Olay Age Defying Mature Skin Day Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Olay Age Defying Mature Skin Day Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Age Defying Mature Skin Day Lotion with Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15

4.7

From Olay.com (Aug 20166 Octinoxate, 3 Zinc Oxide, Water/Eau, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance/Parfum, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Peg/Ppg-20/20 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Disodium Edta, Steareth-2, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ascorbic Acid.

on 8/6/2016 6:41:00 PM

My review is for the Canadian version. My bottle is labeled as Olay Age Defying protective renewal lotion. In the corner on the box it specifies SPF 15. The package/box is black and the bottle inside is white.

Ingredients listed from the US Olay site:

6% Octinoxate, 3% Zinc Oxide, Water/Eau, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Steareth-21, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance/Parfum, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dmdm Hydantoin, Peg/Ppg-20/20 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Disodium Edta, Steareth-2, Oleth-3 Phosphate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Ascorbic Acid.

The Canadian package I have does not specific the last ingredient; Ascorbic Acid (vitamin C). I have a vitamin C serum in my routine.

This is very similar to the Olay I was first using - the original Olay spf 15 complete. This one does have fragrance. Same active SS ingredients of zinc oxide and Octinoxate.

I purchased this from Well.ca. It is still on the (Cdn) well.ca site. This product is not shown on the Canadian Olay site. I did see it there a couple of weeks ago and purchased from Well.ca.

It works well under makeup. Very light moisturizer. While I know I should wear SS with higher PPD/uva protection; this is ideal for days when I probably won't go outside and or the middle of winter.

It appears Canadian Olay is eliminating the Age Defying Series as it is no longer featured on the Cdn Olay site. I plan to buy another bottle as a back up.

Pros:
Drug store pricing
Currently available in Canada
Lightweight
does not irritate my skin (cannot wear Biore, Ombrelle Faces and even had a bad reaction to Clinique spf 25)
Makes my skin look better/hydrated
Skin is moisturized. No greasy feel
Has vitamin E and beta-hydroxy complex (as specified on my Cdn package.)

Cons:
Low UVA protection as product contains only 3% zinc oxide
Might be hard to find in Canada in the future
Has fragrance (I prefer fragrance free)
Owned by P & G - not cruelty free

on 6/4/2014 8:46:00 AM

This is the closest version they make to the original Olay Complete SPF 15 with vitamins A,C, & E, and zinc for sun protection. The other Age Defying "Classic" has a beta-hydroxy acid that my skin doesn't react well to, but this one hasn't caused any kind of negative reaction. The stuff that they now call "Complete" bears no resemblance to the original - even their "Sensitive" version, which they claim is like the old version, is not the same. The only thing that's slightly different about this Mature Skin version is that it has a very small amount of oil in it. Because I'm combo & breakout prone, I've always avoided oil-free products, until I noticed that my skin acts up more with oil free. I use the original Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, which has a very small amount of oil in it too, and my skin has never looked better. So, now I'm not afraid to use lotions with a tiny amount of oil, because I feel that they actually balance my skin more effectively.

on 4/10/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this. I've been trying to find a good moisturizer that provides my very dry skin enough moisture from Olay and this is it. Plus it's a little cheaper than the one I was previously using - Total Effects Moisturizer + Serum Duo, and it isn't as thick.