Ben Nye Theatrical Eye Shadow Palette

1 review

on 4/13/2013 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I adore this palette. Nevermind the title 'Theatrical Makeup' as it's a lovely selection of matte neutrals that can be used by itself to give a great neutral or smokey eye or blended in with other colors. I find that with a little inspiration, I use this palette alone 6 days a week. It's perfect for so many looks. Also the pans are so big that I know even with daily usage, it'd take a year or two before I hit pan. Naimie's says : Expect 400 - 750 applications!

Matte makeup is so hard to blend but this eyeshadow is very blendable and applies exactly as it looks in the pan. On my dark skin, even popular brands like Urban Decay or Stila need so many applications that I hit pan before I should just to build up color. This goes on very pigmented after one or two swipes-- probably because it's made for theater. I love it so much that it's the only eyeshadow palette I travel with.

If I had to gripe, it's that I rarely use the white shade and will replace it with another color (probably a sage green or apricot-y champagne).

Popular Palettes