MAC Frost - Romp [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 5/9/2017 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Brown super frosted shadow. Very pigmented. Blends very nicely. Kinda has a goldish shimmer. It's pretty but not for me. Shade looks great with light hazel or amber eyes.

Best shimmery (medium dark) brown ever!!
Price: $15.68 CAD
Colour: medium dark golden-ish chocolate brown
Finish: soft shimmer
Texture: creamy
Pigmentation: full
I've been eyeing this for about a year now. I limit myself to 2 e/s per visit and I decided to grab some. I don't know about US but we still have these in Canada.... It's simply the colour of milk chocolate "laced with gold"
Gorge!

on 5/9/2012 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is a super-shiny medium brown with a distinct gold tinge. While this goes on buttery-smooth and lasts well, this isn't a particularly unique colour (I think MAC has discontinued) and I'd expect there would be a lot of dupes around. I've used very little of this as I tend to reach more for MAC Bronze when I'm after this depth of brown. This is nice used as a liner though.

on 2/20/2012 1:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I would buy this product again if I could, but it has now been discontinued. As for the performance, it pairs well with swiss chocolate in the crease. Together they look like a sweet candy bar on my eyes. The color has a golden hue to it and it should look nice on most skin tones. On my NC50 skin, it looks really natural and subtle. There is very little fall out and there is no need to constantly dip in the product to get the color to show. It is true to color and just beautiful.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Looks nice with Bronze e/s. Not anything outstanding or special in my stash. Used it once or twice in a year.

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

just got this shade on ebay-gorgeous is the only word I can find to best describe the color and finish. It did take a couple of applications to get the full color effect-not too sparkly. Used as a lid color with Embark in the crease and blanc type to highlight & blend. Got compliments on it. Highly recommend for a neutral smoky look.

on 10/31/2011 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Beautiful! This one is a real gem. Really high-shine metallic gold/brown. Nice and pigmented but can be applied sheer with a large brush. Looks great when built up just on the lids, or as a highlight over or around less intense brown shades. I didnt expect this to be so metallic (I bought it online) but Im glad it is. My new all-rounder!

on 10/28/2011 10:29:00 AM

I purchased this shadow over a month ago and it has become one of my favourite shadows to reach for when I want a quick, but polished look. I like to apply Romp on the lid, Wedge in the crease, Blanc Type on the brow bone, and then Romp smudged on the lower lash line. I find Romp to be quite pigmented and blends out beautifully, plus pairs well with many other shadows in my collection. Glad I finally purchased this shade and would repurchase.

on 9/19/2011 3:46:00 AM

Have to chime in on Romp. I was getting bored with my usual eyeshadows and wanted some new ones. I didn't have time to get to the MAC store or counter so after some research I decided on four colors; Romp, Naked Lunch, Shale and Carbon. As I only have about 8-10 MAC shades I wanted to build my collection and thought these colors were pretty basic and had great reviews.
By far my favorite is Romp. It is a great true medium brown with gold shimmer. No orange what so ever, which I love.
I have fair skin, blue eyes and cool undertones, I am an NW15 and have similar coloring to Julianne Moore. This color is great. I love wearing Satin Taupe but it is a bit dark for me and looks harsh if I am tired, Romp is perfect. If I am tired it really brightens up my eyes, no one has told me I look tired while wearing it. I have been wearing Romp on my lids and blending it up to the crease, a couple times I used Charcoal Brown in the crease, both ways looks appropriate for daytime/office. I use TFSI followed by MAC Groundwork paint pot then Romp on top, staying power is fantastic, 12+ hours a couple days, very little fall out and color pay off is great.

I highly recommend this color and did want to mention that I think this color would be stunning on people with green eyes. My blue eyes stand out with this color but I think on green eyes it would be even better.

on 7/11/2011 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is a lovely everyday colour. Easy wearing. If I'm not wearing my Mac paintpot in constructivist then this is my alternative. Its not an 'in your face' bronze its just quite subtle and wearable for everyday use and when you want a 'quiet' makeup day. I am NW45 for reference