Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra

Tom Ford Bronzing Powder in Terra

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

The best. This bronzer is actually impossible to f up! No matter how much I put on my brush it goes on naturally, it blends in like a dream, it's so buttery. It's an odd one because it goes ob light but still packs a punch. My 4 year old niece was 'doing my make up' for fun and of course brushed on about three tonnes of this on me - you know what, it still looked ok! You can contour with it, you can bronze with it, the mirror is huge (I have the big one) and this is just perfection. Nothing bad to say whatsoever and that's good because it costs a fortune,

on 1/8/2017 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I usually stay away from bronzers, they look too orange or too shimmery or make me look muddy.

I had a discount code for Selfridges and I happened to go nuts and got quite a few products, I love the bronzer packaging but I wasn't in the mood for shimmer (Gold Dust) and thought Bronze Age would be too dark for my NC15-20 complexion.

I love this bronzer because it's cool toned, no orange undertones and gives me a slight sun kissed look but it's still very sheer and forgiving. Also if I'm the mood for a no foundation look, I just put some concealer, this bronzer and some blush and I'm good to go.

I bought the smaller pan because since I have a love/hate relationship with bronzers I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something that might end on the back of my makeup shelf. However, when I finish I will get the normal sized one. This one is great for travelling though.

I'm pretty sure that are a lot of more affordable products but the colour on this one just basically makes it worth every cent.

on 9/24/2016 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Okay, so I was so certain I was going to love Terra that I bought both the small and large compacts in one go, sight unseen. Well, turns out my hunch was right - like all the other reviewers here, I love, love Terra and, yes, this is going to be a five star review. BUT I will say that in my case, it wasn't love at first swipe - it actually took me a while to figure out how to use Terra. More on that below:

Coverage/Pigmentation: yup, this is one bronzer that's impossible to overdo - even really pale people would be hard pressed to go overboard with Terra. I'm around N/NC 15 and when I first applied this using a typical fluffy bronzer brush, the colour payoff was so sheer I couldn't even see it on my face (despite a very heavy handed application). If you're looking for an all over the face bronzer, this isn't the best choice because of 1) the sheerness and 2) the lack of warmth in the colour...

Colour: So, despite the earthy sounding name, which had me picturing a reddish terracotta shade, Terra actually leans pretty cool. It's not ashy or anything - there's definitely still some warmth in it - but it's so neutral that it falls right between a contour powder and a bronzer. The matte finish is definitely more reminiscent of a contour product than a bronzer. Going back to the colour, this is one of those biscuity, lightly toasted shades that looks rather unexciting in the pan but does some sort of voodoo magic on your face. It's amazing at defining your cheekbones, jawline and nose (i like to blend it into my eye socket too) in a very natural 'non-toured' way. Think more along the lines of 'tan-toured' - like you just got back from an extended vacation in Mykonos and generally live the life of a jet-setting global nomad with a sizeable trust fund. THAT is how Terra makes you look (expensive, effortless, maybe a little entitled).

Application: So, as I mentioned earlier, it took me a while to get Terra to work for me. To achieve the aforementioned tan-toured look, I like to use a really dense brush with shortish bristles and a flattish, slightly domed top. For me, the Chikuhodo GSN-2 brush ticks all those boxes but I imagine any dense kabuki style brush would also work. What you really want is to buff the powder into your skin and since it's so sheer, a dense brush is far better at picking up the product while the short bristles will give you more control over application. That said, this is just my own personal preference and I'm sure there are plenty of ways Terra could work for you.

Bottom line : l love Terra and although it's pricey, it's worth every penny and I will keep shelling out for it (speaking of which, go for the large size if you buy this - it works out WAY cheaper). I do think that because of its sheerness, Terra will work best for fair to light skinned people, probably going up to around NC/NW30. Besides that, the only advice I have is to keep in mind what brush you're going to use. Your fluffy bronzer brushes probably aren't going to cut it for this product.

on 2/22/2016 10:24:00 AM

Love this so much. I was using MAC's matte bronzer and Benefit hoola. This blows them out of the water. It blends like a dream in seconds, whereas the other two blended out after tedious brushing- they were just patchy on my skin. This is gorgeous in my light, neutral skintone. I bought this over gold dust because I didn't want any shimmer, but I suspect when summer comes, I'll probably buy gold dust. They're just beautiful. It doesn't accentuate dry patches like some bronzers can on the skin. If you're on the fence, I'd highly recommend that you purchase. I bought the smaller one, but I'm definitely buying the bigger one after this. You get a TON of product for what you pay, just like all Tom Ford products. I have a feeling I'll have the small one for a year or so. Expensive, but so worth it.

on 2/1/2016 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Wonderful matte bronzing powder which adds warmth to my light NW15 complexion without turning orange. It is very finely milled and applies nicely. Packaging is a beautiful white mirrored magnetic square compact with gold rim. The item also includes a faux suede white sleeve for travel. Elegant, sleek and sturdy. This is my new favorite bronzer, I bought the small size for travel and the large one for everyday at home. The small compact retails for $65, the large one for $95. Worth every penny.

on 1/24/2016 10:54:00 PM

This bronzer is gigantic. $95 is nothing to laugh at, so the size is very much appreciated. I use this with the matching bronzer brush, which is just as huge. Tom Ford is famous for his extremely pigmented blushes, but this bronzer is quite the opposite and in a good way. Bronzer is tricky for ivory-skinned ladies such as myself, but this one is a breeze. It is almost impossible over-apply this subtle bronzer, but it does build up beautifully if you want it to. This matte bronzer is very far from orange, closer even to red. I imagine that this has enough grey in it to function as something of a bronzer-contour powder, as it adds enough definition and shadow to skip the subtle contour. Lasting powder is excellent, I never need to touch up. I definitely recommend this to practically everyone looking for a subtle everyday bronzer, especially fair and light-skinned ladies. I am quite fair myself, and on me this bronzer mimics a natural tan, or even just shadow. I apply this to the sides of my face, around my temples and along my jawline, showing off the glowing skin at the centre portion of my face even further.

on 12/6/2015 5:16:00 AM

The price is highway robbery. Though the price per once isn't the worst, the same amount of bronzer in other brands would run you about 20-30$ less. This is a very nice cool toned bronzer. LOVE IT. It's more on the sheer side and hard to mess up, and has an amazing finely milled texture. It clams to have gem stones in it which is cool, but does not leave any glitter which I love.

* Brown packing now discounted in the bronzer and they now have TF engraved in the powder.

** They make a new smaller size thats better for travel, but you if you can afford the difference go for the big one for the extra $30 it's a better deal and a much nicer pan.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Terra is a matte not that dark cool toned bronzer. You get 21 g of product in a huge beautiful compact, so I do not think it's that expensive for the amount of product you get. It's matte but the effect on skin it's not, it melts seamlessly into your skin ( and I have dry skin with flaky eczema). It gives a silicone smooth effect in a good way, glowy without any shimmer. It's hard to over bronze with this even on my very light skin and it never looks streaky. I use the Chanel angled powder brush #2 to apply and it works. The staying power is good. The BEST bronzer I've ever tried.