Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

What a great find! I love everything about this from the round sponge applicator to the elegant texture and finish of this foundation. It takes me about 3 minutes to put on my makeup in the morning now and it looks SO natural and like real skin. I bought the "tender peach" and was alarmed at how dark it is in the compact. I thought for sure it wouldn't match my skin, but it blends in very well and goes on lighter. Go to the Revlon website and look at the model they use for tender peach - her skintone is pretty accurate to what this color matches. It has a slight warm undertone. If you are fair, try the shade one step up that's lighter.

on 1/12/2017 2:48:00 AM

This had such a lovely natural finish while still providing medium coverage. Paula's review on Beautypedia was spot on that this has the nicest finish that I've tried of a creme to powder foundation from the drugstore.

Unfortunately, I had to return it because I immediately broke out in tiny pimples/ rash along my hairline after using this. I don't usually have sensitive skin.

Please, see my notepad for a referral link for $10 off Paula's Choice, and $10 off Thredup and Woolovers.

on 8/27/2016 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I say I would purchase it again, its just because I don't think I'll find anything quite as good. Here in Nairobi, the price is Kshs. 2,650 which is around 25 USD. I got this in Carob and I love the finish, it was just the right balance of matte and dewy.

PROS:
It has an almost invisible smell
It never broke me out.
It has light to medium coverage and is really easy to apply.
The sponge that comes with it is really fantastic and I am so in love with that sponge, its fine and smooth and perfect.
It has a really great dewy-ish, flawless finish

CONS
I have oily/combination skin, my T-Zone gets very oily and I noticed that if applied at around 6.00 AM, I'd have to start blotting my face at around 10.00 AM because my T-Zone would start to really shine.
It transfers EVERYWHERE, even with a good primer and setting powder. If you can train yourself not to touch your face and avoid hugs, you should be good to go.
It doesn't really have a matte finish.
It refuses to wash off beauty blenders and sponges. Even the sponge it comes with will not get clean after several washes. Use disposable sponge triangles or a beauty blender you don't really care about.

I wouldn't recommend it for oily skin.

I would recommend it for normal skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Gave this 64 year old woman a horrible infected cyst, the first one I've had in over 30 years.

I used Sand Beige and liked the formula, but the color was like mud when I looked at in the sunlight. Just like I had smeared mud on my face, a greyish brown color.

I'm really upset as I paid about $15 for this and threw away the reciept and this big infection/cyst on my cheek looks like it will be here for a long time.

The was NOT the "new complexion" I was looking for! Yes the formula is smooth and natural, buy my skin has been wrecked by this. It happened after using this for 2 days in a row. It's the only new thing I put on or done to my face.

on 7/17/2016 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is hands down the best drugstore foundation, ever. Have used for at least 10 years. It is fragrance-free, has SPF, and provides flawless coverage. I can use it as a full face foundation, or on my cheeks to cover redness or hyperpigmentation. The sponge applicator is good, but I use my fingers for spot application. May not be the best choice for oily skins, but for normal to dry, I think it rocks. Would put it up against dept store brands. Less luminous than CG/Olay Simply ageless, which I also use, but that one is better in winter. This is actually glitter/"radiance" free, which I like. I have light to medium sensitive skin and use sand beige. I do hope they do not discontinue this product; the fact that this is now the 4th repackaging gives me hope. It's hard to find in all stores, and runs about 14-15 dollars in the local drug stores. Worth it, esp if you will only use it on cheeks/upper lip, etc.

on 7/7/2016 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love love love this foundation!

I have used New Complexion for years. It was the only non powder foundation I could use, without breaking out *for the most part...se CONS area, below*. The coverage is flawless. You can apply as sheerly as you like, or go to full out coverage without any cakeiness. Once it sets, it feels weightless on the skin. It also photographs beautifully, with no flashback. I have used this product to contour my face (sand beige for fdtn, ivory to highlight, and toast to contour). They blend seamlessly when buffed with a synthetic buffing brush. If you want good coverage with a NON powder foundation that leaves your skin looking natural, THIS is your product!

I have used this foundation when very oily, normal, and dry --- my skin has gone through phases. Ugh lol I am always left with a semi matte or satin type finish. I rarely need blotting tissue or powder. This product floats above pores, giving my skin a soft focus look. I love the portability of compact fdtns.I rarely need to touch this fdtn application up, but I always carry it just in case. It last 10+ hours easily on me!

CONS:
On extremely humid, hot days, I find this foundation is not the best, as it will come off if you wipe the perspiration off your face too harshly. Lol If you blot with a tissue, it is fine. I usually only wear Bareminerals orig loose fdtn on those days....it is bulletproof!!

I will breakout IF I sleep in this fdtn. Yeah, that is a nono, but I have done it on a few occasions....late nights....TMI? Lol On the otherhand, Bareminerals IS sleep proof! My skin looks perfect even when I wake up after having slept in it, and it has NEVER broken me out.

Color range is limited. If you are neutral to yellow toned, you are in luck. If you have pink tones, or are darker than a dark honey caramel tone, there are no shades for you. Terrible.

I now reserve New Complexion only for photos and special events on non hot and humid days, as it is becoming harder to find this product and I fear they may be discontinuing it.. My regular go to fdnt for years has been bareminerals orig loose fdtn for regular days, and for special events during the hot and humid summer.

on 5/15/2016 5:02:00 PM

I really like that it's easy and quick to put on and it covers well, but I do not recommend it if you have acne prone skin. I regularly use Neutrogena for foundation. Then I tried this and I really liked it but my forehead started breaking out.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

It doesn't last very long. Need to touch up every 2 hours. But natural finish, like no makeup, no cakey at all, easy to blend, slightly sun protect, smooth. Medium coverage. Recommend for daily makeup, for the one who is lazy, has normal/dry skin.

on 7/19/2015 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I've purchased a few of these over the years in Sand beige and medium beige, but I haven't seen them for sale lately so fear they are discontinued in my country. Now I rarely reached for this compact on my vanity but I might have taken for granted the staple these play in my handbag! So convenient to have a compact creme with decent coverage for touch ups on the go. It's medium buildable to full but can definitely look cakey if you apply on too much with the sponge. If I really need it to play full cover I use my real techniques buffing brush which stipples it in much better for an even, more natural application. It doesn't set quickly and it's more a velvety cream finish than a silky powdery result. Probably a reason why my dry skin loves it so much. Longevity is about 4 hours before touch ups are needed, and I imagine that to be much, much less for those with oily skin. It's not overly moisturising but I wouldn't expect any oil control due to the creme's consistency. Still, it suits my on-the-go needs and I don't really have a comparable product to replace it with so will be disappointed if I can't repurchase.

on 7/9/2015 3:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I've been on a roll with drugstore makeup wins lately! I read a review of this one on Paula's Choice and had to try it, because I always wanted a go-to cream-to-powder makeup for my 5 minute makeup jobs or travel. I have dryish skin even in the summer, so most cream-to-powder formulas catch every little flake. Not this one! Even though the color selection is limited, I choose Sand Beige and it matched my summer skin tone well. It glided on and blended easily. I was left with a medium-coverage, matte finish that breathed and looked natural. I did use my Smashbox primer underneath because my 40ish skin needs it on matter what. It didn't cover the undereye circles perfectly, so I did use concealer and set the area with powder. I am really impressed!