TheBalm Instain Blush in Argyle

TheBalm Instain Blush in Argyle
Instain Blush in Argyle Instain Blush in Argyle

4.8

Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Silica, Lauroyl Lysine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Dehydroacetate. May Contain [ /- Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360)]

The prettiest matte pink blush, pairs great with theBalm Mary Lou Manizer. And it lasts all day.

on 11/9/2016 10:56:00 AM

I purchased four of theBalm Instain blushes when they were released years ago. Sadly, despite all of the hype, they had been sitting in my collection relatively unused until only recently.

The GOOD... I love the packaging which is very cute and compact. The packaging is clearly labeled on the side for perfect storage. The magnetic closure holds the cardboard packing closed tightly for travel. The name and rumors about this staining blush are not a hoax; this truly is a long lasting blush. I have applied this at the beginning of a work day and found it still applied at the end. I have experienced a blush that lasts, never mind for hours upon hours.

The BAD... The blushes are only available in matte formulations, some with micro glitter. While the micro glitter doesn't migrate around the face, those who like an over the top luminous blush or one heavy with glitter will need to look elsewhere.

The UGLY... Theses blushes do stain which, while it doesn't last past a face wash, can be hard to blend and can be bold. I use a duo fiber brush and lightly tap it in to ensure I don't end up looking like a clown.

ARGYLE is a lighter pink then what is shown in the pictures, a Barbie pink with a bit of a sheen. I think this would look ashy on some darker skin tones. The Balm Frat boy and Benefit Dandelion are lighter but look similar (I would choose this one of the three).

The BOTTOM LINE... <3 LOVE <3

on 8/19/2016 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Gorgeous color, it gives a very natural flush, the staying power is not amazing, I've been using it for about 6 hours and it has faded a bit, not a problem if you're carrying it around and do a touch up.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Let me just start by admitting I have a problem... with pink blush. I probably own at least 50, no joke, and that number continues to rise. I love every one of my TheBalm blushes and this one is no exception. In fact, I am so smitten with Argyle that I think it's my favorite one (sorry Frat Boy!). You can't beat the quality for the price. I even love the kooky packaging. This one is meant to look like a women's magazine cover from the 1950s, with the illustration of the blond woman on the cover wearing Argyle on her cheeks (and she looks beautiful of course). The shade of this is indeed gorgeous: a vivid warm-toned coral pink. Argyle reads bright in the pan but once applied, it's very soft and forgiving. I am NC15 and I tend to avoid warm-toned blush because it can go muddy on my sallow undertones. But Argyle is a clean pinky coral, no orange in sight. For being so well-pigmented it blends out like a dream, and lately I've been paring it with my L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last lip color in the shade Permanent Blush (reviewed separately) for an overall soft, sweet, girly, angelic look. The Instains are supposed to last 12 hours and this one does last all day for me. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

on 7/28/2016 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have used tonnes of different blushes over the years coming from all sorts of high-end brands (MAC, Tarte, Chanel, Nars, Stila etc.) and I am yet to come across a better formula and product as this! I am down to my last little bit of this and will need to repurchase soon, something I have never done for any other blush before! Hands down my HG powder blush.

The formula brushes on evenly and smoothly and is very long wearing. This colour is the perfect pink for my NW25 skin tone. I love that it is matte and gives the cheeks and natural colour without looking like you have blush on. You can always add shimmer or highlight on top if you want the glow.

The packaging is great - nice and slim so great to keep in your makeup bag and travel with. They have recently started stocking this in Target in Australia too which makes it easily accessible and affordable!

on 11/29/2015 8:38:00 PM

This is currently my favourite blush!
For reference, I am MAC's Nc25.

Packaging is cardboard, which I kinda like because it's not fragile, and it's very thin and sleek. The printing on the front is cute and there's a nice mirror inside. Closure is magnetic and safe.

Argyle is a matte, warm toned baby pink. It's quite vibrant on the cheeks, so it's a gorgeous colour for spring/summer. It comes with 0.23z/6.5g of product.
The pigmentation is amazing! It doesn't kick up a lot of powder compared to most highly pigmented blushes. What I love the most about it is the longevity. Oh boy, this lasts through hours and hours on my skin. This is the first (and, so far, the only) truly long lasting cheek product I've ever tried. I have very oily cheeks and skin that eats makeup like nothing else. With this, though, I never have to worry about having pale looking cheeks after a few hours. It's the blush I always go for when I know I'll be having a long day!

I do wish this had a satin finish, just because that's my personal preference. But I know many of you love a matte finish, so I'm not complaining! The product is very easy to blend and it's doesn't look chalky on the skin.

I ADORE THIS BLUSH. I swear, if you're looking for a long lasting blush, take a look at the Instain line. I don't think you'll regret it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

TheBalm always surprise me by its high quality products and affordable price!

i own 2 TheBalm Blushes,
both are instain,

this one, Argyle, is highly pigmented,
with only a slight touch on your face can make a beautiful shade on my cheek,

it is a cute, sweet pink which can light up ur face!

i think i may not repurchase this product again as i always wanna try out new blushes !

on 11/15/2014 10:30:00 AM

Ooooh this is the cutest little blush! I bought it on a makeup-buying-rampage and do not regret it. The colour is this adorable slightly peachy girly pink, and it makes my cheeks give off a healthy rosy glow. You really don't need much of the stuff; I lightly pat my angled blush brush in it a couple times, tap off the excess, and then sweep it across my cheeks. It's so pigmented, you really don't need more. You also get sooo much product for your money; I'd buy it again but I don't think I'll ever have to! All in all it's good stuff, I really enjoy the Instains by theBalm and will definitely look out for other colours when I can no longer resist the inevitable urge to buy more unnecessary beauty products.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Pros:
+++Very, very, very pigmented! Be sure to sheer it out
++Perfect light pink. Very natural and works well with my medium skin tone
++Cutest packaging. I love how each in stain blush looks like a different magazine cover, making it easy to tell them apart (unlike Nars blushes with the same packaging for all the blushes). I cannot stress enough how much I adore the packaging. So unique and cute.
++Comes with a good mirror
+++6.5 grams. It will last me a very, very long time. I doubt I'll hit pan for years.

Cons:
-Cardboard packaging. May not look pretty down the road, but it doesn't bother me too much. I know some people cannot stand it.
-Magnetic closure. Some worry that magnetic makeup may open in purses. However, my solution is to keep the blush in the cover it comes with so it doesn't open.
-Priced at $22. This isn't much, but for a college student on a budget, it can be an indulgence.
-Doesn't come with a brush, which is fine for me because I like to choose my brush.

Overall, the pros are much, much greater than the cons. The cons seriously do not bother me at all, but just points to think about if you are considering buying this.

I highly, highly recommend this blush. I would repurchase over and over again, although I doubt I will need to because this will last me a lifetime.

I first heard of the balm through a friend of mine who really loved their products. The Balm here in Canada is quite expensive in comparison the the USA. I think even with the sales in hautelook the shipping and handling adds up and I would still be paying regular price. Anyways, 2x a year london drugs here in Canada usually has a 30% off sale (the lowest the prices goes for thebalm here in Canada according to the sales person). So after waiting since this past summer I finally caved and bought some blushers, highlighters and eyeshadows. This blusher is $28 cdn original price.

Argyle is the perfect girly girl pink blushers. It's incredibly pigmented and you have be careful while applying this blusher... It can make you look like a clown if you're too heavy handed. On my NC30 skin it shows super well... I have to use my real techniques stippling brush to apply this because it's so vibrant with amazing colour payoff. You don't have to use much either. I think this colour would look great in girls and boys with pale skin, but it may not show up much on those with darker skintone.

Popular Blush Products