Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express Waterproof

3.8

where are the ingredients

I bought this one after seeing the ratings for this on MUA, originally I used the volume express falsies waterproof, and it wasn't horrible but it was very spidery and clumpy only with 2 coats...then when I saw the brush for the rocket up close, I decided to definitely give it a try.

I got it at Walmart for about $6 CDN, for this price I won't complain =)

packaging was alright no issues there, but I personally would prefer if the wand were already inside the tube bc I'm paranoid about germs and stuff...

I curled my eyelashes with my favourite Shu Uemura eyelash curler, and then applied about 5 or 6 coats of this mascara without letting it dry between coats.

I have to say I'm in love with this! SO much better than the falsies waterproof I was using - I think this one didn't clump or get spidery as much bc the brush here is made of that silicon material and is WAY more precise than the traditional bristle brush wands.

I have sensitive skin so firstly, no allergic reaction so that's a huge plus for me.

I did some intense cardio with this mascara on, full on with sweat, heat and grease on my face, and also kept it on while showering and NOTHING smudged!!! not one bit - no flakes or smudging, it held my curl the whole time (except when I showered but water always undoes my curl so that's expected) and it did look the slightest bit spidery after 5 coats, but it's hardly noticeable unless you shove your face into the mirror or someone shoves their face into yours REALLY close so I'm happy with that!

if you put on less coats it'll definitely have NO spidery look which is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. and the definition the brush gives is perfect!

in terms of volume it definitely gave my lashes some oomph, but still looks very natural (which I like, depends on what you're aiming for here - I prefer mostly definition bc I already have volume and length naturally) I can't really say much for length bc my eyelashes are naturally VERY long already...so i don't know if length-wise it made any difference.

will definitely keep on using this until I have some issue with it haha =) but from now on, this is my new HG mascara!!!

definitely recommend at least trying it, and I will buy again

[edit]
forgot to mention, I had no issues removing it with Maybelline's makeup remover for waterproof makeup (the pink bottle, mostly mineral oil) it came off very easily and I didn't have to rub or anything

I have very stick-straight, sparse eyelashes that are hard to curl, and it needs all the help that it can get. My HG mascara is the Maybelline Falsies Flared in Waterproof - but I had noticed that the waterproof version was no longer available in my local drugstores. So I picked up the Rocket mascara in hopes it would give me a similar effect.

On application, I noticed that it held a curl very nicely (not an easy feat for me) and gave me volume. However, when I started adding a second coat, it started to clump up my lashes and gave me a slightly spidery look- so if you like lots of mascara like I do, be careful of clumps.

I spent the whole day in the sun and this mascara did not budge at all, so it would be great for the beach/pool, parties, or for long days when you don't want to worry about touchups. Removal wasn't too different from removing other waterproof formulas - but I did notice that it was more stubborn and took a few more passes than normal to get it all off.

All in all would recommend for anyone who wants something that is long-lasting and will hold a curl. However I'm not sure I would repurchase when I run out because I prefer a less clumpy, more foolproof formula.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I decided not to repurchase this formula because it was so difficult to remove, and I would lose lashes in the process. This did give my lashes length and volume though, with no smudging or flakes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This paired with Kiko Milano Extra Sculpt Volume Mascara is my HG HG HG. Love it!

This is for those people who what trouble keeping their lashes curled! It's got a plastic wand that makes it easy to wiggle from the base of the lashes, and doesn't make my lashes clumpy. This is amazing to layer under other mascaras to really hold the curl. I'm not a big fan of the maybelline mascara packaging since it's so bulky in your makeup bag. Overall, one of the best mascaras out there for a great price!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

For stubborn lashes that will NOT hold a curl, this is the only mascara that has worked for me! High-end mascaras tend to be very thick and will weigh your lashes down! Will definitely respurchase. It does tend to clump a bit though.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Really nice well priced waterproof mascara. Love the large rubber brush and it lasts all day without smudging or smearing. Gives okay length and volume and holds a curl fairly well. Would repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Have only bought it once so far but will be buying again for sure!! I have very long lashes and this mascara really brings that out. Basically never clumps and can be built up quite a bit! I personally like to apply several coats to my lashes and this mascara allows me to do that without it looking thick or clumped. Oh, and it stays on FOREVER. Even in the pool!! I've had experience in the past with waterproof mascara smudging a bit or flaking off in the pool but not with this one.

Definitely recommend :)

This is the best mascara for the price!!! It doesn't clump for me, is easy to put on, and you can really build it up without it looking spidery or clumpy. The waterproof one is really great! I went swimming the other day and literally none of it came off! Holy grail mascara for sure.

I love this mascara. It doesn't clump up or run, it's perfect for a quick and easy application. The applicator brush is the best I've ever used. The mascara doesn't cling to the brush or clump on it, which makes for an easy sweep each time.