Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of Life

Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of Life
Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of LifeLasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of LifeLasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss - 111 Kiss of Life

4.2

on 10/27/2016 12:31:00 PM

This is a great, bright red on my NC42 complexion. I found the lasting power to be really good. It goes on a bit glossy but quickly becomes matte. It's much less drying that MAC mattes. I was pleasantly surprised, considering Rimmel was, in my mind, the ultra-cheap makeup brand of questionable quality when I was a teenager.

This is a notch above most drugstore lippies. It's often on offer at Boots and Superdrug (UK) and great value for money. I'd say the red is pretty neutral but not as clear as a red like NARS Red Lizard or as bright as Chanel Gabrielle.
It lasts very well and doesn't fade for ages, and when it does it fades pretty evenly and doesn't leave a ring of colour around your mouth. Great formulation, in my opinion.

A truly terrific one from Rimmel. I will be trying others in the Kate Moss range. Packaging is lovely, I would repurchase.

on 5/10/2016 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I like this matte red a lot. I didn't have a lot of luck with the shades in the black package, but these red ones..oh my god they're adorable! This one was the first of the collection I had, and never failed to deliver what promised. The colour is intense and stays for a good handful of hours. It works so nice you forget to have it on. Definitely will buy it again - for that price, it is a good bargain.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! There is so much that is so great about this, and the entire Kate line.
1. The pigmentation.
The colour is strong and striking and lasts all day with hardly any re-application.
2. The longevity
Once dry, this stuff stays put like nothing I've ever experienced. Of course eating and drinking does affect the colour slightly, but even then, the most that happens is that the product fades around the inner part of the lip, and is barely noticeable.
3. The feel
The product feels silky upon application, but dries matte after a little while. It does not dry or feel chalky, it doesn't even feather away like many, MANY MAC lipsticks, it doesn't slide around like cheaper drugstore lipsticks and it barely transfers onto anything.
OVERALL:
This a GREAT dupe for Ruby Woo from MAC, and works on everyone, even a pale redhead like myself. I would say it has a nice balance of blue AND orange undertones, and these are present depending on your skin tone. It can be dressed up or down, and smells pleasantly like watermelon to me. The packaging is gorgeous and I LOVE to pair this with Rimmel's "Red Dynamite" lip pencil. It's a complete steal for the quality of the product. 100% my go to 'Taylor Swift' kind of red. Stunning for everyone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I think this was the first lipstick i ever bought. I got it 2 years ago but it's still going strong. It's such a lovely red shade that I think will suit everyone, it's not too cool or warm. It looks satiny when first applied but does get matte after a while. I'm not sure if it's just me but when first applied it looks a little lighter but after it's had a bit of time to set it gets a bit darker. I've also heard this a good dupe for some red MAC shades (Ruby Woo I think? I've never tried that so I can't say for sure). Anyway this is a lovely classic red shade.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. It's red and bright. It smell like flowers and the taste is not that bad. OMG PIGMENTATION.

on 7/27/2015 11:49:00 AM

I love this lipstick. I would say Rimmel do better lipsticks than MAC!
Shade - perfect shade of red to go with winged eyeliner for that famous look.
Pigmentation - this lipstick is very pigmented.
It says put for a long time and doesn't dry my lips out (I always apply a generous amount of lip balm while I'm doing my make up before I apply matte lipstick).
Price - i think it was about Ģ5.49 so I can't complain. As I said I have bought MAC lipsticks which are dreadful to apply & have terrible staying power.
Smell - it has that rimmel smell which I love.
I would recommend it to a friend.

on 7/20/2015 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lipstick, it's creamy and smooth to apply, however I found that it is definitely not long lasting and it bleeds.

After drinking, eating etc for a couple of hours, I found that the lipstick had transferred and all that was left was a slight red around the outside of my lips.
After wearing this lipstick into jury duty, and being bored rubbing my lips together, found that it bled and transferred to the skin around my lips, very messy.

However, pairing this with a lipliner is great. After buying a lipliner, I've found that I may only need to slightly touch up after about 4-5 hours, and I can eat and drink without worrying about my lips.

Love the vibrant red colour.

on 5/22/2015 4:46:00 PM

The shade is amazing yeah, but let me tell you about the longevity of it.

I ate a burger wearing this lipstick and since I saw a little bit of product on the actual food and felt like it might have smudged a bit, I went to reapply it...but it stayed all perfect, the color didnīt fade, no smudges! But what surprised me the most was that after some time I tried to lipprint my hand (you know what I mean) and it didnīt leave a stain at all. That was very impressive. It is also very comfortable formula, not dry, not greasy...I love it. It also smells nice to me, it has this soft bubblegum-ish/fruity smell. 10/10 recommend.

on 2/28/2015 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is the PERFECT classic red. It's blue toned and a pure red. It's not too light, not too dark and pure. It smells like candy, tastes like candy. Ughh! Just totally love it! It glides right on, isn't messy to apply. It's cheap and it didn't break on me.
The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that after about 5 hours of wear, it dries up the lips and settles into the lines. It looks kinda nasty, but it's ok since I just reapply.

on 2/20/2015 9:38:00 PM

Fantastic lipstick! This is a true red, not too blue, and not too orange. Goes on smooth. Lasts a good 4 hours. Very comfortable on the lips. Very pleasant fruity smell (although some people absolutely hate it). And best of all, it is MATTE!