think for me, wearing it alone isn't my best option lol. In addition, it blurs pores, extends the life of my makeup, curbs oiliness. It's not the absolute best at these secondary attributes, but it's good enough for me to be a one-and-done product most days. It adds this weird, ethereal, matte glow. It hasn't broken me out. It just makes the whole situation look really, really good.

Notes:
- I like to cocktail primers - use this all over, add some Porefessional to the inner cheeks/nose, add some hardcore oil controlling juice on the forehead, if you're looking to go balls out, do some Goss method with the whole deal, and damn if you're not a flawless creature. Everything has a purpose, but this is amazing on its own.
- I sometimes mix a small amount with my tinted sunscreen for a lesser yet still effective...effect
- In a pinch I have smeared a bit on a shiny forehead, it also works as an impromptu mattifier just be aware of how green it is haha
- It's super affordable for such a great product!!!

Can we just have all the Etude House stateside PLEASE.

To Read all 22 Reviews, Login or Join

This is by far my favorite primer yet. I got this in the mint shade which was perfect for my redness and pimples. Not only does it do an excellent job of reducing the redness, but it even brightens my skin and gives me a healthy glow! It makes my foundation go on a lot smoother and makes it look less muddied. Will definitely be repurchasing. HG primer!

This is my holy grail primer. It is very tough to find a multi tasking primer for combination skin, especially if you have oily T-zone and random dry patches. i find that this actually gives you some coverage for redness and does not cling to dry patches. It gives me a nice smooth finish with a silky matte feel. Makeup goes on fantastic and even after my face starts getting oily, my makeup did not cake or melt or disintegrate. It gives me a sort of glowy look instead.

*Review based on new squeezy tube packaging and in the colour mint.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Oh i just can't go out without this stuff.
I have spider veins in my cheeks, bb cream or foundation alone cannot cover it well.
But this baby choux (green one) can solve those problem, and oil control is pretty good.
Must have item before foundation/ bb cream routine.
Not to mention the price, so cheap ^^v
This is my 3rd bottle. And absolutely will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this off of Amazon based on the reviews from here and Amazon. I am so happy I took a chance on this product! My skin is very fair and on the dry side and I bought the baby choux base in peach, although I would like to try it in green too. This product does a great job of evening out the redness, so much so that I do not need to wear foundation over it. I just put a little concealer under my eyes and I ready to go. It also lasts a lot longer that foundation on me and my makeup looks just as fresh in the late afternoon. A pea sized drop goes a long way.

Never belived in my lifetime I would use a primer. I have trimmed beard, lightly oily t-zone and slighly sensitive skin with cheeks getting red easily.

After using a very basic skincare regime for years (foaming cleanser and light moisturiser) age made me advance my regime step by step as different skin challenges arised. Now I have arrived at makeup. Ha!

This is for the Peach choux as I believed (working with graphic design my colour knowledge reasoned for me) it would work best on my (winter)pale nordic skin.
I have the tube - a jar wouldn't look quite at home in my bathroom cabinet.

And it is truly a wonder product working charms for my skin. Easy to apply after moisturiser and carefully blending it towards my harlines it just gives me my youthful apperance back.
(Had to practice a few times to get it right and not overdone - less is more than enough).

Airbrushed skin, minimal pores and even holds back some of the oiliness usual appearing after some hours. Not in use every day, but when needed to be representabel with customers it's on in less then 30 sec's in the morning.

Have also been trying it on evenings and it gave me that sensual skin tone one gets in candle light.

Can probably not use this in summertime as it will be to pale then, thats why one lippie was removed (feels somehow odd to say lippie).

Highly recommended for guys too who want to prolong that virile subtle good skin look.

Ok, so let me start by saying this product in 'MINT' is a HOLY GRAIL item in my make up arsenal. Now, let me add that I have pale, European skin. I suffered from pretty sever acne as a teenager, and although I do not suffer from acne much anymore (I am now turning 20 this year) My face is CONSTANTLY red. I am not sure if this is from acne scarring all over, I just know it isn't rosacea. I look like tomato without make up on, so I used to use a lot of foundation to cover it, so after a long day out working or studying, my redness wouldn't shine through.

This product is a miracle for me. It isn't any good at all as a primer, but I used it as a foundation-yes, a foundation. I never left the house without anything on my face as I was too embarrassed about the redness, but now I pop this on before I run out the door, with some fair coloured powder so I set it and don't look like a complete ghost and I am good to go.

I am trying some cheaper alternatives at the moment (This cost me 12 AUD) but I am not liking them at all compared to this. It is such a soft - almost powdery- texture that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (I have super sensitive skin), so I will continue to repurchase, as I cant live with out this! Almost no need for foundation, unless for a flawless, full coverage effect!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hated this product. I received a sample from Etude House after buying lots of stuff from them, but I think this product just doesn't work for me, best for people with really fair skin.

I love Korean and Japanese products and products from Etude house except their face products for some reason...always aiming for fairer skin which is just a nono for me. Anything for the face should be kept to a similar skin tone in my opinion.

I thought this would work as some sort of corrector. I had the sample and was interested in what it would do to my face, but all it did was leave this white sheen on my face that made it look like I was trying to wear a lighter color foundation. I'm sure you've seen those disasters before. It looked grey and dull and just meh.

Texture was unique...smooth, I think it would suit very fair skinned people, nothing darker though, it has a nice pink tint to it that I think could complement their skin tone, but on my face it just looks terrible.

I suggest you do not purchase this product if you do not have fair skin. And this is not a solution to getting fair skin either. Keep it natural girls/boys x

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I've got the green one. It has nice not too siliconey texture and can smooth out lightly your pores as well. Not as good as pore cover primers but still decent. If you apply lots you can expect it to give you grey face on photos. I actually liked to use it under a BB cream, but kind of didn't feel that I need it. I could easily go with pore cover base and foundation. I got most use of this in winter when my face goes easily red because of wind and low temperatures, also where I live there is high humidity level so the cold bites violently. Green version conceals redness really well - my face only looked slightly pink. Then the colds went away and base kind of just waited its time. Until I bought a BB cream that gives me pink undertone while I'm neutral (It's The Precious Mineral BB) I mix it 1:1 and get that desired neutral tone.
The tube version is very convenient and I'd say better value. Minty version has minty/sweet scent that is pretty light to me. Overall I recommend and will probably repurchase. It has SPF25.