Nivea BB Cream in Light

Nivea BB Cream in Light

2.6

on 7/12/2016 2:42:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I got the light shade and it was too dark and too orange, the box didn't come sealed, it was easy for anyone to open it, so I don't know if the cream was a biit dry because of that. It didn't glide well and I feel it leaves my skin caky and unnatural. Despite being 39, my bare skin looks a lot better without any make up. I got this hoping it would help on those days were I had poor sleep, or to cover a bad face after a cold, but this is dissapoiting. (Sorry for my english!).ñ

on 7/1/2016 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to say, I don't fully understand the bad reviews this product has gotten. I think it is absolutely fantastic!

I was given a half finished bottle of this as a hand me down from someone who didn't want it anymore in the shade light. At first I was skeptical as I have a medium skin tone and am quite a dark beige colour. Strangely enough the light one worked on me almost perfectly - at first it looked a little orange, but after about 15 minutes that went away and it was the same colour as my skin tone.

I completely understand why other reviewers were upset about the shading problems: naturally, when you see "light" you think of a generic fair skinned person, not someone relatively dark like me! In this respect I think it was a complete fluke this cream worked on me.

Applying it was easy for me, I did not encounter the same problems as everyone else regarding it being difficult? However, if I didn't dab it on enough parts of my face it did get patchy. Despite the extremely thick consistency (which I absolutely despise, for the record. I only like practically runny foundations - anything thick in consistency is a major turn off for me) the application was fine. Not only that, but I hate the Nivea cream smell. Luckily, it went away a short while after I applied it.

The first time I applied it, I did not use a primer, setting powder or setting spray. It lasted roughly four hours and started to fade after that. I have only used it alone so I do not know how long a setting spray would prolong its wear.

As of regards to coverage, I would say it is light to medium. It doesn't conceal the under eyes very much but the rest of the face was covered up pretty well. It gives a natural and "no makeup" look. It evens the skin tone out very well and makes me look awake. Unfortunately, it gives a matte finish which I do not like - I much prefer a dewy, glowy look, but the problem is fixed with my concealer. This is entirely down to personal preference, though, so I cannot really take down points for that.

It didn't irritate my oily skin, it's lightweight and you forget it's on your face. I don't like its consistency, lasting time and under eye coverage. Other than that, it is everything I wanted in a BB cream and the price is the cherry on top. It was not even drying, nor did it make me super oily.

I will admit, though, I got lucky with the shade. If I was fair skinned and bought the light shade, I would seriously be annoyed. So it is by fluke that this BB cream turned out well. I wish it had a higher SPF or more "good skin" stuff, like vitamins or antioxidants or whatever - but you get what you pay for, I guess, and if I have higher demands I will probably have to shell out more for something higher quality. 4/5.

To Read all 16 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/12/2016 5:21:00 PM

It has a thick texture that sets too quickly. It looks cakey and the light shade is too dark. It made my skin look very oily after just 2 hours. I think it would be ok for dry skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very nice light weight and light coverage bb cream moisturiser. Cancels out 90% of redness and moisturisers without being oily. Semi-matte finish which lasts for a decent amount of time. Great for school because it is very natural. The colour I got is supposed to match all skin tones but was the slightest bit pink and dark for me. Only big downside is that it was very splotchy after blending with fingers so i will try a sponge or brush next time. Is also a bit dry to blend.

on 11/21/2015 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

The color light is not very light. I look darker and brow and I put this on.

on 6/21/2014 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Just a quick review. Although I used the medium/dark shade I noticed the same problems as people have previously mentioned.

The product does not glide smoothly at all and is very quick at setting. You have literally 30 seconds to do your entire face before looking like a camouflage suit.

The BB cream has a very thick texture similar to that of the original Nivea. The scent is somewhat nice! It's not a major floral scent but a mellow Nivea kind of smell which is pleasant to the nose.

The packaging is handy in the way all the product sits on the nozzle ensuring you get all the products inside. The tube does however get a bit grubby as expected with a make up product which is why a pump is handier.

The product provides you with a light to medium coverage which allows you to slightly build up for a medium coverage. The longevity of the product is ok, I would say roughly 8 hours with maybe one touch up.

The price is very reasonable and retails for roughly £6 in the UK but can always be found in the drugstore for under £4!

If the blending process was easier then this would be an excellent product however it does not live up to its expectations.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this bb creme!! firts is cheap, I love the packaging, and have 50ml. My skin looks amazing, and smell is great. Blends perfect in my skin. I also put a matt power so the texture feel amazing. In my opnion have better coverger than some foundations of the drogstore. But for going out at nigth with friends I will use a foundation.

Being completely honest, I was on the search for a BB cream for a long time and my mum got me this one from Germany in the shade Light, and according to her "it was at a very good and reasonable price"
The first couple of times I used this, I felt like it was perfect. It glided easily over my moisturizer and I dabbed it on with my fingers (yes I know I'm not supposed to, but I was too lazy to go buy a sponge) and it gave this sheer light coverage that covered any spot or scar I had.
I dislike that a lot of the product comes out with the lightest pressure applied on the tube, and it's a waste because you end up using very little of it.
However now that seasons changed (and my skin too), I feel like it's not the same product anymore. Since around early December, everytime I use the product, it appears more orangey/brownish and makes me face-especially my cheeks- looks like i drowned my face in cakey foundation. I'm not exaggerating. Ever seen an old lady with too much foundation on? That's exactly what I look like.
Plus, after a few hours it wears off. I've used setting powder over it several times but it always ends up being useless as it feels wet and icky.
I tried using the BB cream with a foundation brush but it just ends up streaky and doesn't blend. It does disappear eventually, but it's quite noticeable that I have some brown/orangey substance on my face.
Now that I have a lot of it left, I have no choice but to use it when necessary. The only benefit I'd have to point out is that I kind of look tanned in pictures. (yay?)

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I personally really like this product due to the fact that it didn't make me break out or make my skin oily, the only disappointing thing is that it is extremely hard to blend and after 3-4 hours it does fade off.

on 8/23/2013 5:23:00 AM

This is a very disappointing product. It doesn't glide on and leaves you with a patchy complexion. Afterwards the skin feels very dry and the cream looks caked-on. No amount of primer and refining powder can save this products.