Laura Geller Baked Split Highlighter Duo with Brush

4.5

on 1/15/2016 10:02:00 AM

I bought this product in the French Vanilla/Portofino duo with brush on a whim at Beauty Brands based on the reviews I saw online, and I am not disappointed.

The Vanilla side is a glowy, barely-there shimmer highlighter that looks great on my super light, pink-toned skin. I use this during the day on cheekbones, above and around the eyebrows, etc for some lit-from-within glow. The Portofino side has a lot more shimmer and a peachy-er tone to it, but is still very flattering and neutral, and though I normally use it for night, I also like to swirl the two colors together for a quick touch up during the day.

I was very annoyed at first by the brush - as it essentially looked to me like a giant cheap foam eyeshadow applicator. It is NOT. It is soft and of excellent quality. A smart tool, too, as it allows you to put the highlights exactly where you want it - no overuse of product, no waste, no discoball face.

The 42-dollar price tag bugged me to start, but the product is great, you get a good sized, heavy duty compact, and the brush is great too, so that works out to be a good deal for me on something I use daily.

This is the first product in months (not joshing) I haven't rushed back to return. So that says a lot. The price really is high - it's powder for goodness sake. But I knew how much it was when I bought it.

It really stands out on my fair skin. It stays put like no one's business and that is usually a big problem for my oily, combo, sensitive skin. Although fair, I have a warm/olive complexion and many highlighters look ashy. Not this one.

The "brush" is ok. I was suprised it applied product so well. You get a lot of control. But I have played around with my other brushes and used this powder lightly to diffuse and brighten my under eye area. Overall a nice product. Clearly it will last forever but I can see repurchasing this. The packaging is appropriate, slightly large to tote around but there is a mirror. No smell. No breakouts. No animal testing.