Cle de Peau Luminizing Face Enhancer

Cle de Peau Luminizing Face Enhancer
Luminizing Face EnhancerLuminizing Face EnhancerLuminizing Face EnhancerLuminizing Face Enhancer

4.5

PEG / PPG-36/41 dimethyl ether, acetyl hyaluronic acid Na, hyaluronate, talc, polymethylsilsesquioxane, vaseline, triethylhexanoin, dimethicone, synthetic wax, polyethylene, zinc myristate, Argania spinosa oil, Mortierella oil, Acid Na, diisostearyl malate, sorbitan sesquiisostearate, zinc oxide, microcrystalline wax, borosilicate (Ca / Al), ethylhexylglycerin, (vinyl dimethicone / methicone silsesquioxane) crosspolymer, tin oxide, silica, Tocopherol, tetrahydrotetramethylcyclotetrasiloxane, tetradecene, silicic acid (Na / Mg), glycerin, hydrogen dimethicone, polyacrylate-4, hydroxypropylcellulose, chlorphenesin, fragrance, mica, titanium oxide, synthetic phlogopite, iron oxide

on 5/20/2017 11:48:00 AM

OMG it's such a very expensive highlighter but it's worth every penny. I've spent it around the year but it's still there and I'm not sure when it runs out. 10g for 90$ item. It makes your skin glow naturally.

on 11/17/2016 5:11:00 AM

The number 16 is the most subtle of these highlighters: a pinkish beige with hints of lavender. Seriously hated the totally unnecessary glitter spray on top of the powder: THAT kind of highlight was exactly what I was trying to avoid when I bought this product, so WTH is the point of it then? The sales lady explained that it`s just a top layer, but even she couldn`t explain its purpose. The highlight itself is gorgeous: just so subtle and creamy, undetectable on the skin, does not enhance pores, just everything you`d expect at this price point. My only issue is with the pricing: even though I live in Japan I still grumble at having to spend so much. Love this A LOT more than my Bobbi Brown shimmer brick in beige. That one is still going strong, but the surface has kind of hardened so it doesn`t give as much Oomph! as when I first bought it. Plus CDP doesn`t emphasize pores at all, while the shimmer brick requires really careful placing. I might repurchase, but probably quite a few years down the road, as this is more than enough product for me for a good while.

on 2/19/2016 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i'm a highlighter fiend--cream, powder, liquid. if it says "luminizing", i'll try it. i prefer luminous, iridescent and glowing over shimmery and metallic. i've tried all four shade, and Pastel and Sand Beige are my favorites. Pastel is a luminous, multi-toned, soft, iridescent shimmer. a little white, a little gold--not warm, but not too cold either. Sand Beige is a neutral/slightly warm sandy-peachy-beige color. too dark to use as a highlighter for me, but i use it as a cheek/bronzer color. it's not too shimmery, but provides a luminous warmth. Gold was too yellow and more glittery--felt kind of "blah" on my skin. Pink was the shade i thought i'd enjoy the best, but i prefer Pastel. Pink is shimmery and a bit more flat--white/silvery pink.

texture is a silky, almost creamy powder. lasts very well, even on my oily/combo skin. it's definitely a luxury purchase, but i scour ebay and poshmark for deals. (especially on the case, which is stunning but $$$)

NC15-20, and my ranking:
1. Pastel
2. Sand Beige
3. Pink
4. Gold

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I had wanted to try this for a while and felt I had thoroughly researched on the web, and with Christmas here I went to barneys and bought #14. I had very high hopes at this price point ($102 including tax)! I was looking for a soft wash of glow that I could enjoy daily. The packaging is heavy and multi faceted, looks nice on the counter. After my usual skincare and makeup routine, I brushed the powder on with the brush provided, and saw lots of glitter enhancing every pore. I believe the glitter is an overspray that doesn't go all the way through the product, (why?) As the day wore on I thought it was itchy, but I do have sensitive skin. So disappointed. Barneys kindly refunded my money which I appreciated.

on 8/25/2015 1:29:00 PM

I've given the usual highlighters and light-refracting setting powders several tries, including Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight, Benefit Watt's Up, and Guerlain Meteorites of various kinds, plus Hourglass Dim, Diffused, and Luminous light. All of them looked quite frosty on my olive-yellow NC20-25 skin, bringing out texture issues and sitting quite flat-sparkly on, even the KA Candlelight, which is supposed to be one of the more natural-looking of the powder highlights. Since my skin is already pretty shiny on its own, even though it's dry, I thought highlighter was basically pointless for me, especially since I care more about how makeup looks in person/to the naked eye rather than photographed.

In a duty free spending spree, I bought the pastel version, #11, in Japan where the current exchange rate made the 8000 yen for powder + case more or less reasonable. The super heavy case, attractive sculpting of the powder, and soft brush made it an OK luxury splurge. Even though there's a sparkle overspray on the powder, I put this on with my new squirrel brush along the tops of my (sort of existent) cheekbones and along the browbone and was completely blown away. For the first time I understand why people are constantly chasing the perfect highlighter: my skin, with the white-pastel tones of the Cle de peau luminizing powder, looked subtly and gorgeously plump, and light reflects off of the skin in a soft, pearly, lustrous, candlelit (ha) manner. The powder is basically undetectable on the skin, especially once the sparkly overspray is gone, and it only gets better looking and lasts through the day -- I catch myself narcissistically admiring my skin without being conscious of my pores, which was definitely an issue with the KA and Hourglass powders. Because of the mixed colors, the color correction seems to make me less sallow/more vibrant looking as well. I can actually see using this up and/or buying a backup refill (I think the refill price is reasonable, but not the price for case+refill), as I've used it everyday since I bought it.

on 7/29/2015 1:04:00 AM

How can a powder feel so creamy? And be so luminous on the skin?
This is one of my new favorites --- Don't know how I ever did without it!

on 7/21/2015 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

i am on my second package of this amazing eye shadow pallette. The perfect complement to brighten anyones eyes.

on 4/20/2014 9:46:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

This powder goes a long way..been using it for 2 years and I don't hit pan yet. Packaging comes with a brush so it is convenient. Sparkles are not VERY obvious and chunky (I'm looking at you, Za). I like how two swipes brighten up the face. That said, market has new competitors that make me indecisive on re purchasing (KA & Hourglass) so we shall see again when I hit pan.

on 2/21/2014 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product. I don't carry powder with me and use this as a mid-day pick-me-up to brighten up the face. Gives it a dewy glow. Much love. And it wil last forever as you only brush it on certain areas of your face (cheek bones, mid forehead, nose bridge, chin). Love the packaging too. Compact and comes with mirror and a practical soft velvety brush.

on 2/11/2014 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I got the #12 refill at a sale without the case (as they were sold out).

This IS a luxury item. The powder will feel amazing on your skin, as it is super super finely milled and it really does a magic of 'lighting' up your face. I feel great whenever I dust it on over make-up. I think this is a product that you should use sparingly, too much will look unnatural. It lasts a long while too, I could still see the effects by late afternoon.

I'm a yellow-toned olive skin who is not particularly tanned, and the colour of this powder may actually bring out the yellow undertones even more. I might be overly self-conscious about this because when I look at some of my photos while I was wearing this, it looks fine, and actually really nice and glowy. So if you are considering buying this luminizer, try on the different shades. There is a pastel one which adds more of a pink tone. I think this colour may not work for all skin tones, especially if you're yellow-toned.

I've tried the NARS highlighters which I generally like, but this CDP luminizer gives great results and feels luxurious.

I think I got it for SGD$45 as it was on sale, which is half the RRP so I got a good deal. I wouldn't spend $90 on it though (it's even more with the case). But if you can't think of any other way to spend your cash, you would be quite happy with this product if the colour suits you.